HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 22, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #2,236 of 6,628
Hi guys,

Could you tell if the the low-mid range one driver IEMs like FiiO F5 and Dunu Titan 3 match the R6 well?
F5 has impedance 32Ohm and Titan 3 only 16Ohm.
I appreciate any feedback which of these two sound better ?

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,237 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs

Just wondering; will your DTA architecture ever make it to the USB output of the R6? Ie. through a firmware update?

If not, why not? DTA USB out would make the R6 most compatible with the widest range of DACs?

BTW, I’ve got my USB-C to micro-USB cable, 400gb micro SD card AND, 3.5mm coaxial digital cable all prepared and ready for the arrival of the R6 (#1075)!

Cant wait to hear bit perfect Tidal Offline through the Hugo 2!

Mar 22, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #2,238 of 6,628
Hi Toucan79, I haven't received the R6 Stainless monster yet, still waiting.
But when it arrives I will give you an update about the differences/ similarities, between the two !!
Any updates? I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the DX200 (Amp1 only at this time). The curiosity was killing me. A significant upgrade from the X5iii in all ways. Still interested in how the R6 compares to the DX200 of course.

Mar 23, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #2,240 of 6,628
Hi all, had my HIBY R6 for about 2 months now. Was playing some music with my Noble Kaiser encore customs the other day and suddenly the volume jumped from 45 all the way to 100, is this a bug or mechanical fault ? With the volume at 100, is it possible to blow the drivers on the Kaiser encore? When i start playing music sometimes i get a thud sound too, is this normal ?

Mar 23, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,241 of 6,628
Hi all, had my HIBY R6 for about 2 months now. Was playing some music with my Noble Kaiser encore customs the other day and suddenly the volume jumped from 45 all the way to 100, is this a bug or mechanical fault ? With the volume at 100, is it possible to blow the drivers on the Kaiser encore? When i start playing music sometimes i get a thud sound too, is this normal ?
Ouch. This happened to me way back with my DX50 and I sold it the next day. I gather that was a FW bug. It’s not a pleasant occurrence. I leave it for more knowledgeable users to talk possible damage apart from your ears.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #2,242 of 6,628

OUCH, is right! That is not cool! Sure, it could potentially damage your Kaiser Encores, especially if your R6 is set to high gain.

It could be either a hardware fault or firmware bug (most likely) but I remember Joe saying earlier here that they were tossing aside quite a few "dud" units as they went through QC before being shipped out.

It may be that the actual physical "up" volume button is failing (intermittently at this point), but I would still first suspect a firmware/software bug. But the "Thud" you experience seems like it might be the power to the Amplifier circuit momentarily disconnecting, then reconnecting and causing the thud...perhaps a bad or "cold" solder joint on the circuit board somewhere between the DAC output and amplifier input stage...hard to say without hearing it myself. But the "Thud" has more potential to damage your cIEMs moreso than the volume level jump. :/

I would contact Joseph Yeung (Joe Bloggs) @ Hiby and see what he has to say.

I would use or buy a cheap set of earbuds in the meantime, wipe the device and reinstall the latest firmware. Joe provided a link to download it here or in the comments of one of the YouTube video reviews. If it is still acting up after the wipe & FW reinstall, I would send it back to Hiby ASAP.

Good luck!

P.S. If you have shared your impressions on the SQ of the Kaiser Encores paired with the R6, please post or PM me a Link! I have an R6 on its way to me and am on the hunt for an excellent ToTL pair of cIEMs to pair with it that are neutral/accurate with articulate but not too exaggerated bass response. I am a musician and want to use them as my personal monitors when recording my sessions in my home studio setup. TIA!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #2,243 of 6,628
Hi everyone,
Stupid question of the day. Been using Tidal and downloaded some music. Issue is it went to internal memory. When I got to the Tidal settings my SD card is not an option to store music in. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any assistance you guys can share!

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #2,244 of 6,628
Hi guys, I received the device yesterday.

Use a app ampere.and aida64 to detect the hardware. It showed that my R6 only have 2000 mah battery. Anyone like me? Because of the promotion said it is 4000mah. Can you guys share yours spec?
Thanks a lot.

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #2,245 of 6,628
Hi everyone,
Stupid question of the day. Been using Tidal and downloaded some music. Issue is it went to internal memory. When I got to the Tidal settings my SD card is not an option to store music in. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any assistance you guys can share!

That´s an important aspect for me. I´m thinking about selling my Pioneer XDP-300R and buying the R6, but if this DAP does not support the Tidal offline storage into the memory card I won´t be interested anymore.

Could someone please confirm this option?

Mar 24, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #2,246 of 6,628
That´s an important aspect for me. I´m thinking about selling my Pioneer XDP-300R and buying the R6, but if this DAP does not support the Tidal offline storage into the memory card I won´t be interested anymore.

Whether tidal supports it or not, you can always format your SD card to be treated by Android as internal memory. The only caveat here is that you should make sure you are using high quality fast memory cards or there is the potential for the app to be a bit slow. The SanDisk A1 cards are basically designed for this and are fantastic in my experience, if a bit more expensive than some of their competition.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #2,247 of 6,628

I'm using a Samsung Evo UHS-3 card formatted as internal. No problems here.

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #2,248 of 6,628
I'm using a Samsung Evo UHS-3 card formatted as internal. No problems here.
I didn´t know that was a possibility. I don´t have this option with my Pioneer XDP-300R, but i don´t need it since I can select the memory card as the storage destination of Tidal and Spotify offline music. Thanks for the information.

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,249 of 6,628
I didn´t know that was a possibility. I don´t have this option with my Pioneer XDP-300R, but i don´t need it since I can select the memory card as the storage destination of Tidal and Spotify offline music. Thanks for the information.
It's a new feature introduced (in most devices with) android 6. In older devices (with android 5.1 or older) you had to root the device and use specially formatted sd cards (in FAT32 + ext4) to trick the device and switch internal and external memory. Here it's better, all memory is seen as one big internal one. The only drawback is that you have to leave the card in the device (as apps could be installed on the sd card, not just media files). You have to format the card especially for this use case too.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #2,250 of 6,628
Well got my 64 Audio U8's (for me there an upgrade right now) with Plussound Echo Series (balanced) and WOW!!!!!! What a combo, sounds so friggin awesome! Got some Atlas Zeno cables on the way to. Getting rid of my AKG K7XX. Because of there sensitivity I have to run them amped and even though my FIIO A5 is still around it's not what I was looking for. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back