HELP Head-Fiers!! Please!
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Smogg

New Head-Fier
It was about two years ago when I first listened to the Klipsch S4 Image headphones.  Before that, I had only ever listened to the crappy Apple iPod white earbuds.  Listening to the Klipsch S4's completely blew my mind, I had no idea what I was missing.

Fast forward two years later I have YET to find a pair that feels as warm as the Klipsch S4's.  Seeing that Klipsch won CNET's Editor Award confirmed my decision that these are the greatest headphones ever made.

I need YOUR help Head Fi!  Help prove me wrong, show me a pair of headphones in the sub $200 category that will blow my mind!

I'm a huge dubstep fan, and warm deep bass is most appreciated.

I've already tried the:
Hippo VB's, about vomited when I heard them. What a terrible pair of headphones.
Shure SE-215K's were "alright", but they were far too bright for my liking, crisp highs felt ear-piercingly loud and dry.
Bose IE1/2 are just god-awful in my opinion as well, and a terrible bargain
Monoprice 8320's, lol I can't believe I bought these
Monster Turbines, great sound, horrible built quality
Beats by Dr. Dre tour, surprisingly decent, too embarrassed to wear them in public though.

I just keep going back to my good ol' trusty Klipsch S4's

I would love to hear your thoughts Head-Fi!

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 17
I think this is what you are  looking for. You can also save quite a bit of money off the total cost for the headfi discount :).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 17
If a warm sound with good sub bass is what you want for under $200 then you can't do much better than the Atrio MG7.  They have some of the best sub bass you'll ever hear plus detailed mids and highs that have a nice monitor like sound to them.  When I had mine thoughs are what I used to listen to d&b and dubstep but they also work great with other types of edm as well.

Also the Fischer Audio Consonance is another basshead IEM with really good sub bass and they to have a nice detailed mid and high frequency so you might want to look into thoughs also.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 17
Thanks for your response to my posting!

The Atrio MG7's look horribly cheesy, poor color choices, and are 100% cheap plastic.  They look like something out of a Kinder Surprise egg, and I couldn't image paying more than $50 USD for them, let alone $150!

What do you think of Brainwavs? NuForce? MEElectronics? SoundMagic? or even VSonic?

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 17
Vsonic Gr07 would be the best choice by far out of thoughs and will kill the S4 in SQ and the bass is very good to.

One more you may want to look at it the new Sony MH1C which is just around $25.  They have SQ thats as good as a lot of IEM's costing $200 or more and even though they use a 5.8mm mirco dynamic driver the mid and sub bass are as good as the GR07 and they hit pretty hard.  Those are what I have now for when I'm in a bass heavy mood, well at least tell my Heir 3.Ai get here Monday.  Don't let the $25 price tag fool you they're head and shoulders above the S4 in every way, you should really checkout ClieOS review thread on them.

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
Vsonic Gr07 would be the best choice by far out of thoughs and will kill the S4 in SQ and the bass is very good to.

One more you may want to look at it the new Sony MH1C which is just around $25.  They have SQ thats as good as a lot of IEM's costing $200 or more and even though they use a 5.8mm mirco dynamic driver the mid and sub bass are as good as the GR07 and they hit pretty hard.  Those are what I have now for when I'm in a bass heavy mood, well at least tell my Heir 3.Ai get here Monday.  Don't let the $25 price tag fool you they're head and shoulders above the S4 in every way, you should really checkout ClieOS review thread on them.

The GR07 are great choice if you want warm, balanced sounding IEMs with fairly wide soundstage and good punchy bass as on S4. The other IEMs like Klipsch own X10i, Custom 3 (very good buy because it offers deeper tight punchy bass and highly detailed mids like on SE535 and good highs but not overly bright or punchy), Harmen Kardon AE are great buy under this budget and they all offers good warm soundsignature.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #7 of 17
thanks again for all your great advice, but WHAT is up with all these people recommending Vsonic products?  They look like cheap chinese pieces of crap, the wires are thin, and every vsonic product ive ever seen has hideous packaging and an uncut "molded plastic" look.  I noticed this terrible build quality with the Hippo VB's too!

Is Vsonic popular is other countries that the US? I've never heard of them until I stared reading Head-Fi, are they popular in Europe or something? To me they look like they were made with absolute lowest quality materials on the planet.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 17
Do the Sony MHC1's have a different model number or name?? The only ones on eBay are from Hong Kong!  And so far everytime I've bought a pair of sony headphones from Hong Kong they've been 100% fake.  Just horrbily made sony (fony) replicas.  Where do you recommend buying the Sony MHC1's? 

I would really like to try these for on $25! They look good too!

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 17
Amazon has them for $27.90 (which is up from $20.90 when I got them a few weeks ago), Here's the link,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008CCSD7K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
thanks again for all your great advice, but WHAT is up with all these people recommending Vsonic products?  They look like cheap chinese pieces of crap, the wires are thin, and every vsonic product ive ever seen has hideous packaging and an uncut "molded plastic" look.  I noticed this terrible build quality with the Hippo VB's too!

Is Vsonic popular is other countries that the US? I've never heard of them until I stared reading Head-Fi, are they popular in Europe or something? To me they look like they were made with absolute lowest quality materials on the planet.

lol those shures in your picture also look like cheap pieces of crap that are way overpriced. The Shure mooto lol. The GR07s are even better than the SE535 IMO. Felt the same with the IE7. They GR07 may not look like the most beautiful of the lot but it is rather rugged and has a 2 year warranty. Don't knock it til you've tried it. If this level of IEM isn't up to par then look into Sennheiser IE80. They can be had at amazon.de for $270.00. That is the best deal you'll find them for and they are on a completely different level than any IEM you've mentioned. Plus do the tape mod and take it to another level.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #11 of 17
okay seriously what is up with everyone buying headphones off of these random ass websites?! Jaben? GuitarSuperWorld? HeadphonePlusExtreme?? Maplesound?! Amazon.de?

I'm an American, and I just want some damn American headphones, this Vsonic, Hippo, and Meelectronic stuff is absolute crap.

and by the way @lee730, the Shure series of IEM's are some of the best looking and well-made headphones I've ever seen. They blow that cheap chinese vsonic garbage out of the water.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
okay seriously what is up with everyone buying headphones off of these random ass websites?! Jaben? GuitarSuperWorld? HeadphonePlusExtreme?? Maplesound?! Amazon.de?

I'm an American, and I just want some damn American headphones, this Vsonic, Hippo, and Meelectronic stuff is absolute crap.

and by the way @lee730, the Shure series of IEM's are some of the best looking and well-made headphones I've ever seen. They blow that cheap chinese vsonic garbage out of the water.

Sorry but Shure are overrated IMO. Way overpriced and wires constantly break. Even the newer models with detachable wires still suffer from this. Sound is so so at best. Not worth $500.00. Not even worth $300.00 IMO. Sounds like your mind is made up. Stick with the Shures. Amazon.de is not a strange site. It is Germany's version of Amazon.com. Sennheiser is from Germany. So of course the prices will be cheaper there (full MSRP is $450.00). Are you really gonna complain about someone pointing you to a good deal to save you money? Sounds like you don't want advice so as I said stick to your Shures.

Oh BTW Sennheisers products are manufactured in China as well as most products these days. Some of the best sounding equipment comes out of China. The DX100, Triad L3, Tralucent 1Plus2, T1 Amp. Most of my equipment is from China and I can tell you now the Shure's could only dream of making something that good :wink:. Regarding your last comment you've never even tried the GR07 and are judging it right off the bat. I agree it isn't the prettiest looking IEM but it is durable. More durable than the SE535, that's for sure. Funny thing is do you know for a fact that Shure doesn't produce their products in China? Not saying that this is true but it is a possibility.

Edit: Looks like Shure also is made in China. They also look of plastic to me as well :p.

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 

i didnt get to buy from cyber_worlds because he listed it at a wrong price
i just recently found out my fam friend works in shures factory in china after they visited me here in the philippines
he brought the se535 and its genuine and if you find it hard to believe then no problem dont buy it
many people are waiting in line anyway

http://www.head-fi.org/t/497285/shure-se535-reviews-and-first-impressions-thread/1140

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Not sure how I should approach this or I should just ignore and move along... Please reword literally everything if you don't want to get humiliated on a public internet forum

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

.....................not sure if troll, or just internationally idiotic.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:
.....................not sure if troll, or just internationally idiotic.

...probably the latter. sigh reminds me of tobu99.

also my HD558 is made in china.

and probably if hes not taking the advice given he should umm.... go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back