HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 12, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #3,078 of 6,628
I also wrestled with Standy on the Fiio X5iii. What was the issue you had?

Fiio x5 iii battery drained almost as fast on standby as it did using it :)

I hope the hiby lasts a bit longer in standby.

Looks like the buzz is being snuffed by the wifi issue, blue tint in SS, extra cost on import duty blah blah.

Hopefully it sounds and runs as good as i hope.

As long as Poweramp or Neutron work well I will be happy

May 12, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,079 of 6,628
I own a pair of iSine 20s. They sound best when I set the equalization similar to the Cipher cable equalization. Shown here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...-iem-planar-magnetic-earphones.818870/page-84

I've been looking thru the Google Play store and I can't find an equalizer with the ability to input specific frequencies.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Neutron has a nifty equaliser setting.

When holding down on a fader it will go into a new screen and frequency,q and band settings can be set for that fader.

upto 20 faders if selected.

May 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,083 of 6,628
no letter yet just a text to my phone.....however it was showing to be delivered this coming Monday, but now says delivery unspecified?

Maybe its a regional thing?

I know Royal mail hold back for payment but fedex and DHL always deliver and ask for payment after.

Maybe fedex is getting wiser due to the number delivered for Hiby

May 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #3,085 of 6,628
Well I'm going to hold out and see if the deliver first

Did you order the case to go with it? Just seen someones parcel on facebook page and it is a LOT bigger than the one that I received with just the aluminium dap.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy it either way.

I'm now waiting my refit Custom Art Fibae 2's to come back in the next couple of weeks. Should be a good match for them I think. What iems are other people using/going to be using with the r6?

May 12, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #3,086 of 6,628
Did you order the case to go with it? Just seen someones parcel on facebook page and it is a LOT bigger than the one that I received with just the aluminium dap.

I'm now waiting my refit Custom Art Fibae 2's to come back in the next couple of weeks. Should be a good match for them I think. What iems are other people using/going to be using with the r6?

yes went with the case

May 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #3,087 of 6,628

let us know how the Fibae 2's work out. What colour did you go for?

I'm going to use my fiio x9 pro's first off.

May 12, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #3,088 of 6,628
A few units need to be returned because of a faulty SD card slot but most issues here relate to other problems:
1. Need to install MTP drivers on the Mac
2. Need to activate file transfer mode on the R6 in the first place
3. Some units seemingly exhibiting a disconnection in file transfer after a set period or set amount of data transferred--we are still trying to reproduce this problem

I'm suspecting that what happened here is that a spurious disconnection of the USB connection has caused the R6 to register the SD card as "dirty" (ejected while writing) incorrectly. I will consult further with saykong in private.
When I plug my R6 into my Windows computer I don't see a drive letter. I guess I need to activate transfer mode, but I don't know how to do that. Check all the menu items and don't see it. Very easy on my Fiio X5iii.

May 12, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,089 of 6,628
I feel like the R6 is a great device that was launched at the PERFECT TIME. I don't know if you even own the device or not yet, but I disagree with 3 of your so called fixes. Headphone impedance doesn't seem to be much of an issue for MANY of the headphones tested by users here. Certainly no more than other DAPs, which is amazing, considering the high OI. Line out noise - I'm not using, so I wouldn't know. Noise with the WIFI on - No such issues on my end at all. There are others who are NOT having issues, as well. SD card slot - no issues! I even double checked today just to make sure and you know what? I had to click on the main drive (C) to get to the R6. It doesn't show up as a separate drive like other devices when connected. I changed the USB designation on the player, and both player drives showed up immediately. I was able to transfer music. The file transfer is very fast, by the way. So, I'm in the EXCELLENT LAUNCH camp. This device is everything advertised and more. I'm amazed at how my 16 ohm IEM's show no effect of the high impedance after minor MSEB adjustments. Excellent work, HIBY!
How did you change the USB transfer mode? I don't see a way to do that, so 'm not able to get music on to the player.

May 12, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #3,090 of 6,628
When I plug my R6 into my Windows computer I don't see a drive letter. I guess I need to activate transfer mode, but I don't know how to do that. Check all the menu items and don't see it. Very easy on my Fiio X5iii.

There may be a setting that selects the usb connector as DAC or usb transfer mode.

Actually it should automatically ask if you want usb transfer mode.

Android does that in default.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back