Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,846 of 12,284
  They're discontinuing the HE-6?

Would there be a replacement? The HE1k is NOT at all a replacement for the HE-6 from what I've heard.

Yes discontinuing

Not sure trying to get that information

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #1,848 of 12,284
@Music Alchemist, how's that SR-207 / SRM-212 treating you? I thought you would have at least posted a peep of something by now. How does it compare to your SR-30?

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #1,849 of 12,284
  @Music Alchemist, how's that SR-207 / SRM-212 treating you? I thought you would have at least posted a peep of something by now. How does it compare to your SR-30?

I've been enjoying it so much that I haven't posted as much. I have pages upon pages of notes and will probably publish a comprehensive review. It's far superior to the SR-30. I only prefer the SR-30 five or ten percent of the time.

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,850 of 12,284
Loving the HE6s so far. Don't have another amp to compare to but loving the results I'm getting from the WA5 (k1k output). Sounds has an overwhelming richness (in a positive way) which makes the music incredibly addictive to listen to. Every metal genre I've tried has been amazing.

With that said, I would be interested in a HE6 successor as long as there was a clear improvement in sound quality thats also consistent with the spirit and sound signature of the HE6s. Improvements to just the weight/comfort/or being easier to drive would be negligible.

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #1,851 of 12,284
Loving the HE6s so far. Don't have another amp to compare to but loving the results I'm getting from the WA5 (k1k output). Sounds has an overwhelming richness (in a positive way) which makes the music incredibly addictive to listen to. Every metal genre I've tried has been amazing.

With that said, I would be interested in a HE6 successor as long as there was a clear improvement in sound quality thats also consistent with the spirit and sound signature of the HE6s. Improvements to just the weight/comfort/or being easier to drive would be negligible.

So add it to your profile already!
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,852 of 12,284

Nice! The WA5 via K1K output is a nice match for the 6.

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #1,853 of 12,284

I've heard rumors of a proper successor, but no details yet.

And yeah, the HE1000 doesn't sound like the HE-6 at all; more like a modded HE400i on steroids.

I was told by sales person at the store i go to the HE 1000 is the successor no plans to have something between 560 and 1000 hope he is wrong .So have bumped my order to 2 pairs so i will have back up pair of HE-6

Aug 5, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #1,855 of 12,284
I'm taking this Pokémon trainer thing a little far...
biggrin.gif

Since I don't know when my comprehensive review of the STAX SR-207 will be ready, feel free to ask specific questions, if you're curious about my impressions.

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,856 of 12,284
  I'm taking this Pokémon trainer thing a little far...
biggrin.gif

Since I don't know when my comprehensive review of the STAX SR-207 will be ready, feel free to ask specific questions, if you're curious about my impressions.

Before you think about the sr-009, take a look at the King Sound H3. FWIW, many people have said they are better than the sr-507

http://www.kingsaudio.com.hk/KS-H3.html

But I guess maybe a bit too colored for your taste (slight mid bass bump apparently). 

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,857 of 12,284
  Before you think about the sr-009, take a look at the King Sound H3. FWIW, many people have said they are better than the sr-507

http://www.kingsaudio.com.hk/KS-H3.html

But I guess maybe a bit too colored for your taste (slight mid bass bump apparently). 

Unless it's absolutely better than the SR-009, I'm not interested for now...but it is on my wish list for the remote future.

Most mild frequency response aberrations can be dealt with via EQ. FR is merely the beginning of a headphone's sound, though.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #1,858 of 12,284

How's the bass with the HE-6?

I'm looking to upgrade my phones.  The HE-6 has been at the top of the list and I'm about ready to pull the trigger...

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back