HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 17, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,561 of 6,628
@Joe Bloggs I'm having an annoying issue with your music app on the R6, it doesn't seem to affect Spotify (which is the only other music app I use, haha).
Essentially I sometimes use the Mojo to increase the volume further than the R6 can allow with certain headphones or if I want to listen to music with my partner on public transport it is handy having two headphone ports.
However some times I have an issue where if I stop using the Mojo and just want to go back to using the devices standard output it just wont play. As in, I hit the play button and nothing happens. I try reconnecting the Mojo to see if that helps... Nope.
Is there a particular order to follow with disconnecting a USB device with the R6, or is it just playing up? I connect the Mojo via a Shanling L2 cable which I acquired specifically for this purpose.

I love how everyone has a different use case. The R6 is what I’ve been waiting for - full Android, fast and enabling me to ditch the stack and sell the Mojo along with every DAP accumulated to date...of which there are too many. Worthy as the Mojo is.

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,562 of 6,628
Mine in black got delivered to the UK on a Tuesday.

Started looking at it Wednesday and downloaded latest software, signed into google and got soundcloud working which I normally use on iPad or desktop.

Coming from a IPod classic and this being my first DAP I have 2 questions.

1. Connected it to PC last night. Only have a 32gb card at moment so formatted that no problem. PC only sees R6 as a device. Copy and paste from my C drive audio files to R6 did not work. Do I need any specific application to transfer files across.

2. I have Icarus III iem and would I be able to go balanced via this item https://penonaudio.com/3.5mm2.5mm-balanced-male-to-2.5mm-balanced-male-adapter.html or is there anything better I could get elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Matt

If your IEM's are not balanced, you cannot add an adaptor to make them balanced I'm afraid.

My SS R6 is is on it's way and I'm intending to use it with my Fidue A91 Sirius IEM's - there are balanced out of the box...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #1,564 of 6,628
I love how everyone has a different use case. The R6 is what I’ve been waiting for - full Android, fast and enabling me to ditch the stack and sell the Mojo along with every DAP accumulated to date...of which there are too many. Worthy as the Mojo is.

That's the plan for me too. I have a Mojo that won't really be any use to me once I get the R6. Although, if it doesn't sell, it'll be the DAC for the office setup. The chord mojo is pretty awesome.

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,565 of 6,628
I received the R6 a couple days ago, and received my shipping notice yesterday. :rolling_eyes:

I read earlier in this thread that the Line Out bypasses the amp circuit. However, when I run through the LO jack to an external amp, the volume can still be controlled by the R6's volume buttons. Does this indicate that the amp circuit is not being bypassed and I'm double amping?

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #1,566 of 6,628
That's the plan for me too. I have a Mojo that won't really be any use to me once I get the R6. Although, if it doesn't sell, it'll be the DAC for the office setup. The chord mojo is pretty awesome.
Mojo's sell super quick when put up for sale on this site

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #1,568 of 6,628
Just published my review of the R6 on Head-fi here. It goes without saying that this is a highly impressive DAP, blazing fast UI, great screen and just excellent hardware all-around. I hope my review helps some readers out and brings some new ideas to the table. Please enjoy!

1BADAv5.jpg

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #1,569 of 6,628
Just published my review of the R6 on Head-fi here. It goes without saying that this is a highly impressive DAP, blazing fast UI, great screen and just excellent hardware all-around. I hope my review helps some readers out and brings some new ideas to the table. Please enjoy!

1BADAv5.jpg
Thanks for the great review Ryan. How would you rate its performance to play mp3s and Flacs from either a NAS or a Media Server?

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #1,570 of 6,628
Thanks I will look into these.

Cheers for the feedback guys. Do you think Andromeda would be affected on these? I managed to loan them back last year and remember thinking they were a brilliant sounding IEM from my mojo

They sound brighter out of the R6 than out of those "0 ohm" sources.

I received the R6 a couple days ago, and received my shipping notice yesterday. :rolling_eyes:

I read earlier in this thread that the Line Out bypasses the amp circuit. However, when I run through the LO jack to an external amp, the volume can still be controlled by the R6's volume buttons. Does this indicate that the amp circuit is not being bypassed and I'm double amping?

No, it means the volume control of the DAC section itself is being utilized. The amp section actually has fixed low and high gains (you know, like those honking big monoblock speaker amps... :ksc75smile:)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #1,572 of 6,628
Quick question for anyone who imports playlists into the R6; are they treated as being separate, or are they all combined into one big list when playing them? In other words, if you set it to play a random track, is it going to jump from a song in your meditation playlist, to one in your workout playlist? Or will it stay within one playlist?

Feb 18, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #1,573 of 6,628
Thanks for the great review Ryan. How would you rate its performance to play mp3s and Flacs from either a NAS or a Media Server?

Works a treat, baked into the native Hiby Music app. Dual band WiFi is great for larger files even though it doesn't support AC to my knowledge. WiFi range is pretty solid.

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,574 of 6,628
Hi,

is anyone having issues with draining battery? even in idle screen off/no app running the battery drops 1% every 15 mins .. is this normal?

No... And blue power light would be staying lit right? The r6 is not hibernating.

One culprit is the mediaserver android process running into a file it doesn't understand, it would get stuck in a loop in the background. There is a way around it but first check and show your battery consumption by process from system settings to see if this is the problem.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back