HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #453 of 6,622
What Marcus says here,
"
Low-Z Bass
The low-end of the R6 is stripped of that impressive fullness and weight though overall I still find it relatively punchy and musical sounding. Certainly a bit lighter but not inherently lean or lacking in extension.

As a result, the low-Z R6 sound doesn’t deliver as much low-end power or depth with a weaker fundamental. Lower pitched instrumental notes become a little more focused on articulation and detail and less about weight and texture."

is a little disheartening to me. But i suppose the Mage 8 Ball would remedy this? Right?

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #455 of 6,622
What Marcus says here,
"
Low-Z Bass
The low-end of the R6 is stripped of that impressive fullness and weight though overall I still find it relatively punchy and musical sounding. Certainly a bit lighter but not inherently lean or lacking in extension.

As a result, the low-Z R6 sound doesn’t deliver as much low-end power or depth with a weaker fundamental. Lower pitched instrumental notes become a little more focused on articulation and detail and less about weight and texture."

is a little disheartening to me. But i suppose the Mage 8 Ball would remedy this? Right?

Absolutely and then some. I find the tipping up the tonal warmth to about 10, with a bass texture, note thickness, and extension of 15 on 8-Ball delivers a fatter and fuller sound. You can go much further than and deliver quite ridiculous levels of weight but then it gets a bit too colored for me.

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #456 of 6,622
Absolutely and then some. I find the tipping up the tonal warmth to about 10, with a bass texture, note thickness, and extension of 15 on 8-Ball delivers a fatter and fuller sound. You can go much further than and deliver quite ridiculous levels of weight but then it gets a bit too colored for me.
Thanks for the clarification. And a finely written review. I like how you say that ^

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #458 of 6,622
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #459 of 6,622
20171214_195529.jpg

User interaction is as fast as my note 4.

Not sure how devices with less RAM are gonna compete?

I'm a droid guy. Have always felt the lag even slight...you get used to your phone speed. Milliseconds mean a lot. Nobody has ever offered a robust droid with enough ram to work it. Now there is one. Why go back? Cuz it sounds better? Which one?

Hiby just broadsided this niche of droid based DAP's with a wicked torpedo.

There are no end games but there are game changers. This...for droid based devices..has just changed it.

Attachments

• 20171214_195427_001.jpg
    20171214_195427_001.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171214_195501_001.jpg
    20171214_195501_001.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171214_195536.jpg
    20171214_195536.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #460 of 6,622

User interaction is as fast as my note 4.

Not sure how devices with less RAM are gonna compete?

I'm a droid guy. Have always felt the lag even slight...you get used to your phone speed. Milliseconds mean a lot. Nobody has ever offered a robust droid with enough ram to work it. Now there is one. Why go back? Cuz it sounds better? Which one?

Hiby just broadsided this niche of droid based DAP's with a wicked torpedo.

There are no end games but there are game changers. This...for droid based devices..has just changed it.
Preorder already placed. Need to wait for 2 months now... :D

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #462 of 6,622
Preorder already placed. Need to wait for 2 months now... :D

Did it ask you for a shipping address? I see that it asks for card information but nothing else. Just wondering how this works. I suppose they you send you some sort of email in the future but with my luck I would accidentally delete it... :)

I just clicked on other items and they do ask for a shipping address when you go to fund the project. Just not getting that for the HiBy though.

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #463 of 6,622
Did it ask you for a shipping address? I see that it asks for card information but nothing else. Just wondering how this works. I suppose they you send you some sort of email in the future but with my luck I would accidentally delete it... :)

I just clicked on other items and they do ask for a shipping address when you go to fund the project. Just not getting that for the HiBy though.
Yes i filled my address, you have to indicate card information, and you will be charged immediately, so preorder placed in this case. Hopw will be lucky enough to get on march, as this will be my first DAP :D

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #464 of 6,622
Yes i filled my address, you have to indicate card information, and you will be charged immediately, so preorder placed in this case. Hopw will be lucky enough to get on march, as this will be my first DAP :D

Strange, all I am getting asked for is my card information. Nothing at all for address is on the page. As I said other projects I checked out ask for an address on the same page as the card info but I am getting nothing for adress when I go to support the HiBy. I wonder what the issue is.

Hmm... I get the address request if I choose the aluminum version. The stainless steel, both bundles and the case perk packages are not asking me for a shipping address.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #465 of 6,622
Sorry, our people setting up our indiegogo page may have left out an address field in some of the perks. Rest assured we fully intend to ship in March and will ask everyone for their address again when time comes. :D

@Joe Bloggs
are you planning to update Andriod version in the future, fex 7,8+?
No promises but I was told these are doable as long as Qualcomm releases such updates for the Snapdragon 425 :D (and, I'd personally add, as long as there are no unforseen troubles porting the DTA architecture to the updated OS versions)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back