HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 7, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #2,943 of 6,622
Thx for the reply, but the issue was that Hiby told me it was shipped over a week ago and the tracking details would catch up..... When in reality it had not shipped and has only left today
I guess your unit shipped one week ago... from China on its way to their proxy in Malaysia. From there it will fly to your country.
It took 2 weeks for me from recieving tracking number to delivery in western Europe. The tracking stays inactive the first days before arriving to Malaysia.
Expect to get it in a week or so.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #2,944 of 6,622
That's because it's travelling *to* Fedex at the moment. Fedex does not receive our packages directly in Dongguan.

I think this message exchange is worth quoting here:
As of yesterday all R6 orders have been shipped out but tracking numbers may not appear for some time yet because of the fact of us using a shipping proxy going out of China.Q: i have not received my tracking information
i would appreciate if you can help me with that...
A: yes but I can't give you one until the package has reach the last final leg of the proxy chain
Q: what do you mean by final leg of the proxy chain?
if it was shipped should it be with a tracking atleast?
A: it means there's no meaningful public tracking number until then. It could be a tracking number for a package going from Dongguan to Hong Kong for example, then you'd need another tracking number from Hong Kong to the next place. And actually many of these proxy shipments are not open to the public for tracking. Once, one of these shippers had trouble with each other and me getting their internal tracking code was like pulling teeth...
1f605.png

Q: i understand appreciate your response... any ETA when this information be available?
A: Sometime next week. By then it may just be a few short days before the package itself reaches your hands
1f600.png

Q: got it... thanks again and have a good weekend
do you mind if i post your response in the forum? FYI for those still waiting...
A: No problem! I should say thank you for helping us explain
1f600.png
I guess your unit shipped one week ago... from China on its way to their proxy in Malaysia. From there it will fly to your country.
It took 2 weeks for me from recieving tracking number to delivery in western Europe. The tracking stays inactive the first days before arriving to Malaysia.
Expect to get it in a week or so.

Yes. My delivery was just delayed a week. A little disappointing.

May 7, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,945 of 6,622
Yay I’ve had my shipping notice for my stainless steel model

May 7, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #2,947 of 6,622
Well it's Monday morning. I have opened and am listening to my r6. Feels surreal. So far album art works ok and the sound is ok (started with the audeze isine20), but I definitely need to play with settings. These DACs are a different ballgame from what I'm used to. If you have settings wrong it can sound like trash, nowhere near as forgiving as the cayin n3 I'm used to...

IEmatch seems necessary for a few pairs already. So far, they really make the tfz king pro even more delightful, but I've not found good settings on my isine20 or brainwavz b400 yet. It's definitely going to be a learning curve from settings standpoint (I'm extremely used to Android, so no learning curve on OS at least).

May 7, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2,950 of 6,622
Yes, it is :frowning2: I had heard the Q5 and I don't think the DAC and even AMP are better than R6 :D

With AMP5 Q5 can drive things R6 can't. Q5 + AMP5 is a hair more detailed, but you'd be splitting hairs there, for me, I needed to drive certain stuff, and Q5 was there to do the job :)

TBH, with Audeze LCD-MX4, there are times when I take R6 alone. Same for IE800 and other headphones / IEMs, I don't think R6 is bad, it is also quite pricey, so I'd expect it to be good, but I wanted to showcase its versatility

May 7, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #2,951 of 6,622
Amazing thing today

Found out R6 is very realiable :)

I was on 20% battery and had a 2.5 hours walk in front of me

Had only R6 with me to power LCD-MX4.

I can only say this, I was so thirlled to find out that it died exactly when I was climbing the stairs to my room, it lasted literally for the whole trip priovidng me all the audio fun I could have asked for. Congrats to Hiby :)

May 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #2,952 of 6,622
Amazing thing today

Found out R6 is very realiable :)

I was on 20% battery and had a 2.5 hours walk in front of me

Had only R6 with me to power LCD-MX4.

I can only say this, I was so thirlled to find out that it died exactly when I was climbing the stairs to my room, it lasted literally for the whole trip priovidng me all the audio fun I could have asked for. Congrats to Hiby :)
2.5 hours walk?! Are you a postie? :p

May 7, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #2,953 of 6,622
My R6 has been working flawlessly and sounds great! Only issue I'm having is with the Neutron app. It was outputting FLAC at 192 khz, but then it switched to 44.1 and I haven't been able to get it back to 192. Tried everything but no dice. Been using the Hiby app and it's great, but I really like Neutron also. :frowning2:

May 7, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #2,954 of 6,622
2.5 hours walk?! Are you a postie? :p

Reviewer XD, Photograppher, Writer, Programmer, Muisc Enthusiast and I need to lose some weight and get in shape :)

I just figured I wanted to test some DSLR cameras today. Found out that I prefer D7200 over D5600...

My R6 has been working flawlessly and sounds great! Only issue I'm having is with the Neutron app. It was outputting FLAC at 192 khz, but then it switched to 44.1 and I haven't been able to get it back to 192. Tried everything but no dice. Been using the Hiby app and it's great, but I really like Neutron also. :frowning2:

I only used Hiy app so far, can't say for other apps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back