Help with under 80$ IEMS (RE0, S4, M2 or ?)
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #16 of 27
Take out klipsch s4. Better than cx300 and creative ep830's but that's about it.
Put in phonak pfe 112 and use it with the grey filters provided.

These are very often on sale for around £60/70. If it's cheaper this might be an idea; get the version of this earphone that only comes with green filters (verson is called pfe 012) and buy separately a pack of grey ones. 

In my opinion, sonically, these phonaks easily beat the grado gr8 and the gr10 and a whole host of other iems (including senn ie8). They are unbelievably underrated. The BEST i've come across in terms of comfort, these phonaks ended my continual searching for universal iem's. They killed this 'upgradititus' bug and the next iem i'll get would be a custom one (even though ACS custom iem manufacturer failed me, there's a bit in me that still wants a custom) 

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #17 of 27
Strongly agree.
Quote:
Take out klipsch s4. Better than cx300 and creative ep830's but that's about it.

Also now you make me want to try that Phonak.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:
I'd personally say that's wrong. HF5 can actually be had for $80-100, and the MC5 is a dynamic driver that just happens to sound a little like the signature of the better balanced-armature based Etymotic offerings, but without any of the clarity or instrument separation. Not worth $75 from when I listened to it, maybe more around $40.

Well i ve never seen the HF5 under the 100$ belt ... Regarding the MC5 ... well ahem ... maybe u r right ... (or maybe partially wrong)
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
Put in phonak pfe 112 and use it with the grey filters provided.

These are very often on sale for around £60/70. If it's cheaper this might be an idea; get the version of this earphone that only comes with green filters (verson is called pfe 012) and buy separately a pack of grey ones. 

In my opinion, sonically, these phonaks easily beat the grado gr8 and the gr10 and a whole host of other iems (including senn ie8). They are unbelievably underrated. The BEST i've come across in terms of comfort, these phonaks ended my continual searching for universal iem's. They killed this 'upgradititus' bug and the next iem i'll get would be a custom one (even though ACS custom iem manufacturer failed me, there's a bit in me that still wants a custom

Be careful now, that bit of upgradititus 'el grab ya! 
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:
Strongly agree.

Also now you make me want to try that Phonak.

You know why I bought the klipsch s4 (£25 amazon uk)?

It was the cheapest way to get klipsch gel tips that I use with my other iem's- they work marvelously well with the shure se315  

''Be careful now, that bit of upgradititus 'el grab ya! 
wink.gif
''

Lol!
The time, effort, HUGE HUGE risk of errors, travelling, waiting, annoyances........associated with getting a custom iem have put me off it quite a bit. 

But yea, I use the phonak from my slightly tweaked samsung galaxy s i9000 which clobbers all ipods i've tried for sound quality. That's not saying the ipod's are bad- the phonaks are very decent out of the current ipods too. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 27
I'm surprised no one mention Audio Technica CKM500, this IEM is excellent. Forget M2, I had them, it's not even close. Check out CKM500 thread for more info. If you buy it from cdjapan, though some say they dont offer warranty, it will be within your price cap. Good luck.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 27
Hey, memske!

Your avatar picture- that's a picture of the 'happy yellow ball' right (or is it just a random yellow smiley face?) 

I play cricket, tennis and stuff with my little cousins/brother in the backyard with these small balls. They're really good for it you know- got great bounce and weight yet smash it as hard as you want and it wont hurt anything- a kid, neigbours, cars or windows!!!!  

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:
Hey, memske!

Your avatar picture- that's a picture of the 'happy yellow ball' right (or is it just a random yellow smiley face?) 

I play cricket, tennis and stuff with my little cousins/brother in the backyard with these small balls. They're really good for it you know- got great bounce and weight yet smash it as hard as you want and it wont hurt anything- a kid, neigbours, cars or windows!!!!  

It is indeed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back