HF-1 update
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #526 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
I did play yesterday in t shirt, not kidding.

Are you in the UK?

I'm in the UK (admittedly not London, but Derby aint that far north) and it's been very cold the past week if not longer. Just over a week ago we had frost every night and snow at times during the day. Now we don't get it that cold but throw in the wind chill factor and everyone I know is feeling very cold within about 30 seconds of walking outside.

I think that classes as cold.

And I've not seen anyone walking round without a thick coat on to keep them warm.

As for the HF-1... well I think I should be able to free up some time Wednesday evening - hope I can get in (though I'm sure that my wallet hopes I fail! lol)

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #527 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Shall we wait until wednsday online, so I can get my post count to 1,000?
biggrin.gif

LOL VIC I may get to 500 by Wednesday

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #529 of 583
ah, so let's postpone so we can do this all over again on wednesday perhaps?

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #532 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerman
Sorry to go all mushy here, but I'm curious about the motivations of the people hanging on, hoping against hope to get a particular piece of electronics.

I'm still here for mainly aesthetic reasons.

The thought of having a headphone made of wood--and because of the small run largely handmade--is tremendously appealing. I listen mostly to instruments made of wood (by hand) and it just seems somehow RIGHT to listen with something that has some comparable beauty and depth to it.

FAR BE IT for me to criticize the looks of the Grado SR line, but the almost Puritan disdain for flash of the Grado SRs, along with the cool emotional relationship we tend to have with plastic (or even fancy, just-so aluminum, for you 325 folks out there) somehow fails to reflect the intense, personal relationship I have with my music and music listening.

So the thought of having "special" headphones, even if they are only incrementally "better" or more satisfying than what I currently have, is quite appealing.

So I'm not looking just for better bass (I am) or for less strident highs (I am)--I'm looking for some level of personal affection for what I use to listen to music when I'm alone.

You?

As a member of Head-Fi for a while now, these seem to be a very good keepsake of the site and badge of headphone honor. In addition, they're a portable can that bests the SR225 (the MS2 hasn't been all that portable) and looks unassuming when worn.

I also really want to put them to the test against my MS2...

But! I may just throw in my hat and get an HDTV instead. Lord knows I've got enough headphones.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #535 of 583
I guess we could just all sit tight here for the next 48 hours carrying on this single thread.... wonder if it'd make it into one of the longest threads here on Head-Fi

Might even rank up their with the 4 threads about showing off your portable gear!! lol

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #537 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
hm, so do we order HF-1s at the same time on Wednesday, 12 PM MST, or can we order as soon as the site gets back up?

same rules apply for wednesday... 12pm ST first come first serve

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #539 of 583
Man, I've never had this much problem getting a company to take my money.

Honestly, I'd love to have the HF-1. But I am not going to try this again, wasted enough time today. Todd, thanks for the efforts, and if Grado ever reconsiders another run of HF-1 I'd be interested. At least until the K701 urge overwhelms me.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #540 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory
I guess we could just all sit tight here for the next 48 hours carrying on this single thread.... wonder if it'd make it into one of the longest threads here on Head-Fi

Might even rank up their with the 4 threads about showing off your portable gear!! lol

well we are about 28 pages deep now....it just may
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back