HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 5, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #2,911 of 6,628
I think that may well be true. But these two devices are 4-pole throughout, so I think they should work. I just got them and will probably be giving at least one of them a try this coming week. See if this link works better for you. I thought some people here might find these useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SPX8H6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The adapter in the link above and any mentioning of 4pole (TRRS) balanced 3.5mm connector refers to HifiMAN 3.5mm TRRS connector wiring. You can't convert your regular single ended 3.5mm TRS plug to a balanced 2.5mm TRRS, and if you use such adapter above with your standard 3.5mm TRS connector - you will damage your DAP. On the other hand, if you do have HiFiMAN headphones with 3.5mm TRRS balanced termination or something like Oppo PM3 which can be used with removable TRRS cable, then you can convert balanced 3.5mm to balanced 2.5mm.

May 5, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #2,912 of 6,628
The adapter in the link above and any mentioning of 4pole (TRRS) balanced 3.5mm connector refers to HifiMAN 3.5mm TRRS connector wiring. You can't convert your regular single ended 3.5mm TRS plug to a balanced 2.5mm TRRS, and if you use such adapter above with your standard 3.5mm TRS connector - you will damage your DAP. On the other hand, if you do have HiFiMAN headphones with 3.5mm TRRS balanced termination or something like Oppo PM3 which can be used with removable TRRS cable, then you can convert balanced 3.5mm to balanced 2.5mm.
Thanks for advise. I guess backer friends better be careful for such convenience.

I have a balanced IEM that comes with default 3.5mm jack. good thing is that the cable is removable. I ended up purchasing a separate balanced 2.5mm cable from them, instead of going out to get a converter in the outside market. I supposed i did the right thing then.

May 5, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #2,913 of 6,628
Noted.

These adapters are not for single-ended sources. I know some people have balanced cables that terminate in a 3.5mm trrs plug. To use such a cable with, say, a Fiio balanced 2.5mm jack, you might need an adapter like this. I believe the R6 also uses this. I agree with others that the Sony 4mm plug is a better solution all round if the industry would adopt it.

May 5, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #2,914 of 6,628
I think that may well be true. But these two devices are 4-pole throughout, so I think they should work. I just got them and will probably be giving at least one of them a try this coming week. See if this link works better for you. I thought some people here might find these useful.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SPX8H6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
appreciate, but erm, better not try. My fren did told me it can fry the DAP or DAP's port. Like twister6 also mentioned, it will damage the DAP.
Unless you have a spare unit/cash, or best, you can afford to wait another 3-months of shipment (reminder), I wouldn't try. LOL

May 5, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #2,915 of 6,628
appreciate, but erm, better not try. My fren did told me it can fry the DAP or DAP's port. Like twister6 also mentioned, it will damage the DAP.
Unless you have a spare unit/cash, or best, you can afford to wait another 3-months of shipment (reminder), I wouldn't try. LOL

and the worst part, manufacturer could void the warranty.

May 5, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #2,917 of 6,628
onelinkmore Headphone Plug Audio Connector Set ( 4 Poles 3.5 mm Male to 2.5mm Female Adapter + 2.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Audio Plug)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017SPX8H6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4yH7AbA94KSKV

Some here might find these helpful. 4-pole adapters. Cheap.
Better stay away from these as many people have encountered wrong wiring which has damaged their gear. Just be careful and research well before you buy.

Oops sorry too late to the party didnt see all the replies. apologies.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #2,919 of 6,628
Thanks. Hmmm I was under the impression that ninja van only do local deliveries. So unless the parcel reached here, ninja van will not provide any tracking on (local) delivery.

Im confused, shouldn't Hiby be providing the tracking on the international part. At least I'm interested if the parcel is leaving the custom kind of information and reaching here. It is just crazy looking at an empty information. Assuming if that provided link is referring to ninja van, then yes it's empty coz it's tracking local delivery and empty coz it's not flight details. Well, that said, assumptions. Quiet from Hiby again until Monday.

Hiby, I suppose your service care is not 24/7 then? Hmm there are a lot of takeaways to learn from this Indiegogo project. I hope you guys are taking notes. The company produces good stuff and has the potential to grow.

Bit harsh considering it's the weekend. Tried posting on the hiby facebook page to see if you get any luck there? Tracking does take a day or two to update anyway, so you may get something on Monday.

Hope you get it soon.

May 6, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #2,920 of 6,628
May 6, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #2,921 of 6,628
A few posts before, I pinpointed the exact same thing: This company charge you whatever they want. Simple as that.
They once sent me a $25 import and handling fees invoice for an item originally cost $20. When I refused to pay this amount they simply retracted it.
Yes, they rely on the fact that most people will not question it, and just pay it :)

May 6, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #2,923 of 6,628
According to FedEx, my shipment hasn’t even started traveling. Only a shipping label has been created

May 6, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #2,924 of 6,628
Thanks. Hmmm I was under the impression that ninja van only do local deliveries. So unless the parcel reached here, ninja van will not provide any tracking on (local) delivery.

Im confused, shouldn't Hiby be providing the tracking on the international part. At least I'm interested if the parcel is leaving the custom kind of information and reaching here. It is just crazy looking at an empty information. Assuming if that provided link is referring to ninja van, then yes it's empty coz it's tracking local delivery and empty coz it's not flight details. Well, that said, assumptions. Quiet from Hiby again until Monday.

Hiby, I suppose your service care is not 24/7 then? Hmm there are a lot of takeaways to learn from this Indiegogo project. I hope you guys are taking notes. The company produces good stuff and has the potential to grow.

Ahh... 24/7 it isn't, but we try to be here for you guys. :sweat_smile: As I was already away from the end of April, I thought it not worth mentioning that China is also having a long Labor Day holiday for this week of 1 May, as I am back attending to issues anyway. But it does mean that the rest of the team are mostly out of the office and tracking down the issue with the missing tracking numbers is taking longer than expected. Sorry about that :bow:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 6, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #2,925 of 6,628
According to FedEx, my shipment hasn’t even started traveling. Only a shipping label has been created

That's because it's travelling *to* Fedex at the moment. Fedex does not receive our packages directly in Dongguan.

I think this message exchange is worth quoting here:
As of yesterday all R6 orders have been shipped out but tracking numbers may not appear for some time yet because of the fact of us using a shipping proxy going out of China.Q: i have not received my tracking information
i would appreciate if you can help me with that...
A: yes but I can't give you one until the package has reach the last final leg of the proxy chain
Q: what do you mean by final leg of the proxy chain?
if it was shipped should it be with a tracking atleast?
A: it means there's no meaningful public tracking number until then. It could be a tracking number for a package going from Dongguan to Hong Kong for example, then you'd need another tracking number from Hong Kong to the next place. And actually many of these proxy shipments are not open to the public for tracking. Once, one of these shippers had trouble with each other and me getting their internal tracking code was like pulling teeth...
1f605.png

Q: i understand appreciate your response... any ETA when this information be available?
A: Sometime next week. By then it may just be a few short days before the package itself reaches your hands
1f600.png

Q: got it... thanks again and have a good weekend
do you mind if i post your response in the forum? FYI for those still waiting...
A: No problem! I should say thank you for helping us explain
1f600.png

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back