Heed CanAmp
Mar 10, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #1,141 of 2,784
no noise or hiss whatsoever here
eggosmile.gif
, music or no - it is dead silent, joy for ears!
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #1,143 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's almost 3 weeks since the last batch of amps delivered by Dan. Any news about the next set? Anyone got anything from Dan this week?

I ordered one early today. Dan was saying he hopes to see the next batch arrive in april. Im going to be pessimistic and say at the end of may. He ha 30 people in line. Cant wait to get mine.

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #1,146 of 2,784
I received an email from Alpar a few days ago in response to my review, which described a slight noise with low impedance cans as the only problem worthy of consideration.

"As far as the noise is concerned you and the others have noticed, well, it is probably inherently there, in the design. After all, the CanAmp is a nice little entry-level high-end product, and not a no-compromise state-of-the-art design. At that price point, we cannot achieve everything - there is, and must remain some room for improvements. We will definitely launch a Super-CanAmp one day....
Nevertheless, I don't think this slight noise is really annoying. Many CanAmp owners don't even recognize it.
Finally, thanks for the positive review you've published recently. It speaks for itself how good the CanAmp really is.
Best regards,
Alpar"

I share his estimation about this noise. I can recognize it in total silence or at extremely low volumes, but it is not an issue in normal listening conditions.
Maybe many users do not even recognize it as Alpar says, but it seems there are canamps more silent than others. I can not believe it is only in our ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. Until now I am not aware of any user from the USA with this "problem". Am I wrong?

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #1,147 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received an email from Alpar a few days ago in response to my review, which described a slight noise with low impedance cans as the only problem worthy of consideration.

"As far as the noise is concerned you and the others have noticed, well, it is probably inherently there, in the design. After all, the CanAmp is a nice little entry-level high-end product, and not a no-compromise state-of-the-art design. At that price point, we cannot achieve everything - there is, and must remain some room for improvements. We will definitely launch a Super-CanAmp one day....
Nevertheless, I don't think this slight noise is really annoying. Many CanAmp owners don't even recognize it.
Finally, thanks for the positive review you've published recently. It speaks for itself how good the CanAmp really is.
Best regards,
Alpar"

I share his estimation about this noise. I can recognize it in total silence or at extremely low volumes, but it is not an issue in normal listening conditions.
Maybe many users do not even recognize it as Alpar says, but it seems there are canamps more silent than others. I can not believe it is only in our ears
smily_headphones1.gif
. Until now I am not aware of any user from the USA with this "problem". Am I wrong?

Hi Carlos

Could you go into a little more detail about what this noise sounds like? Is it only audible with low impedance cans?

Is there an English version of your review, I'd like to read it?

USG

Mar 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #1,149 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh-heh, I forwarded that review along to Alpar with a bizarro Babel Fish "translation". I'd love to see an English version as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey Dex

What do you know about the noise?

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #1,154 of 2,784
X2 I'm just now listening to music out of the Heed with a Grado SR60, and switching to a K 701 and an HD 600 and all three sound excellent. The Grado sounds quite mellow and not at all sharp in the highs like it may on some amps. Very balanced and enjoyable sound.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #1,155 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh-heh, I forwarded that review along to Alpar with a bizarro Babel Fish "translation". I'd love to see an English version as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

There is no english version, I'm sorry
smily_headphones1.gif
. I will try to translate it in the future, as soon as I get some time for it, but don't count much on it. At least I will try to make a summary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you go into a little more detail about what this noise sounds like? Is it only audible with low impedance cans?

It is nothing strange, the typical floor noise (fssss, like a "blow"). I repeat, this noise is very slight and can not be heard under normal listening conditions, only without music or at very low volumes in a silent ambient. Street noises, a hard disk, even a strong respiration could be enough to prevent hearing the noise (depending on the headphones). Of course, with sensible headphones like IEMs can be heard more easily (as usual). We discussed it here some time ago. Yes, it is only audible with low impedance cans. There is no noise at all with HD650 or K701, for example.

About the CanAmp with Grados, x3. I love this combo (even with the slight noise
smily_headphones1.gif
). It is one of the best amps for grados at this price level and in my personal opinion, the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back