HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 1, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #3,558 of 6,622
Somehow i do not understand that in Hiby R6 forum we speak about mp3 files, ok Spotify has 320 kbs, but it is quite bad quality at this time, it was good 15 years ago ( some recordings of mp3 may be really good) but overall on my main system or through headphones i can definetly tell when it plays from Spotify or Tidal. If Spotify will go to CD quality so it will be Tidals death for 100% But till now there is not a lot of options. As in post above those who dont hear difference between 320kbps and 16/44.1 i do not know what they are doing here in forum

I don't have an R6 but I'm very interested in one and I use Spotify Extreme a lot. It's one of the reasons I would consider the R6 (due to android). I use FLAC files too but I usually can not tell the difference and I have quality headphones and amps. The R6 is meant to be a portable player. Spotify is a great portable app. There are many others, like me, who also have mp3s from the past that they still use.

Jun 1, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #3,559 of 6,622
I checked this already. The SD card was showing up correctly as an external storage. I pressed the eject and then reinstalled it within settings. I also deleted some old "Android" dat files that were on the card. This seemed to help in performance. Although there is still lag with GUI touch control overall it is better. Thanks for the tip.

It sounded more like a problem with the touchscreen than responsiveness of the device per se from your description. Maybe you can try typing on the keyboard with a light load (e.g. go right into HiByMusic after bootup and tap the magnifying glass to do a search, type some letters in the search bar) and see which is which?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #3,560 of 6,622
1. I do not have a V20/V30. I'll let someone else answer that question.
2. Are you asking, if you can add a 3.5mm SE Female to 2.5mm Balanced Male adapter to your iSine10, which has a Single Ended cable? If that is what you are asking, the answer is, No. A SE cable cannot be used on a Balanced port even with an adapter. You can technically make such an adapter. But using that adapter to connect a Single Ended IEM to a Balanced port on a DAP will damage the DAP's circuit. The best route is to buy a separate Balanced cable for your iSine10.
3. Unfortunately No. Currently, R6 allows only one EQ profile. Hopefully Hiby will add more custom EQ profiles.

Thanks for the input.

I'll really have to think about it. As I find my iSine 10s sounds really good to my with my V20 EQed with Viper4ARISE.

The balanced interest me more for my Audeze EL-8 TI and Sine, as they require a little more power and don't sound as good out of my V20. There can be a bit of bass distortion in some songs, especially with deep bass. But finding balanced cables might prove difficult. Maybe the Hiby can drive those better even through the single ended jack?

One EQ profile seems quite limiting compared to what I can do through VIper4ARISE. I currently have Five profiles for five different headphones from my collection.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #3,561 of 6,622
Thanks for the input.

I'll really have to think about it. As I find my iSine 10s sounds really good to my with my V20 EQed with Viper4ARISE.

The balanced interest me more for my Audeze EL-8 TI and Sine, as they require a little more power and don't sound as good out of my V20. There can be a bit of bass distortion in some songs, especially with deep bass. But finding balanced cables might prove difficult. Maybe the Hiby can drive those better even through the single ended jack?

One EQ profile seems quite limiting compared to what I can do through VIper4ARISE. I currently have Five profiles for five different headphones from my collection.

I run my i4 out of R6's SE and it sounds really good. It has become my preferred portable source for the i4. I tried the i4 on R6's Balanced the other day. Since it offers more power than the SE, I had to reduce the volume a few clicks to get to the same loudness. Apart from the volume, the other differences I noticed were a slightly darker background, slightly better separation, slightly better soundstage in terms of space and airiness and a touch more transparency. Marginal but noticeable differences. I did not notice any difference in the bass except I think the bass was a touch tighter.

Yes one EQ profile is really annoying. Because of this I am not able to use my other IEMs that would need EQ, because then I would have to reset it and redo it every time.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #3,562 of 6,622
So, I just hooked up the HiBy R6 to my laptop with the usb that came in the package.
Every time I try to drag and drop a music folder into the R6 icon the following message comes up: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.

Furthermore, I can get online, but when I try to watch any videos on YouTube.com then it stops after a second or two and stats that a problem occurred.

Anyone else having these issues?
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: It also constantly struggles to stay connected to my internet even though my laptop connection is perfect.

EDIT: Yeah, this thing is almost constantly connecting and re-connecting to the internet. =(

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #3,563 of 6,622
It sounded more like a problem with the touchscreen than responsiveness of the device per se from your description. Maybe you can try typing on the keyboard with a light load (e.g. go right into HiByMusic after bootup and tap the magnifying glass to do a search, type some letters in the search bar) and see which is which?

Here's what I did today:

1. Ensured R6 was powered off and removed SD card (a Samsung EVO 256GB)
2. Reformatted card via Windows 10 to exFAT (originally exFAT)
3. Inserted card back into R6 and powered on.
4. Got the "new SD card detected" prompt and set it as file transfer (or whatever the opposite of Internal Storage is)
5. Connected R6 to USB and set to File Transfer mode.
6. Loaded a crapload of music.
7. Unplugged R6 and swiped through screens.
8. Result: SMOOTHER and FLUID. No lag!

So is there a correlation between R6 performance and using a preloaded card from another device? I don't know but all seems well now.

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #3,564 of 6,622
I honestly don't get it.
Does anyone have any idea as to why the internet connection won't stay on for this player?

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #3,565 of 6,622
I don't have an R6 but I'm very interested in one and I use Spotify Extreme a lot. It's one of the reasons I would consider the R6 (due to android). I use FLAC files too but I usually can not tell the difference and I have quality headphones and amps. The R6 is meant to be a portable player. Spotify is a great portable app. There are many others, like me, who also have mp3s from the past that they still use.
Everybody has different ears my test was simple i tried Tidal after this Spotify, i'm not saying all tracks but definetly most of them really sounded better. Spotify was using for long time and it is cheaper than Tidal i would use it in any day, but man the quality is different totally either on my Meze 99C or main stereo ( in stereo it is drastic difference) but i has friend he has marantz NA8005 with spotify and Jamo speakers, as speakers are not so high end level, the spotify sound really nice. But again it becomes to preferences. So sometimes equipment plays big role here as speakers can be more forgiving and etc. What headphones you have and amp that can not hear difference?

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #3,566 of 6,622
I honestly don't get it.
Does anyone have any idea as to why the internet connection won't stay on for this player?
The wifi range is pretty weak on the dap. Some users have reported poor connection speeds at close range to the router. How far are you from the router? If it's happening at really close range there might be something wrong with the dap itself. Try connecting close to the router and if it still happens do a factory data reset and if it continues contact customer support aka Joe.

Edit. Word

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #3,567 of 6,622
Here's what I did today:

1. Ensured R6 was powered off and removed SD card (a Samsung EVO 256GB)
2. Reformatted card via Windows 10 to exFAT (originally exFAT)
3. Inserted card back into R6 and powered on.
4. Got the "new SD card detected" prompt and set it as file transfer (or whatever the opposite of Internal Storage is)
5. Connected R6 to USB and set to File Transfer mode.
6. Loaded a crapload of music.
7. Unplugged R6 and swiped through screens.
8. Result: SMOOTHER and FLUID. No lag!

So is there a correlation between R6 performance and using a preloaded card from another device? I don't know but all seems well now.

You probably had some sort of corruption or even old hidden android files on the card.
I think the reformat was the clincher as I copy direct to card from PC and all ok here.

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #3,568 of 6,622
Thanks for the input.

Actually all the EQ profiles (9 of them) are customizable, it's just that one of them is named "Custom" with a flat default to make extra sure that you know at least one of them is customizable. :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #3,570 of 6,622
The wifi range is pretty weak on the dap. Some users have reported poor connection speeds at close range to the router. How far are you from the router? If it's happening at really close range there might be something wrong with the dap itself. Try connecting close to the router and if it still happens do a factory data reset and if it continues contact customer support aka Joe.

Edit. Word

Thanks for the response. I'm tempted to sell it if this will be the case considering...
Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back