HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 12, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #3,106 of 6,628
Yes

Yes in hiby musoc, mega sound ball, you can adjust sound signature to your liking, just watch Reviews in youtube, and reviews
Ah. Found it. Android is a mystery to me that is only slowly being revealed.

May 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #3,107 of 6,628
Actually, I think it may be that the device spontaneously switches to charging mode in the middle of the transfer.
Ah, I've had problems just when playing music or otherwise without having the R6 plugged in to the computer.

May 12, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #3,108 of 6,628
Ah, I've had problems just when playing music or otherwise without having the R6 plugged in to the computer.

Can you please expand on this? What exactly happens and under what circumstances?

For the people who have had problems transferring files to the microSD card when installed in the R6 and via a USB cable, are there already some files on the card before you put it in the R6?

I find that it's always best to start with a blank microSD card and Format it with the device you're using and to the file format or file system that is supported by the DAP. Most Android devices have that option.

Does it work if you try to copy the music files to the R6's built-in INTERNAL storage?

Another thing you can try (and sometimes it's much faster) is to copy the files directly to your microSD card using your laptop or computer's built-in SD Card Slot using a microSD-to-Full Size SD card adapter and/or a separate USB card reader. Most of the 128gb-400gb microSD Cards come with a full size SDXC/SDHC Card adapter.

I use the Transcend # TS-RDF9K USB 3.1 multi-format Memory Card Reader which has a microSD card slot. It's been super fast and reliable even for my pro photo & video camera transfers, including microSD cards from my drones & GoPro cameras.

OH, and if you bought a brand new 64gb, 128gb, or larger microSD card for the R6, confirm that it is not a FAKE card. Most Fake cards will only truly have about 8gb or maybe up to 32gb storage, even though the "digital label" or electronic I.D. reports it to the computer or device as being the full capacity that you supposedly bought.

While shooting photos or video, or recording audio, or transferring files, these fake cards might completely freeze up your system, kill or abort the transfer or recording process, and will usually corrupt all of the data on the card once you surpass their real capacity. :/ This is because the computer or device actually believes that the card has the full capacity (say 128gb), so it keeps trying to write to the card and actually keeps "overwriting" its own data. That causes the corrupt files or corrupted card!

There have been many reports of fake cards even on Amazon, but eBay is the worst. If you got an "incredible deal" it may be that it's too good to be true. I have had the best luck and reliability with the SAMSUNG microSD cards, so that is all that I use now. They have a White plastic interior or core and that shows around the entire thin edges of the card. So if the edges are black it's a fake. Even the packaging can look extremely convincing! Just Google for "Fake Sandisk (or Samsung) microSD card" to learn how to spot a fake.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #3,109 of 6,628
There may be a setting that selects the usb connector as DAC or usb transfer mode.

Actually it should automatically ask if you want usb transfer mode.

Android does that in default.
How did you change the USB transfer mode? I don't see a way to do that, so 'm not able to get music on to the player.

Drag down from the top of the screen, you'll see an option window with three options, USB transfer mode being one.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #3,110 of 6,628
Can you please expand on this? What exactly happens and under what circumstances?
I was just listening to some music, and I noticed a notification that said the MicroSD was in the process of ejecting. I waited and after a while, the player told me the MicroSD was corrupted. I noticed this happened after adjusting the volume using the physical buttons. It's possible it is a hardware issue, but it could also be coincidence.

I turned the player off, removed the MicroSD, and plugged it into my computer where it prompted to to a disk scan. After doing this, Windows reported that there were no errors. I put the MicroSD back in, turned the player on, and it detected the MicroSD properly.

EDIT: I've done some fiddling around, and it seems that I've been able to consistently reproduce this issue. I don't think it's a hardware issue. When not playing music for a while, the player goes into a sleep mode (power button light turns off). If the player is woken up and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon briefly appears in the notification tray.

If the player is woken up, the music is unpaused (order irrelevant), and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon appears for longer, resulting in either Android flagging the MicroSD as corrupt (remedied by restarting) or the MicroSD correctly being remounted. I've noticed that this happens when using Neutron or using Hiby Music, so it is probably not app dependent. I've noticed this happen with 2.5mm output, 3.5mm output, and no connected output.

Screenshot_20180512-233055.png Screenshot_20180512-233103.png

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #3,111 of 6,628
I was just listening to some music, and I noticed a notification that said the MicroSD was in the process of ejecting. I waited and after a while, the player told me the MicroSD was corrupted. I noticed this happened after adjusting the volume using the physical buttons. It's possible it is a hardware issue, but it could also be coincidence.

I turned the player off, removed the MicroSD, and plugged it into my computer where it prompted to to a disk scan. After doing this, Windows reported that there were no errors. I put the MicroSD back in, turned the player on, and it detected the MicroSD properly.

EDIT: I've done some fiddling around, and it seems that I've been able to consistently reproduce this issue. I don't think it's a hardware issue. When not playing music for a while, the player goes into a sleep mode (power button light turns off). If the player is woken up and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon briefly appears in the notification tray.

If the player is woken up, the music is unpaused (order irrelevant), and the volume is lowered using the button while the screen is on, the MicroSD icon appears for longer, resulting in either Android flagging the MicroSD as corrupt (remedied by restarting) or the MicroSD correctly being remounted. I've noticed that this happens when using Neutron or using Hiby Music, so it is probably not app dependent. I've noticed this happen with 2.5mm output, 3.5mm output, and no connected output.

Thanks for the details & screen shots. I'm not sure if it will show this snafu in an error log, but in the settings of the R6 there is an option to create & send an Error Report to directly HiBy, assuming the R6 is connected to Wi-Fi.

What Brand, Model, & Size microSD card are you using? How much available space is left on the card?

Just before the device goes into sleep mode, an Android device will usually write a small marker file to the SD card.

FYI, I've had 3 SanDisk microSD cards become corrupt and unusable in Android devices. All three happened to be almost completely full when the corruption and failure occurred. Luckily all three were replaced under warranty by SanDisk, but of course a lot of data was lost. :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 13, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #3,112 of 6,628
Thanks for the details & screen shots. I'm not sure if it will show this snafu in an error log, but in the settings of the R6 there is an option to create & send an Error Report to directly HiBy, assuming the R6 is connected to Wi-Fi.
Where can I find this option?

May 13, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #3,113 of 6,628
Where can I find this option?

IIRC, in Currawong's (Amos) HiBy R6 YouTube review, he showed that there is a place in the Settings Menu to Send a "Error Report" to HiBy for evaluation & bug fixes. Please watch at 12:19 mark....

May 13, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3,114 of 6,628
IIRC, in Currawong's (Amos) HiBy R6 YouTube review, he showed that there is a place in the Settings Menu to Send a "Error Report" to HiBy for evaluation & bug fixes. Please watch at 12:19 mark....

Thanks! By the way, I'm using a SanDisk Ultra MicroSD, 200GB max capacity (SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A), 30.6GB free.

May 13, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #3,119 of 6,628
They look nice. What they like in the upper end. The Fiio f9 pro's tend to be a bit too sharp. Clear but but a bit too much sometimes. Not sure if they will soften.

As I said they are off for refit (they've spent more time going back and forth to poland then they have in my ears!) at the moment so not really familiar with them. Plenty of positive reviews floating around the net. Also if you ask CA nicely they will do them as universals.

May 13, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #3,120 of 6,628

Another thing you can try (and sometimes it's much faster) is to copy the files directly to your microSD card using your laptop or computer's built-in SD Card Slot using a microSD-to-Full Size SD card adapter and/or a separate USB card reader. Most of the 128gb-400gb microSD Cards come with a full size SDXC/SDHC Card adapter.
That's what I ended up doing and it was much faster than transferring through the USB. That will be my process from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back