HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 16, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #1,531 of 6,628
Found an interesting bug with the R6 regarding audible, kindle and stitcher apps. They do not play for more than a second or so before stopping. In the case of all of them from streamed and downloaded files. I know it's not music but I was hoping to do all my listening on the R6 and these do not currently work. @Joe Bloggs any advice?

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #1,533 of 6,628
Yes, black one. Forgot to mention, sorry.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #1,535 of 6,628
I didn't get stung for any import taxes when I received mine - there's something on the address label saying "payable by sender" - I'm not sure if that was the import tax, but I certainly didn't pay anything.

Of course, I might get an invoice from Fedex in a few days with a nasty little surprise, but then I assumed I would have to pay tax.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #1,536 of 6,628
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,537 of 6,628
Found an interesting bug with the R6 regarding audible, kindle and stitcher apps. They do not play for more than a second or so before stopping. In the case of all of them from streamed and downloaded files. I know it's not music but I was hoping to do all my listening on the R6 and these do not currently work. @Joe Bloggs any advice?

It's hardcore Chinese New Year holidays now and I'm (we're all) (trying not to) get blind drunk on Mao Tai and (watching people) blow up dung mountains with firecrackers, among other stereotypical (fictional?) Chinese festivities in this period of national standstill. :sweat_smile: I'll pose these questions when the technicians have time to look at them :sweat_smile: We return to work on the 23rd. :thumbsup:

:beerchug: Joe

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,539 of 6,628
It's hardcore Chinese New Year holidays now and I'm (we're all) (trying not to) get blind drunk on Mao Tai and (watching people) blow up dung mountains with firecrackers, among other stereotypical (fictional?) Chinese festivities in this period of national standstill. :sweat_smile: I'll pose these questions when the technicians have time to look at them :sweat_smile: We return to work on the 23rd. :thumbsup:

:beerchug: Joe
Stay away from the 白酒, joe! 新年快乐!

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #1,540 of 6,628
I'm kind of shuddering looking at that "Hi-Res Audio" sticker there. I guess it's easy enough to remove though.

I'm kind of regretting selling my R6 before I even opened it (I bought my M20 when March seemed forever away). I think I've done the right thing though (at least for myself). Hopefully the DTA architecture will be seen by other manufacturers who will pick up the idea and carry it forwards. I'd really like to see the end of the days of Android based players implicitly forcing users to use their bespoke apps to get the best sound quality. Although the HiBy player app is undoubtedly good, I admire them allowing users the freedom to choose their own favourites without sacrificing sound quality. Doing this with an open and recent version of Android is an outstanding achievement.
Could you elaborate? I'm using Shuttle+ for years now and want to continue using it. It won't offer similar sound quality as the Hiby app?

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #1,541 of 6,628
Could you elaborate? I'm using Shuttle+ for years now and want to continue using it. It won't offer similar sound quality as the Hiby app?
It should, that's the point of the DTA technology. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #1,542 of 6,628
Received my R6 yesterday after it has been in Malaysia, China, Japan, France and finally to Germany (according tracking information). Gave it a short try in the evening with my FLC-8s (11 ohms) and did not noticed any hiss, distortion or changes in sound quality. Took the SD card from my QP1R and it has been accepted without any problems (reading and playing the files). Actually, I try to get used of the hiby app. Waiting for the balanced cable to understand whether there will be any differences to the single ended headphone output.

Hi paolo, wie hat das mit dem zoll geklappt?

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #1,543 of 6,628

For my M20, the only audio apps that direct sound to the on-board DAC is the official players. Anything else will point audio at the Android sound stack, downsampling along the way. Other Android based players do the same thing.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,544 of 6,628
Hi paolo, wie hat das mit dem zoll geklappt?

Warte noch auf die Rechnung von fedex, die haben alles gemacht. Vom Warenwert dürfte nichts bis wenig anfallen.

Feb 16, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #1,545 of 6,628
I didn't get stung for any import taxes when I received mine - there's something on the address label saying "payable by sender" - I'm not sure if that was the import tax, but I certainly didn't pay anything.

Of course, I might get an invoice from Fedex in a few days with a nasty little surprise, but then I assumed I would have to pay tax.

Mine also came without any taxes payable, and I'm fairly sure that if Customs need a payment then they don't release the goods until they are paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back