HF-1 update
Mar 20, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #511 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
HI All,

I have to postpone the sale until Wednesday. They telll me it could be 24-48 hours until my site is alive again. So I am dead in the water... Please accept my apologies for wasting your time and the inconvenience of this. Alll the same rules and starting time apply to Wednesdays sale.
I am deeply sorry,

Todd

There we have it. See you all then... same bat time, same bat channel.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #512 of 583
Quote:

HI All,

I have to postpone the sale until Wednesday. They telll me it could be 24-48 hours until my site is alive again. So I am dead in the water... Please accept my apologies for wasting your time and the inconvenience of this. Alll the same rules and starting time apply to Wednesdays sale.
I am deeply sorry,

Todd

Todd, I'm sure everyone here appreciates the effort you put in to try and make this happen. Actually I'm looking forward to Wednesday to see if folks give another crack at breaking the Slashdot record! Let the frenzy continue!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #513 of 583
gah!

I skipped the one class that actually counts attendance today...::sigh::

If i have to skip it again on wednes things won't be pretty for me...

nevertheless thanks for trying todd, im sure this isn't easy for you either.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #516 of 583
Well then, I'll be here Wednesday
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry you have to lose a day or two of sales Todd
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #520 of 583
Quote:

HI All,

I am deeply sorry,

Todd

It's not your fault Todd. I know that we all really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to this. Thanks for letting us know that it's off for today :)

Chris

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #524 of 583
Sorry to go all mushy here, but I'm curious about the motivations of the people hanging on, hoping against hope to get a particular piece of electronics.

I'm still here for mainly aesthetic reasons.

The thought of having a headphone made of wood--and because of the small run largely handmade--is tremendously appealing. I listen mostly to instruments made of wood (by hand) and it just seems somehow RIGHT to listen with something that has some comparable beauty and depth to it.

FAR BE IT for me to criticize the looks of the Grado SR line, but the almost Puritan disdain for flash of the Grado SRs, along with the cool emotional relationship we tend to have with plastic (or even fancy, just-so aluminum, for you 325 folks out there) somehow fails to reflect the intense, personal relationship I have with my music and music listening.

So the thought of having "special" headphones, even if they are only incrementally "better" or more satisfying than what I currently have, is quite appealing.

So I'm not looking just for better bass (I am) or for less strident highs (I am)--I'm looking for some level of personal affection for what I use to listen to music when I'm alone.

You?

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #525 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
finally i can go to the bathroom!

Damnit... my good office chair ruined for nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back