HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 10, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #3,048 of 6,628
Thx that is reassuring

You guys are very lucky! You got yours, Our tracking number is stagnant at all and no progress since 9th May, it’s already 11th today and considering it’s coming from HK to singapore takes about forever I guess.. too bad for this?
My candle is almost over and I am dying for this wait..
94CA1541-6631-4938-BDE5-7C33D25BB83E.jpeg

May 11, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #3,049 of 6,628
Just curious.
There is no R6 firmware freely distributed in the web.
How can you be so sure that it really was international firmware version, not default chinese one + installed Google services?
There two reasons for me to believe that it is an international firmware.
First, the taobao seller told me that he has given me an international version.
Second, as far as I know, for Chinese firmware, there is a new update introduced some new features, such as WiFi songs transfer, but I have checked and no new firmware can be updated via OTA currently.

May 11, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #3,052 of 6,628
Anyone from Singapore interested in buying a brand new, sealed Hiby R6? Please PM me. Helping my friend to sell his Hiby R6.

(To moderators: do let me know if this is not allowed, and I'll delete it if that's the case. Cheers!)

May 11, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #3,054 of 6,628
It's all your fault :p ! Just got the letter today, £19.00 :frowning2: Probably just cough up, path of least resistance and all that.
Oops! Sorry about that David. I must have jinxed it :p
At least you know you can just pay £7 and refuse the 12. I'll probably do the same. 19 is not a big deal by the way. That's another proof that these guys at Fedex are not consistent at all and charge whatever they want.

May 11, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #3,058 of 6,628
First impressions after what felt like an eternal wait for it to arrive (SS, #790):

Holy crap. With my 64Audio U-8's and a balanced cable this thing is SO revealing. I have a couple of "first tracks" that I put any audio gear through. They aren't anything special, just stuff that I know so well that I can hear any difference at all. Both of them were crystal clear and incredibly revealing. I know it's a bit cliche to feel like you can hear stuff in the tracks you couldn't before, but I swear that I could in my favorite headphone tester (Mike Oldfield - The Bell).

For a totally different style of things, this thing has really kicked up the bass for me. These U-8's shine with these, giving some serious bass that feels incredibly tight. I'm no audiophile, so hopefully you guys know what I mean.

(Also, unrelated the Android File Transfer is terrible. It crashed several times, skipped tracks, it sucks. I need to find a wifi way to copy files.)

May 11, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #3,059 of 6,628
I thought I'd chance the SS .
Looked nice on the reviews.

The X5iii was nice but so slow. Standby was a joke.

Well next week's not so far.
I also wrestled with Standy on the Fiio X5iii. What was the issue you had?

May 11, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #3,060 of 6,628
First impressions after what felt like an eternal wait for it to arrive (SS, #790):

Holy ****. With my 64Audio U-8's and a balanced cable this thing is SO revealing. I have a couple of "first tracks" that I put any audio gear through. They aren't anything special, just stuff that I know so well that I can hear any difference at all. Both of them were crystal clear and incredibly revealing. I know it's a bit cliche to feel like you can hear stuff in the tracks you couldn't before, but I swear that I could in my favorite headphone tester (Mike Oldfield - The Bell).

For a totally different style of things, this thing has really kicked up the bass for me. These U-8's shine with these, giving some serious bass that feels incredibly tight. I'm no audiophile, so hopefully you guys know what I mean.

(Also, unrelated the Android File Transfer is terrible. It crashed several times, skipped tracks, it sucks. I need to find a wifi way to copy files.)

All the pre-TIA 64 Audio iems will be a match made in heaven with R6 high output impedance because they were tuned specifically for higher OI sources :wink: So for sure, U8/R6 pair up will be quite an ear opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back