HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 6, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #3,661 of 6,622
I transferred a flac song from my PC directly to internal memory of the R6 but it gives me on I/O error when I try to play the song. The song plays fine on my PC.

Thanks. I understand. Was just trying to eliminate your flac ripping process from the equation... Checking one thing at a time... Your PC, might work well with your Flac ripped on that PC; but those files might not work on the R6 for some reason. Testing an MP3 or FLAC ripped by another method or another source, on the internal memory, and finding it does play, would say that your file ripping process may have a problem. IF files from other sources do NOT play, then the R6 surely has a problem, or settings problem. Just trying to help. Not trying to make you do "busy work"... :)

Have you been able to play any music files on your R6 ???

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #3,662 of 6,622
Thanks. I understand. Was just trying to eliminate your flac ripping process from the equation... Checking one thing at a time... Your PC, might work well with your Flac ripped on that PC; but those files might not work on the R6 for some reason. Testing an MP3 or FLAC ripped by another method or another source, on the internal memory, and finding it does play, would say that your file ripping process may have a problem. IF files from other sources do NOT play, then the R6 surely has a problem, or settings problem. Just trying to help. Not trying to make you do "busy work"... :)

Have you been able to play any music files on your R6 ???

I have over 800 songs in internal memory downloaded from I-Tunes that play fine. I was trying to see if flac files sounded better but haven't been able to get them to work. I ripped the original CD's using VLC media.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #3,663 of 6,622
I have over 800 songs in internal memory downloaded from I-Tunes that play fine. I was trying to see if flac files sounded better but haven't been able to get them to work. I ripped the original CD's using VLC media.
Have you tried Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs to flac? It's free and generally recognised as the best CD ripping software for accurate, bit perfect copies. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #3,664 of 6,622
I'm trying to make the R6 do the formatting as it should. I'm using the usb cable that came with the R6 for file transfer. I can see the files/songs on the R6 but it gives me an error when I try to play them.

Well if you run out of ways to sort it out try it.
The SD formatter is written by a collection of companies which include Sandisk and Samsung.

I would just try it and see it it sorts the problem out.

You could have a dodgy card. These will give you the correct Gb but over write files rendering the others written NG.

I think the CMD of flac can check the files

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #3,667 of 6,622
Have you tried Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs to flac? It's free and generally recognised as the best CD ripping software for accurate, bit perfect copies. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
@michaelsxr I'll second that recommendation. Just tried for 30 minutes to rip an audio cd with VLC and could not get it to work. I often use VLC for Videos, and Audio playback. It's not designed to do ripping without writing your own scripts from whet I can see.. If you're able to play them in VLC, that does not mean another player will recognize them.

Also can RIP to FLAC using Windows Media Player. That also works well.
Suggest you test rip some with the program that @Moodyone recomended; and test them on your card and on the R6. (Sorry but If that works, you'll need to re-rip all your files.)

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #3,669 of 6,622
@michaelsxr I'll second that recommendation. Just tried for 30 minutes to rip an audio cd with VLC and could not get it to work. I often use VLC for Videos, and Audio playback. It's not designed to do ripping without writing your own scripts from whet I can see.. If you're able to play them in VLC, that does not mean another player will recognize them.

Suggest you test rip some with the program that @Moodyone recomended; and test them on your card and on the R6. (Sorry but If that works, you'll need to re-rip all your files.)

I got VLC to rip songs but one at a time. Windows media player just shuts down on me when I hit the rip button.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #3,671 of 6,622

I've been very happy with a Windows app called dbPoweramp. It checks the CRC with other known rips of the same music. Can also rip to flac and MP3 (or other format) at the same time, putting each in a separate location. My flac and aiff files play with no difficulty on the R6.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #3,672 of 6,622
I've been very happy with a Windows app called dbPoweramp. It checks the CRC with other known rips of the same music. Can also rip to flac and MP3 (or other format) at the same time, putting each in a separate location. My flac and aiff files play with no difficulty on the R6.

I agree with Wickham, dbPoweramp is flawless when ripping. I have ripped all my CD's using it. No problems converting them using batch converter also.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #3,673 of 6,622
Hiby R6 together with Sennheiser HD660S, taken from my review on Sennheiser HD660S :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Sennheiser-HD-660S-Review-32.jpg

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #3,674 of 6,622
^
I really wish they'd grow on trees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back