HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #1,502 of 6,622
I'm on windows 10, it's recognized by windows but it needs a driver to work wich I don't have.
So the r6 doesn't appear in the windows audio settings nor foobar audio output.

And I can't find the driver on Hiby website.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEga100RKUcQ4TyCPJrQ Is the windows USB audio driver and readme file I've been able to muster up for it so far, it's still a bit rough around the edges.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,504 of 6,622
Working perfectly, Thank you.

Feedback : The input lag is a little bit high, ( voice not synced with lips in movies etc)

There's latency options in the control panel app but the best bet for movies would be to simply use an app that allows adjusting audio sync timing (e.g. PotPlayer, VLC)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,505 of 6,622
As milesjunkie pointed out, $40 iematch will easily solve this problem. And they (ifi) soon will have 2.5mm version too.
What about the $20 EarBuddy? Would that little gadget solve the problem? I already own one...

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,506 of 6,622
What about the $20 EarBuddy? Would that little gadget solve the problem? I already own one...

It should. I don't have EarBuddy, only iEMatch, but they operate on the same principle. Just that EarBuddy is a simplified model.

Btw, there is no need to panic, only some multi-BA iems are affected by high output impedance of the source which can be "fixed" with iFi dongle.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,508 of 6,622
Ok, so today my R6 told me that my sd card was corrupted. This is the same 200 gig card that I placed in it 2 days ago and it scanned the music that was already on it no problems. I formatted the card and connected it to my MAC but it won't mount, nothing shows up on my desktop.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #1,509 of 6,622
Ok, so today my R6 told me that my sd card was corrupted. This is the same 200 gig card that I placed in it 2 days ago and it scanned the music that was already on it no problems. I formatted the card and connected it to my MAC but it won't mount, nothing shows up on my desktop.

Did you format via the R6 or format using your MAC? Also, things get funky depending on the filesystem you formatted it to. Hopefully that's all it is and not a problem with your R6 or MAC

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,511 of 6,622
Did you format via the R6 or format using your MAC? Also, things get funky depending on the filesystem you formatted it to. Hopefully that's all it is and not a problem with your R6 or MAC

I originally didn't format but just took the 200 gig card out of my Sony ZX2 which already had music on it. It scanned on the R6 no problem. Today it said the sd card was corrupted so I went ahead and formatted the sd card on the R6. Now I have to put all my music back on the card and that's when I ran into problem where R6 won't mount on mac.

Feb 15, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,512 of 6,622
Just an idea.... Try to see if it the microsd card is visible with a "partition manager", like "AOMEI" ? If Can see it, May need to 1) erase partitions, then 2) re-create partition in fat32, and then 3) rebuild MBR.

No Idea about why R6 might cause a card problem.

The card wasn't formatted for R6. The R6 won't mount on a mac like Fiio X& gen 2 does, where it mounts as usb drive. When you click on use card for file transfer it should mount, but it doesn't. don't want to format sd card for mac.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #1,513 of 6,622
I originally didn't format but just took the 200 gig card out of my Sony ZX2 which already had music on it. It scanned on the R6 no problem. Today it said the sd card was corrupted so I went ahead and formatted the sd card on the R6. Now I have to put all my music back on the card and that's when I ran into problem where R6 won't mount on mac.

Have you transferred to the R6 on your MAC before this happened? A few pages back, someone had this problem and I suggested to download Android File Transfer on your MAC. MAC and android don't get along and this program allows for file transfer.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #1,514 of 6,622
The card wasn't formatted for R6. The R6 won't mount on a mac like Fiio X& gen 2 does, where it mounts as usb drive. When you click on use card for file transfer it should mount, but it doesn't. don't want to format sd card for mac.
Yes, Now see that you're talking about the R6 not "mounting"' and not the microsd card itself...

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #1,515 of 6,622
Restart the R6. Worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back