Headphones under $100
May 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #35 of 39
I used google shopping just this afternoon to find SRH840 for $99-->$112 shipped.  I've never heard of the site compuplus.com and it looked pretty crappy, but Google reviews and Reseller Ratings checked out so I pulled the trigger.  They are on closeout, but at that price might be worth looking into.

Slightly OT, but where should I post deals on this site?  I only see deals mentioned in the sponsored forum and I think a bunch of people might be interested in this one.

May 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #37 of 39

Quote:
Are they an authorized seller?

It isn't listed on Shure's website so I doubt it.  The site claims:

"We guarantee...Every order will be delivered on time and complete. All of our products have a full manufacturer's US warranty. They are delivered COMPLETE with all of the accessories that come with the item ...it is a full retail BOX. "

I take that from the "About Us" page.  If Shure's headphones are like their mics then warranty won't ever come into play but time will tell.  If something goes awry I'll update my post about it.

May 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #39 of 39
I hope so too. There are a few mitigating points I investigated first. 10,000+ good reviews on google shopping, similar Reseller Ratings, Pricegrabber etc. Also, they allow payments through Amazon Payments which I used (also Paypal, Google Checkout) and if Amz Pymnts is like their marketplace they are typically pretty good about culling out the shenanigans very quickly compared to say FleaBay. Of course now I'm getting worried. Will follow-up if things go sour.  I'm really hoping that they were closing these out to make room for 940s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back