Headphones for Hardcore/Death metal music <$100
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 16

Quote:
I was wanting to buy the Auvio Retro. Thanks for posting about it! A glitch in Radio Shack's website showed it out of stock. Listening to it from my Sansa Fuze > GoVibe V5 amp. I like it WAY more than the JVC flats - not even close. This is my kind of sound with loud classic rock - like an un-refined baby brother HA-RX700 with an attitude... lol. I also prefer it to the JVC HA-S700 (sold / sibilant) and Pioneer SE-M390 (returned / tight up front sound).

[size=10pt]They are almost an unbelievable deal at $20 if you want rock/metal phones. They're not too bad with hip-hop either. Not ONE person who has bought them on my recommendation has regretted it... even at their regular $40 price. Quite the opposite actually. But they don't say "Grado" on the side of 'em so they're doomed. Sad.[/size]

[size=10pt]Do yourself a favor though.[/size]

[size=10pt]Pull the pads up and unscrew the single screw on the baffle. Then just pull straight up on the baffle/grill, pull it off and remove the pads. Then peel off that horrible, sound robbing material that is stuck on the front of the baffle (comes off really easily). Put your pads back on, reverse the process and screw the single screw back in.[/size]

[size=10pt]Then cut two discs from some regular flat headphone foam from some old beater phones and stick it right in the middle and stuff the edges under the pads.[/size]

[size=10pt]You'll thank me. It's like having all new (better) phones.[/size]

[size=10pt]Glad you like 'em btw.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back