Help with this mid-range Headphones please...
post-8498226
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
Hi, I wanna buy a headphones inexpensive, basically for playing on my PC. I'm looking for: Comfort, sound quality, and durability.
 
Which one is better from the list?
 
 
1. Sennheiser HD 419= 58.88$
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-419-Headphones-Black/dp/B005SNPTS2/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1341161120&sr=8-54&keywords=sennheiser+headphones
 
2. Audio-Technica ATHM40FS= 55.20$
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM40FS-Precision-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0002D03ZW/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1341161533&sr=1-2&keywords=audio-technica+headphones 
 
3. JVC HARX700 Precision Sound= 32$
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160485&sr=8-21&keywords=samson+headphones 
 
4. Panasonic RP-HTF600-S + Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded: 30.95$+22$ 
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160591&sr=8-7&keywords=samson+headphones
 
5. Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones = 49.95$ 
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160570&sr=8-16&keywords=samson+headphones
 
6. Samson SR850= 49.95$
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-209995-SR850/dp/B002LBSEQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160853&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+headphones
 
Or another one, not to exceed 60 bucks. Thanks for any help... 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8498815
Post #2 of 12

moofs

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Posts
104
Likes
0
I'm in the same boat as you. Same budget etc. Might wanna also consider the AT-M30's.
 
I owned the JVC's and loved them. Great for music and movies. Very comfortable.
They broke in half though so now im looking to replace them.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8498846
Post #3 of 12

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,855
Reaction score
1,784
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,855
Likes
1,784
Quote:
Hi, I wanna buy a headphones inexpensive, basically for playing on my PC. I'm looking for: Comfort, sound quality, and durability.
 
Which one is better from the list?
 
 
1. Sennheiser HD 419= 58.88$
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-419-Headphones-Black/dp/B005SNPTS2/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1341161120&sr=8-54&keywords=sennheiser+headphones
 
2. Audio-Technica ATHM40FS= 55.20$
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM40FS-Precision-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0002D03ZW/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1341161533&sr=1-2&keywords=audio-technica+headphones 
 
3. JVC HARX700 Precision Sound= 32$
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160485&sr=8-21&keywords=samson+headphones 
 
4. Panasonic RP-HTF600-S + Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded: 30.95$+22$ 
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160591&sr=8-7&keywords=samson+headphones
 
5. Superlux HD668B Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones = 49.95$ 
http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160570&sr=8-16&keywords=samson+headphones
 
6. Samson SR850= 49.95$
http://www.amazon.com/Samson-209995-SR850/dp/B002LBSEQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341160853&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+headphones
 
Or another one, not to exceed 60 bucks. Thanks for any help... 
I own 4, 5, and 6, the HTF600 hhave a decent sound and are bassy, but they have a cheap plastic feel, so it seems like they would not take a lot of punishment, but so far my 8 year old nephews are swinging them around like a laso and still have not broken.
Superlux HD668B and Samson SR850 (made by Superlux) are about equal, you can get Velvet ear pads for them for $15 on eBay.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8498968
Post #4 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
Thanks, I did not know that the JVC's would be broken easyly.
 
Another thing that I don't like about them is the weight, are extremely heavy, it hurts because I read that give very good sound, then discard.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8498984
Post #5 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
Thank you for your recommendation, I like the HTF600 for this review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-htf600-s-step-monitor/reviews/5665
 
And this Velvet ear pads: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Velour-Earcushions-MDR7506-Headphones/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=pd_sim_e_2
 
I from Venezuela, I can only buy on amazon, can you tell me if amazon sold the velvet ear pads for Superlux?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8498999
Post #6 of 12

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,855
Reaction score
1,784
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,855
Likes
1,784
Quote:
Thank you for your recommendation, I like the HTF600 for this review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/panasonic-rp-htf600-s-step-monitor/reviews/5665
 
And this Velvet ear pads: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Velour-Earcushions-MDR7506-Headphones/dp/B0016MF7W2/ref=pd_sim_e_2
 
I from Venezuela, I can only buy on amazon, can you tell me if amazon sold the velvet ear pads for Superlux?
Amazon does not sell ones marketed for the Superlux HD668B (& SR850).
 
But the AKG K240/241/270 Velour ear pads will fit on to the HD668B & SR850.
Nice pads. but they usually sell and ship for $45.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8499048
Post #7 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
Ok, thanks for the tip, I will look AKG velour pads.
 
Another question, would you buy that, the Superlux or Samson? 
 
The Superlux  HD668B is basically the same HD681, but with better bass?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8499539
Post #8 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
How about these? http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q
 
or thhis one: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Pair/dp/B0016MMYKA/ref=sr_1_189?ie=UTF8&qid=1341201225&sr=8-189&keywords=Earpads+Replacement
 
Just in case that I can't find the AKG K240...
 
     Share This Post       
post-8500004
Post #9 of 12

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,855
Reaction score
1,784
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,855
Likes
1,784
Quote:
Ok, thanks for the tip, I will look AKG velour pads.
 
Another question, would you buy that, the Superlux or Samson? 
 
The Superlux  HD668B is basically the same HD681, but with better bass?
I think I like the Samson SR850 a little better.
As I've never used the HD681 and my HD668Bs broke less then two months after buying them,hard for me to really compare them.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8500006
Post #10 of 12

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,855
Reaction score
1,784
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,855
Likes
1,784
Quote:
How about these? http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q
 
or thhis one: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Pair/dp/B0016MMYKA/ref=sr_1_189?ie=UTF8&qid=1341201225&sr=8-189&keywords=Earpads+Replacement
 
Just in case that I can't find the AKG K240...
I believe those Sound blaster War-craft headset-Cushions fit on the Superlux/Samson headphones.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8500375
Post #11 of 12

jazh23

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
85
Likes
11
Thanks, I'll buy the Samson >SR850 + the Sound blaster War-craft headset-Cushions, I hope they are not damaged too fast....
 
By the way, the Sennheiser and audio-technica from the list are bad buy?
 
I can stretch the budget for these, or is better buy the Samson for PC games?
 
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD500-Full-Size-Open-Air-Headphones/dp/B000CMLZEG/ref=sr_1_68?ie=UTF8&qid=1341242337&sr=8-68&keywords=audio-technica+headphones
 
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-PRO5MK2-CM-ATH-PRO5MK2CM-by/dp/B0046JS1HU/ref=sr_1_115?ie=UTF8&qid=1341242541&sr=8-115&keywords=audio-technica+headphones
 
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-429-Headphones-Black/dp/B0065VKQ34/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341242588&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+HD429+headphones
 
More than the sound quality and comfort, I want to last because it is not easy to import.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8500425
Post #12 of 12

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
28,855
Reaction score
1,784
Location
California
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Location
California
Posts
28,855
Likes
1,784
Quote:
Thanks, I'll buy the Samson >SR850 + the Sound blaster War-craft headset-Cushions, I hope they are not damaged too fast....
 
By the way, the Sennheiser and audio-technica from the list are bad buy?
I just do not know anything about them.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top