Heed CanAmp
Mar 7, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #1,111 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by spukee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm.. First Heed to show up on the For Sale forums... We need more of those
smily_headphones1.gif

No matter how good the amp, upgradetitis always gets you in the end!
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #1,114 of 2,784
Ok, what are you guys talking about? I don't see any Heed in the for sale forums
blink.gif

Quote:

Hmmm.. First Heed to show up on the For Sale forums...

We need more of those
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #1,115 of 2,784
It is in the Headphone for sale section. It is/was AKG 701+
Heed sale. I don't think the motivation for the sale was disappointment with the Heed, it had other issues that put the equipment up for sale.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #1,116 of 2,784
I see. I was looking at the amp forums. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is in the Headphone for sale section. It is/was AKG 701+
Heed sale. I don't think the motivation for the sale was disappointment with the Heed, it had other issues that put the equipment up for sale.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #1,117 of 2,784
Quote:

Hmmm.. First Heed to show up on the For Sale forums...

We need more of those
smily_headphones1.gif

Just an FYI, while it's a fairly rare, that wasn't the first (or the last) to show up on the FS forum.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #1,118 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just an FYI, while it's a fairly rare, that wasn't the first (or the last) to show up on the FS forum.

I think it's maybe the third one I've seen, and it might be gone already. Somebody has just posted about buying a 2nd hand CanAmp on another thread here. Lucky them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #1,119 of 2,784
There have been three in the amp forums, starting back in December. All sold of course. It sounds like there's going to be a fight for this one, so I'll just wait for mine. Dan is a nice guy, too, so I don't want to withdraw my deposit. Patience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's maybe the third one I've seen, and it might be gone already. Somebody has just posted about buying a 2nd hand CanAmp on another thread here. Lucky them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #1,121 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

It may be the 4th.....LTUCCI sold his, MrSlacker sold his (I got that one!
biggrin.gif
), and I think there was one more before this combo deal. May have actually been before MrSlacker's sale IIRC.

I think most of them had nothing to do with disappointment in sound, more of situation that dictated selling.

I'm quietly enjoying mine, it does quite well with the Ultrasone 750's, as well as the not-so-lowly Senn 280 Pro (I'm forced to use low-leakage/closed cans in the bedroom so it doesn't bother the wife).

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #1,122 of 2,784
Just recieved mine a couple days ago and I must say there is an improvement over my Gilmore Lite. It's not that significant but there is a difference. The imaging and sound stage seem a bit more forward and the bass is a bit stronger. Barely burned in so crossing my fingers for some ear shattering changes like I found in my k701s.

The amp itself is beautiful but the knob is very prone to fingerprints. The top of the amp gets luke warm after being on for a while but nothing excessive. I like the Heeds internal psu as opposed to the el pac the glite came with.

I am pleased with the upgrade and the great service Dan gave me.

Heres my setup for anyone interested:

x-fi>great march>heed>k701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back