HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 10, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #3,032 of 6,628
In fact here's my completed track page for reassurance :-

Screenshot (1).jpg

May 10, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,042 of 6,628
Mine is in the same situation as yours.

Looking at the Fedex info it looks like they pick up over the weekend and deliver during the day.

So ours I guess have not been picked up yet and not until this weekend!
That's fine with me. I don't mind waiting.
I just hope my unit will not come with any issues. That's my only concearn.

May 10, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #3,044 of 6,628
I think the wifi problem is a bummer.

Noticed a comment on indiegogo that one persons SS version being a bit blueish .

That could be overheating on the CNC.
Yes. These thoughts made me to opt for the aluminium and not the stainless steel version in the end. Density is different among the 2 metals and having had the experience with another DAP (X5iii) which had poor wifi reception, I though I'd better not make any experiments. These devices have their antennas at the backplate of the unit and while I'm nowhere near expecting the same reception like my mobile phone, stainless steel is an extra unknown ''X'' that I was/am not willing to risk.

May 10, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #3,045 of 6,628
Yes. These thoughts made me to opt for the aluminium and not the stainless steel version in the end. Density is different among the 2 metals and having had the experience with another DAP (X5iii) which had poor wifi reception, I though I'd better not make any experiments. These devices have their antennas at the backplate of the unit and while I'm nowhere near expecting the same reception like my mobile phone, stainless steel is an extra unknown ''X'' that I was/am not willing to risk.

I thought I'd chance the SS .
Looked nice on the reviews.

The X5iii was nice but so slow. Standby was a joke.

Well next week's not so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back