Heed CanAmp
Mar 6, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #1,096 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinylfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does one measure volume (dbs for the listener) at any one time? I suppose a Radio Shack db meter is not the answer because of the headphone seal to the ear.

That's an excellent question, vf. Don't know if there's an easy answer, but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

And congrats on the CanAmp!
cool.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #1,097 of 2,784
got my Nichicon "Muse" Fine Gold 10uF/100v caps today and dropped them in. While there I took some under-board shots of my polyprops in place as well as the HAWT pad liftage at the front of the board
smily_headphones1.gif

Zsolt, Alpar and the rest of the Heed designers will probably never forgive me for butchering their amp like this, but the sound is sooooooo worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.a-chau.net/gallery2/v/mambo-articles/canamp/ now with under-board shots

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #1,098 of 2,784
I can't believe you guys! A brand new amp, and you've got the guts to mod it like that.

Clearly Heed should take note that there's a market for an "SE" version with high quality maxed out caps.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #1,102 of 2,784
Mar 7, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #1,104 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=) I'd sent an e-mail to Dan and Alpar. May i know how long is the waiting list, currently? :p

- Han

i placed a deposit on mine on Feb 13, and we're hoping (Dan @ Black Bird, etc) it will arrive by 1st week of April.

so yeah.... expect anywhere from 1 - 2 months.
apparently they're trying to ramp up production to accommodate the spike in demand, so hopefully the wait times will gradually decrease.

personally, i hate everyone who recommended this damn amp to me, but it doesn't change my mind
mad.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: let us know what he says, if you decide to waitlist for one too. i'm curious if the projected time has shrunk at all.

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #1,105 of 2,784
Dan and Alpar replied my e-mail. Dan even forwarded my e-mail to Alpar as he strongly suggest i get it directly from Heed instead. In Alpar's reply, he mention that the lead time is 2 weeks. @.@"

Gonna place my order really soon, i just can't wait for to get it!
biggrin.gif

Added: By the way may i know how much are you guys paying for the CanAmp? I was quoted EUR 255 + 60 for shipping. Still negotiating with alpar for possible discounts.

- Han

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #1,106 of 2,784
Quote:

Dan and Alpar replied my e-mail. Dan even forwarded my e-mail to Alpar as he strongly suggest i get it directly from Heed instead. In Alpar's reply, he mention that the lead time is 2 weeks. @.@"

Gonna place my order really soon, i just can't wait for to get it!
biggrin.gif

Added: By the way may i know how much are you guys paying for the CanAmp? I was quoted EUR 255 + 60 for shipping. Still negotiating with alpar for possible discounts.

- Han

I'm delighted to hear that Alpar was able to respond to your inquiry so quickly. As I've been telling everyone, they are great folks over there at Heed Audio.
Obviously, it appears that 220V models are right now, a little more readily available. We've been waiting for months for the 110V models and this would have delayed your order for no good reason. This is why I forwarded your note to Alpar and encouraged you to deal with them directly since they do not have distribution in your country. In my eyes, this was the best level of service I could offer to you.
As for pricing, there are too many factors when looking at pricing differences from country to country, such as exchange rates and different taxes that get put on goods brought in from around the world and each country has its own ideas on that. Shipping costs impact the bottom line as well. Regardless of who has paid what for their CanAmp, I'm betting that many would have been willing to pay a little more if it meant they would not have to wait. Two weeks waiting for an order is a bargain for this amp at any price.
icon10.gif
(IMO).

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #1,107 of 2,784
Haha, i'm still waiting for his reply though. Thank you for forwarding my e-mail to them. I'm ok with the EUR 315 price tag, just hoping to get a little discount from Alpar; hopefully.
biggrin.gif

Anyway i guess i'll make my payment real soon, maybe within this week or so.

- Han

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #1,108 of 2,784
Quote:

Haha, i'm still waiting for his reply though. Thank you for forwarding my e-mail to them. I'm ok with the EUR 315 price tag, just hoping to get a little discount from Alpar; hopefully.
biggrin.gif

Anyway i guess i'll make my payment real soon, maybe within this week or so.

Hi Han,

The CanAmp has a retail list price of 350 EUR here in Europe, so Alpar's offer of 315 EUR, including shipping seems very nicely discounted to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #1,110 of 2,784
Hmmm.. First Heed to show up on the For Sale forums...

We need more of those
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back