HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 5, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #3,616 of 6,622
So, just to make sure .. the final version hasn't been released yet, correct?

Final version? If you want to know if the pcb has been changed or updated then you should contact Hiby direct.
Nobody here will know whats inside theirs.
The only info we can check is the firmware build and serial number.

I would have thought any company selling ,right now will have this generation R6

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #3,617 of 6,622
Hello,

Is anyonce experiencing severe cracks while using the R6 as a transport to a dac via the USB C output ? ( latest firmware + tried locking volume option ) I can't get the cracks to go away, my dac is the RME ADI-2 DAC.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #3,618 of 6,622
Final version? If you want to know if the pcb has been changed or updated then you should contact Hiby direct.
Nobody here will know whats inside theirs.
The only info we can check is the firmware build and serial number.

I would have thought any company selling ,right now will have this generation R6

I'm asking because it seems like only this place is selling it: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/hiby-r6-src-free-hi-res-android-dap
On the official HiBy page it's only possible to sign up for an e-mail that will say when the release is, yet I heard awhile ago that it would be released in a few weeks.
Joe, are you there? =P

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #3,619 of 6,622
Hello,

Is anyonce experiencing severe cracks while using the R6 as a transport to a dac via the USB C output ? ( latest firmware + tried locking volume option ) I can't get the cracks to go away, my dac is the RME ADI-2 DAC.

One possibility is noise from RF/EMI. Do you have the WiFi On, on the R6 or, any cellular or wireless device in the proximity?

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,620 of 6,622
I'm asking because it seems like only this place is selling it: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/hiby-r6-src-free-hi-res-android-dap
On the official HiBy page it's only possible to sign up for an e-mail that will say when the release is, yet I heard awhile ago that it would be released in a few weeks.
Joe, are you there? =P

MusicTeck is where I bought my R6 from. I had preordered in April (not thru IGG) and when MusicTeck received the first batch of R6 in late May they completed their orders on first ordered/first served basis. I received mine from that order. A second shipment was also expected from HiBy in early July. Sounds like HiBy is taking care of all IGG orders, which likely includes their authorized distributors, first before making available to public.

On an aside, I'm curious: how is "HiBy" truly pronounced? Is it "heh-bee", "high-bee", "high-bye"? I always say "heh-bee".

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #3,621 of 6,622
MusicTeck is where I bought my R6 from. I had preordered in April (not thru IGG) and when MusicTeck received the first batch of R6 in late May they completed their orders on first ordered/first served basis. I received mine from that order. A second shipment was also expected from HiBy in early July. Sounds like HiBy is taking care of all IGG orders, which likely includes their authorized distributors, first before making available to public.

On an aside, I'm curious: how is "HiBy" truly pronounced? Is it "heh-bee", "high-bee", "high-bye"? I always say "heh-bee".

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #3,623 of 6,622

I pronounce it "Hib-Bee"

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,625 of 6,622
I pronounce it "Hib-Bee"

That's more like what I meant with "heh-bee". Your spelling is better than what I could think up phonetically.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #3,627 of 6,622
Is anyone still have WiFi connection issues?
I'm starting to think that this has more to do with how close one is to their router rather than a problem with the DAP?

This is the only glaring thing that I found to be bothersome with this DAP.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #3,628 of 6,622
Is anyone still have WiFi connection issues?
I'm starting to think that this has more to do with how close one is to their router rather than a problem with the DAP?

This is the only glaring thing that I found to be bothersome with this DAP.
I have a problem with wifi too...My wifi works ONLY when im in my room with router and its not a big room.I even sometimes loose connection when im in the room,wifi bar also drops when hiby isnt pointed in the routers direction...I have SS version if it means something.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,629 of 6,622
I have a problem with wifi too...My wifi works ONLY when im in my room with router and its not a big room.I even sometimes loose connection when im in the room,wifi bar also drops when hiby isnt pointed in the routers direction...I have SS version if it means something.
Same with me and I got an aluminium version.
Unfortunately, we got a lemon unit. Simple as that.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #3,630 of 6,622
Same with me and I got an aluminium version.
Unfortunately, we got a lemon unit. Simple as that.
I even got mine little bit damaged,CNC didnt got the job done very well on the frame and I have a little dot on the upper left side of the screen it somehow got damaged...Was PM'd joe about this problems and still waiting for answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back