HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 5, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #3,646 of 6,622
I just got an aluminum R6 which I snagged off eBay, with the few minutes I've spent with it so far I'm really liking it. I do have 2 quick questions though since I can't seem to find a manual.

Up in the android notification bar near the top right next to the battery indicator, when playing a redbook file I see 44.1k. When playing a 96K or DSD file it says 48k does that mean its downsampling everything to 48k?

So I use an iPhone 8 plus and paired the two together (but in the bluetooth menu it shows not connected), and paired in HiBy Music. Is there a way I can stream music from my phone (using Apple Music) and then have it play on my R6? I can control the playback through the HiBy Music, but I couldn't seem to figure out how to have the Iphone itself output to the R6.

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #3,647 of 6,622
Have you tried moving any files from the PC to the Internal memory directly? If that works, the microsd card may have a problem. I normally rip with Foobar2K...

Just tried that. Created a new folder in internal memory and transferred one song from my PC. Got the same "I/O Error" as before so my .flac music files are suspect. Thanks for the suggestion and help. I'll try a different program to rip my CD's.

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #3,648 of 6,622
Just tried that. Created a new folder in internal memory and transferred one song from my PC. Got the same "I/O Error" as before so my .flac music files are suspect. Thanks for the suggestion and help. I'll try a different program to rip my CD's.

If I take the external memory card out of the R6 and plug it into the usb port on my PC, all of the .flac songs play fine on the PC. They just won't play on my R6.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #3,650 of 6,622
If I take the external memory card out of the R6 and plug it into the usb port on my PC, all of the .flac songs play fine on the PC. They just won't play on my R6.

Shutdown your R6.
Take your SD card out.
Downolad a sd card formater from here. It's legit.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Choose the long format.
Make a folder called Music and place all your music in Artist/Album directory format.
Put the SD card back in.
switch on your R6.
You should have a pop up asking if you want to set the sd card to external .
Choose yes .

If transferring files via usb.
Make sure you have a good quality Cable. Usually they have a 56K pullup.
Plug usb cable into PC.
Swipe down from the top and select select usb mode.
e.g Transfer files.
You should now be able to transfer correctly.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #3,651 of 6,622
1. What problems exist when R6 plays records from streaming Tidal, Spotify, etc?
2. Is it possible to save Tidal records offline on an external card and then play them? Does the record stutter when playing?
3. How implemented Bitperfect in R6? Does Android make sampling audio records or not?.
4. Is there support MQA files from Tidal or not?
5. How do wifi and bluetooth work in the device? Is the connection stable?

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #3,652 of 6,622
is anyone experiencing the unit getting quite warm quite quickly usually within 30 mins of playing?

Yes, mine is geeting very warm too especially while playing in balanced mode.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #3,655 of 6,622
I'm not sure if its a hit and miss on the wifi.
I did not hear any issues from people who received the first lot.
Apart from one person who sent theres back due to a sd slot problem.
They asked for the original back as the wifi on the replacement was not that good.
Looks like there was a component source issue or a production problem on this second batch.

For me its not an issue as I dont use the wifi other than update

Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm one click away from buying a unit, but a response from Mr. Bloggs I feel is needed. :deadhorse:

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #3,656 of 6,622

That is strange. There may be something wrong with your R6. Maybe Joe can answer better.

Only other thing I can think to try is moving an mp3 or flac file from another source to the Internal memory of R6 to see if it will play. If that played, then there still may be something about how you created your flac files that don't let them play on the R6?

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #3,657 of 6,622
Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm one click away from buying a unit, but a response from Mr. Bloggs I feel is needed. :deadhorse:
Hi, i was getting from first batch everything was perfect expect SD slot was not working, got replacement, maybe it was already refurbished unit, very weak wifi signal almost useless so send it back again, now waiting for third replacement, hope it will be fine at last...

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #3,658 of 6,622
Hi, i was getting from first batch everything was perfect expect SD slot was not working, got replacement, maybe it was already refurbished unit, very weak wifi signal almost useless so send it back again, now waiting for third replacement, hope it will be fine at last...

Please let us know if it comes out okay.
I feel a bit bad about putting a spotlight on quality control issues, but this is quite a bit of money that is being spent!

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,659 of 6,622
Shutdown your R6.
Take your SD card out.
Downolad a sd card formater from here. It's legit.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Choose the long format.
Make a folder called Music and place all your music in Artist/Album directory format.
Put the SD card back in.
switch on your R6.
You should have a pop up asking if you want to set the sd card to external .
Choose yes .

If transferring files via usb.
Make sure you have a good quality Cable. Usually they have a 56K pullup.
Plug usb cable into PC.
Swipe down from the top and select select usb mode.
e.g Transfer files.
You should now be able to transfer correctly.

I'm trying to make the R6 do the formatting as it should. I'm using the usb cable that came with the R6 for file transfer. I can see the files/songs on the R6 but it gives me an error when I try to play them.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #3,660 of 6,622
That is strange. There may be something wrong with your R6. Maybe Joe can answer better.

Only other thing I can think to try is moving an mp3 or flac file from another source to the Internal memory of R6 to see if it will play. If that played, then there still may be something about how you created your flac files that don't let them play on the R6?

I transferred a flac song from my PC directly to internal memory of the R6 but it gives me on I/O error when I try to play the song. The song plays fine on my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back