HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #3,676 of 6,622
I have a path forward. I'm going to download know playable music from I-Tunes to the SD card and see if the R6 will play them. That way I can confirm whether the problem is with the SD card/R6 or with the music file format.

Looks like I had bad flac files. I copied an Apple lossy file to the sd card and everything worked fine. I then re-formatted the sd card and reconstructed everything with flac files generated by a different ripping program and now everything works great. So much for VLC Media's ripping program.

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #3,678 of 6,622
Looks like I had bad flac files. I copied an Apple lossy file to the sd card and everything worked fine. I then re-formatted the sd card and reconstructed everything with flac files generated by a different ripping program and now everything works great. So much for VLC Media's ripping program.

You can check your flac file for corrupt with flac.exe (https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/xiph/releases/flac/flac-1.3.2-win.zip). Just put flac.exe and flac file in same folder, type "flac.exe -d filename.flac" in CLI and check output.

EAC (Exact Audio Copy) has feature to check ripping disks with AccuRip database. You just need to setup program for you drive (use Google).

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #3,680 of 6,622
^ eh thanks, I guess. I just got the R6 and I heard that there is a DAC function, was it implemented yet ?
And I installed the play store zip file on Chinese version but it always say can not connect connect to google service after input the login information.(I activated all the permission of google play service and google play store)

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #3,681 of 6,622
^ eh thanks, I guess. I just got the R6 and I heard that there is a DAC function, was it implemented yet ?
And I installed the play store zip file on Chinese version but it always say can not connect connect to google service after input the login information.(I activated all the permission of google play service and google play store)

Open the 'Location Information' permissions
Note: If you do not open this privilege, it will result in Google Play Services FC
Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Permissions -> Click to switch location info

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #3,682 of 6,622
Open the 'Location Information' permissions
Note: If you do not open this privilege, it will result in Google Play Services FC
Go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Services -> Permissions -> Click to switch location info
Thank you, it works perfectly. I added the account using play store app and that didn't work. I have to manually add account on Account in setting.
Stock player make the sound a bit warm/dark. Changing to USB audio player cured that perfectly.
Do you know how can I make the DAP work as DAC for my PC ?

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #3,683 of 6,622
Thank you, it works perfectly. I added the account using play store app and that didn't work. I have to manually add account on Account in setting.
Stock player make the sound a bit warm/dark. Changing to USB audio player cured that perfectly.
Do you know how can I make the DAP work as DAC for my PC ?
You must install drivers

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #3,685 of 6,622
EAC
If I use the balance port, should I be worried about the output impedance ?
Yes. Some of my sets show clear issues with OI over balanced. Overall it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and ifI iematch on the high setting fixes them.

In particular the bass on my isine20 suffers. For sets I have, that's the worst issue I have, the rest are pretty minor changes where I almost always prefer it without iematch. If you have MD+ or CA Andromeda or something that sensitive you'll definitely have issues and want to use iematch.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #3,686 of 6,622
EAC

Yes. Some of my sets show clear issues with OI over balanced. Overall it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and ifI iematch on the high setting fixes them.

In particular the bass on my isine20 suffers. For sets I have, that's the worst issue I have, the rest are pretty minor changes where I almost always prefer it without iematch. If you have MD+ or CA Andromeda or something that sensitive you'll definitely have issues and want to use iematch.
I'm using a k10. But there is a ifi iematch for 2.5? Never seen that before :frowning2:

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,688 of 6,622
For those in the uk AMP3 now have the R6 and R3 up for pre-order. No mention of date for release however.

Been using mine today at work with the sennheiser hd25-II's. Good match at least too my ears. The warmth of the R6 tames the bite in the treble a bit.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #3,689 of 6,622
I find myself more interested in the R3 rather than the R6 these days.
I'm assuming it's just a straight up player rather than something one can browse online with?

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #3,690 of 6,622
For those in the uk AMP3 now have the R6 and R3 up for pre-order. No mention of date for release however.

Been using mine today at work with the sennheiser hd25-II's. Good match at least too my ears. The warmth of the R6 tames the bite in the treble a bit.

Oh that means the R3 will be for sale in the UK before I get mine now :) smashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back