HF-1 update
Mar 20, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #557 of 583
Wooden earbuds anyone?
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #560 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
finally i can go to the bathroom!

Good thing I have a laptop I use in the bathroom.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #561 of 583
i dont even wanna try again on wednesday. it was so stressful today.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #562 of 583
These should really be done by like lottery. But then I guess there's alot of legwork, and keeping track of things.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #563 of 583
This site is currently unavailable.

If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at your earliest convenience.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #564 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
There we have it. See you all then... same bat time, same bat channel.

Same bat time,... very good... sums up this adventure quite nicely, particularly when you consider, when the program originally aired, it was done as two installments per week, with a cliffhanger at the end of part 1.

Wasn't Mercuttio called "King of the Cats" in Shakespeare (same cat time, same cat channel... maybe not)?

Wednesday! All we need now is the Ennio Morricone score.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #565 of 583
Just got back home and catched up on this thread...

here I was thinking that they would have been gone by now.
tongue.gif

On my way I was thinking RS-1 it is then (someone ship me a RS-1?)... but I'll hold my thougts till wednesday...
icon10.gif

thanks Todd for all your efforts, much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #566 of 583
Oh boy... today was a rough day for Todd. Thanks for your effort.

I brought my laptop to class ... just to refresh and find the 403 message.

Waiting for that fateful wednesday now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #568 of 583
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Good thing I have a laptop I use in the bathroom.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

NOTE TO SELF: Do not reply to sales offers of computer equipment from Ian
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #570 of 583
Well like I said earlier...I know its no exscuse and I do not work there...but there appear to be shared servers. Any shared server that sees the hit that this one did would probally come down to its knees also.

In order to hold a crazy fire sale were there is going to be 500 hits plus in a seconds time you would need a dedicated or depending on the web presence provider a server that is less populated.

That is the negative side to a shared server, they are cheaper in montly fees, but they can only allow so many hits. Im sure they have listed in there tos somewere how many hits one can receive with there account at Godaddy. If you stay with Godaddy I would surely look this up and see if there is anyway they could upgrade you temp. or move you to a less populated server, but moveing is not always the best solution depending on how there server is set up, permissions issues can arise....may need to get your webmaster involved in editing code etc....so hopefully everything can be ironed out in 24-48 hours time.

Again I am just trying to explain the technical end to the web hosting business, and I know it sucks as I was one hopeing to get in on the sale today as well...but I fully understand the difficulties that Todd experienced today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back