HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 21, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #2,221 of 6,628
To demonstrate why I’m not a reviewer (among other reasons), I thought I’d write single word reviews of 2 IEMs paired with the R6. For those with exceptionally short attention spans and who agree with me that Steely Dan’s Aja still kicks @ss.

Simgot EN700 Pro - exciting.
Beyerdynamic Xelento - romantic.

Eat your hearts out @Hawaiibadboy @twister6 @Dobrescu George et al!
Heck if were the Oscars you'd win the Jet Ski and Lake Havasa package :D

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,222 of 6,628
Dear ycbl74,

Reading your description of the situation I was ready to declare RO595362519CN a lost cause and have the team send out another player your way... but I checked the tracking status on https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RO595362519CN and got the following result, although in Chinese:
Origin : China - Tracking consuming: 211 ms
2018-03-14 14:54

已交航空公司运输
This means it finally boarded a flight to Russia on the 14th this month. Hopefully things will speed up from there :)

When we subscribed to this shipping service we were told it would reach your hands in 7 to at most 20 days :frowning2:

Best regards,
Joe

Usually, it's From Russia with Love. Here, it's the other way :D

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,223 of 6,628
Mar 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #2,224 of 6,628
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #2,225 of 6,628
For info, I have also recieved the Fedex tracking number recently, on monday (SS ordered january 1th, # 449). Supposed to be delivered tomorrow in Belgium (but the tracking is stucked at 'label created' and the device doesn't seem to be in Fedex hands yet).
However, my FIBAE 3 are on the Fedex delivery vehicle this morning... :smile_phones: (they were already there yesterday, but the &!$*# £?* driver screw** up)

edit : the polish beauties are with me, waiting for the R6

Wow, Fedex mail bride service is fast!!!

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #2,226 of 6,628
Dear ycbl74,

Reading your description of the situation I was ready to declare RO595362519CN a lost cause and have the team send out another player your way... but I checked the tracking status on https://t.17track.net/en#nums=RO595362519CN and got the following result, although in Chinese:
Origin : China - Tracking consuming: 211 ms
2018-03-14 14:54

已交航空公司运输
This means it finally boarded a flight to Russia on the 14th this month. Hopefully things will speed up from there :)

When we subscribed to this shipping service we were told it would reach your hands in 7 to at most 20 days :frowning2:

Best regards,
Joe

Джо, 20 дней - это нормально, но не 40 дней, плюс неизвестное количество дней! (10-15 дней в моей стране)
Очень обидно и неприятно!
в каком состоянии я получу. ИГРОК? Неизвестный!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,227 of 6,628
[QUOTE = "Joe Bloggs, сообщение: 14116167, участник: 715"] Посетите нас в CanJam Singapore! :)Океан 11 на уровне 2
[ATTACH = полный] 2468036 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

Joe, 20 days is normal, but not 40 days, plus an unknown number of days! (10-15 days in my country)
Very insulting and unpleasant!
in what state I will receive. player? Unknown!

I wouldn't read too much into this, most smartphones spend up to 8 months in supply depots without their batteries reaching an absolute zero and without degrading significantly, so it might be okay after all :)

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #2,228 of 6,628
[QUOTE = "ycbl74, post: 14119160, member: 465864"] Joe, 20 days is normal, but not 40 days, plus an unknown number of days! (10-15 days in my country)
Very insulting and unpleasant!
in what state I will receive. PLAYER? Unknown! [/ QUOTE]

I understand your frustration, ycbl74. I do, I'm currently waiting for my own R6 and I just received shipping notification. Please also understand that, once our items are in the hands of a courier, it's out of @Joe Bloggs' and Hiby's control. No courier is 100% perfect and things get lost, accidents happens and mistakes get made by all people. If there hadn't been activity on the tracking, then I would look to Joe and Hiby for an answer, but it seems as if the delay was on the courier. And yes, I will be upset, too, if my order goes through the same length of delay.

I hope that you will receive your R6 soon and be very pleased that you purchased the player!

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #2,229 of 6,628
RE: Hiby R6 Production Schedule....
It is as the update on IGG said. If you haven't got it yet and backed during the initial IGG phase, you will get it. If you haven't got it and backed during the InDemand phase, it's probably not your turn yet. This factory's workers probably celebrated CNY a little too hard and killed most of their brain cells with Mao Tai, we've been rejecting dud units in QC like mad. Thankfully the volume orders of the R3 has allowed us to move up to an upscale factory that will produce more and better R6's along with a rain of R3's :p

Thanks for the update, Joe!

I'm backer #1170 for the SS version R6, so I am trying my best to be patient because I know that I'll be waiting quite a while...but I can't wait to get it! I'm eager to compare it to the DX200.

One other question...

I also have a pair of the new over-the-ear Ora Graphene Q headphones on their way to me which have wired and Wireless Bluetooth Apt-X HD capability.

Is it possible to add Apt-X HD to the R6 at a later date with a firmware update, or would that require a completely different internal hardware BT chipset and additional licensing??? From what I've researched, Apt-X HD requires the use of the Qualcomm CSR 8675 chipset.

Thanks for being so active in the thread, Joe Bloggs.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #2,230 of 6,628

I'm backer #1170 for the SS version R6, so I am trying my best to be patient...can't wait to get it! I'm eager to compare it to the DX200. Thanks for the update, Joe!

One other question...

I also have a pair of the new over-the-ear Ora Graphene Q headphones on their way to me which have wired and Wireless Bluetooth Apt-X HD capability.

Is it possible to add Apt-X HD to the R6 at a later date with a firmware update, or would that require a completely different internal hardware BT chipset and additional licensing???

Well, I for one am very interested in Ora Graphene Q impressions, so I'll be looking forward for you to share them at some point! :)

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #2,231 of 6,628

Thanks for the update, Joe!

I'm backer #1170 for the SS version R6, so I am trying my best to be patient because I know that I'll be waiting quite a while...but I can't wait to get it! I'm eager to compare it to the DX200.

One other question...

Is it possible to add Apt-X HD to the R6 at a later date with a firmware update, or would that require a completely different internal hardware BT chipset and additional licensing??? From what I've researched, Apt-X HD requires the use of the Qualcomm CSR 8675 chipset.

Well, I for one am very interested in Ora Graphene Q impressions, so I'll be looking forward for you to share them at some point! :)

Well, unfortunately the Ora Graphene Q headphones aren't scheduled to arrive until August now, so I hope you're patient. :p

I do plan to test them with the DX90, DX200, OPPO HA-1, R6, and maybe a new Audio-gd DAC/Preamp/HP Amp, so I will try to come back here then and post my impressions. :wink:

However, my only current "ToTL" over-ear HP are the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 1 (using Sonarworks sound calibration correction) so I don't have any of the more popular ToTL HPs or cIEMs to compare them to. :frowning2:

I will definitely be on the quest for a new ToTL set of cIEMs to pair with the R6, but there are so many to choose from that it's a daunting task and quite mind boggling, ha! I'm a percussionist/drummer & saxophonist, and have a home studio recording setup, so I'm looking for truly accurate, neutral cIEMs that can reproduce these sources with absolute realism, with very clean, tight, but not exaggerated bass. Any suggestions via PM would be welcome. :wink:

P.S. I lived in Puerto Rico in the 90's for about 6 months each on two different occasions shooting photos for Surfing Magazine and living the good life. :) First I was in Caguas (a friend had a house there) and then moved to Rincón (when it was still very rural/before all of the big resorts moved in). I haven't been back in ages and hear that it's changed quite a bit.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #2,232 of 6,628
Well, unfortunately the Ora Graphene Q headphones aren't scheduled to arrive now until August, so I hope you're patient. :p

I do plan to test them with the DX90, DX200, OPPO HA-1, R6, and maybe a new Audio-gd DAC/Preamp/HP Amp, so I will try to come back here then and post my impressions. :wink:

However, my only current "ToTL" over-ear HP are the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 1 (using Sonarworks sound calibration correction) so I don't have any of the more popular ToTL HPs or cIEMs to compare them to. :frowning2:

I will definitely be on the quest for a new ToTL set of cIEMs to pair with the R6, but there are so many to choose from that it's a daunting task and quite mind boggling, ha! I'm a percussionist/drummer & saxophonist, and have a home studio recording setup, so I'm looking for truly accurate, neutral cIEMs that can reproduce these sources with absolute realism, with very clean, tight, but not exaggerated bass. Any suggestions via PM would be welcome. :wink:

P.S. I lived in Puerto Rico in the 90's for about 6 months each on two different occasions shooting photos for Surfing Magazine and living the good life. :) First I was in Caguas (a friend had a house there) and then moved to Rincón (when it was still very rural/before all of the big resorts moved in). I haven't been back in ages and hear that it's changed quite a bit.
No way dude! I'm from PR. Lived in Caguas a long time. Rincon that must have been great!

Mar 21, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2,233 of 6,628
Well, I have plans to still be around well past August, so I can wait for the impressions :wink:

I don't really own any high-end listening gear, but am planning to get into the Noble K10 drop at Massdrop so I'll end up pairing that with my R6 when I finally get it (order #917).

And wow, there's a huge difference between Caguas and Rincón! Unfortunately, Hurricane María did a very bad number on Rincón and it just ain't the same anymore, but we're doing our best to recover.

Mar 21, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #2,234 of 6,628
Since we’re all talking about Puerto Rico, I’m not from there, but I have friends from there and do business there. Fell in love with the island and people when I visited last year prior to the hurricane. Great people and food. Can’t wait to return in December, but what a great place and I admire the spirit of its people and how they’re dealing with the situation there.

Mar 21, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #2,235 of 6,628
Well, I have plans to still be around well past August, so I can wait for the impressions :wink:

Copy that, haha. PM or Email me if I forget. :wink:

I don't really own any high-end listening gear, but am planning to get into the Noble K10 drop at Massdrop so I'll end up pairing that with my R6 when I finally get it (order #917).

Ahhhhh...Thanks for the heads-up on the Noble K10 drop @ Massdrop...I didn't know!!! I've been trying to stay away from that site recently as my bank account seems to become quite depleted every time I visit, haha. But for the Noble K10 drop it might be worth it. :wink: I would think they would pair quite nicely with the Hiby R6!

And wow, there's a huge difference between Caguas and Rincón! Unfortunately, Hurricane María did a very bad number on Rincón and it just ain't the same anymore, but we're doing our best to recover.

Yeah, there was a big difference between the two way back when I was there as well (not just in terms of geographical location), and I'm sure that it's even greater now. And I was deeply saddened to see the devastation that María caused. I can't imagine seeing Rincón now with most of its beauty stripped away. :frowning2: ...heartbreaking for the island and the people. Hang in there!

Since we’re all talking about Puerto Rico, I’m not from there, but I have friends from there and do business there. Fell in love with the island and people when I visited last year prior to the hurricane. Great people and food. Can’t wait to return in December, but what a great place and I admire the spirit of its people and how they’re dealing with the situation there.

Agreed about how fantastic the island is AND the spirit of its people! I enjoyed the food as well. And no personal offense to any NY or Jersey residents here on Head-Fi, but PR is basically "the East Coast's Hawaii" and it was shameful to see how a lot of the cheap-@ss, rude and obnoxious NY/Jersey tourists treated the locals. :frowning2:

Well, I think that it's probably a REALLY good idea to get back On Topic now, haha! :wink:

Can't wait to receive my R6 and put it through its paces!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back