HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #1,684 of 6,622
if you initially formatted the card on the R6 as internal storage, it won't prompt you with any notification. You will just see an extended total capacity of your R6 (R6 storage + mSD's capacity). You have to format it as an external storage in order to see it as removable mSD. I don't have an R6 but this is how all Android devices work.
Small correction : this is how (most) android 6+ devices work. It was not possible to get extended (internal) storage (by formatting your external microsd card that way) with android 5.1 and earlier. At least without rooting and hacking the device (to get similar results with other methods).

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #1,688 of 6,622
Hmm should I be worried #382 SS over here and haven’t heard anything, also would like to ask who sends the shipping info, indiegogo or hiby?
No worries no stress .... The tracking came by SMS. And I can only see from Texas US.
So it depends on which sorting centre tracking comes available.

At the end it still estimated delivery in March...

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #1,689 of 6,622
I received my R6 with aluminum black last week and the sound is great!
But it seems that the power button is very loose and sometimes not work when I pressed it, is this the design of R6 or a flaw of my device? Does anyone has same situation as me?

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,690 of 6,622
Try to keep the power button pressed for 30 seconds. Then try one more time to restart (press the button for 5 seconds).
If it doesn't work try to charge up the device and retry.
This worked - the unit is now running again.

Before I take up @Joe Bloggs kind offer of a return, can someone run through the exact steps they are using to format mSD cards to FAT32 - i.e. the cluster size being selected and whether quick formatting or not (as well as any other considerations on Win 10)? Also, presume the mSD card can only be inserted one way (as per most android devices), which is with the contacts down in the R6's case?

I just want to rule out every last possibility before I give up and opt for the replacement...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #1,691 of 6,622
You have just learned the android resurrection dance :)
For the microSD card, I'd try this :

If you have a SDHC microSD, size of 32GB (or less), try with that one.
But you should also be able to use a SDXC microSD card if you don't have the SDHC one.
First format the card with this tool : https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
This will format the card following SDHC or SDXC standard.
Then put the card in the R6, eventually formatting it from within the device if you have access to it.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,692 of 6,622
This worked - the unit is now running again.

Before I take up @Joe Bloggs kind offer of a return, can someone run through the exact steps they are using to format mSD cards to FAT32 - i.e. the cluster size being selected and whether quick formatting or not (as well as any other considerations on Win 10)? Also, presume the mSD card can only be inserted one way (as per most android devices), which is with the contacts down in the R6's case?

I just want to rule out every last possibility before I give up and opt for the replacement...

Cheers.
Hi Rob,
I don't have the R6 with me, but I think with the receptacle of the card tray facing up, you put the card contact side down into the tray, but then the whole tray goes card side down into the player (assuming player's display faces upwards). So in the end the card's contacts should face toward you when you're looking at the player's screen. Well in any case I don't think it's possible to fit the card / tray combo into the player a "wrong" way without breaking something so... :thinking:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 21, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #1,694 of 6,622
I received my R6 with aluminum black last week and the sound is great!
But it seems that the power button is very loose and sometimes not work when I pressed it, is this the design of R6 or a flaw of my device? Does anyone has same situation as me?
Albeit that I have SS, I just double checked all the buttons and can’t feel any looseness. The tolerances and fit on mine seems very well done. I think unfortunately the fault sounds specific to your unit. Send a PM to joe.

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,695 of 6,622
Wow the train is in fast mode.

Shipping notification SS #755 received !
Weird, I am #704 and no shipping notice. I’d think they would have gone out in order, but... I’m patiently waiting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back