Headphones for girlfriend. Closed. $150 max. Must be pretty /facepalm.
Oct 23, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #47 of 106

Quote:
Matthew, is that your gf in your new avatar?

Nah. I don't think she would appreciate being paraded around the internet, as stunning as I think she is. This girl will have to do lol. Where's Volume gone btw? I was really intrigued about these "PS100s"
tongue.gif

Edit: Changed picture to avoid further confusion lol. I tend to change pictures a lot, I get bored easily.

Oct 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #54 of 106
Quote:
volume said:

In my opinion the PX100s are more comparable to something like the KSC75s which are significantly cheaper, i.e. less than a quarter of the price of the PX100s. If you need a headband you can get one for a couple of bucks.  

Quote:
Hmm those actually are some nice looking headphones, they have gotten great reviews it seems also here on head-fi. Looks like it might be between these and the ES7. Thanks.

PX200s sound significantly worse than the PX100s.

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #55 of 106
I am joining this thread late, but if you still want suggestions (especially from a female) I can highly recommend  Audio Technica. Audio Technica is a favorite in Japan for girls and I see many wearing Audio Technica headphones as part of their "look" (almost like a headband). I have the ESW9 and they are great.  Not only do they sound fabulous, but with the wood panels, they can blend into my brown curly hair extremely well.  Many girls here like the white headphone look though where they stand out.  Something that is also popular is decorating white headphones with fake jewels (similar to how Japanese girls decorate their fingernails) not unlike how DJ YUMMY does it (she is using modified Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones)

My current favorite headphone for the trains is the ATH-CKM33 (pink), but these are in-ear style. http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-ckm33.html  these are also extremely cheap in Japan (around 3000円/$30) and sound stunningly good.  I sometimes prefer to listen to my CKM33 at the office over the ESW9 (to put them into context). But the CKM33 are brand new in Japan (released 2010年7月23日) and I seriously doubt they can be purchased outside Japan.

The ATH-ES7, especially the white ones, are also very nice. Many girls here wear ES7 (or similar) white headphones on the train as part of their "look".  They sound very good. not quite to ESW9 level, but I think you know about the ES7/ESW9.

Another ATH in Japan is the ATH-ON300 (or similar style). But these too are mostly fashion-style headphones and probably Japan only.

edit: just found this on the audio technica website.  just released 2 weeks ago ATH-FW33.  Another 2000円 / $20 fashion style headphone.  don't know about the sound quality. http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-fw33.html

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #57 of 106

Quote:
I am joining this thread late, but if you still want suggestions (especially from a female) I can highly recommend  Audio Technica. Audio Technica is a favorite in Japan for girls and I see many wearing Audio Technica headphones as part of their "look" (almost like a headband). I have the ESW9 and they are great.  Not only do they sound fabulous, but with the wood panels, they can blend into my brown curly hair extremely well.  Many girls here like the white headphone look though where they stand out.  Something that is also popular is decorating white headphones with fake jewels (similar to how Japanese girls decorate their fingernails) not unlike how DJ YUMMY does it (she is using modified Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones)

My current favorite headphone for the trains is the ATH-CKM33 (pink), but these are in-ear style. http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-ckm33.html  these are also extremely cheap in Japan (around 3000円/$30) and sound stunningly good.  I sometimes prefer to listen to my CKM33 at the office over the ESW9 (to put them into context). But the CKM33 are brand new in Japan (released 2010年7月23日) and I seriously doubt they can be purchased outside Japan.

The ATH-ES7, especially the white ones, are also very nice. Many girls here wear ES7 (or similar) white headphones on the train as part of their "look".  They sound very good. not quite to ESW9 level, but I think you know about the ES7/ESW9.

Another ATH in Japan is the ATH-ON300 (or similar style). But these too are mostly fashion-style headphones and probably Japan only.

edit: just found this on the audio technica website.  just released 2 weeks ago ATH-FW33.  Another 2000円 / $20 fashion style headphone.  don't know about the sound quality. http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/products/hp/ath-fw33.html

Interesting and helpful read. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #58 of 106
OP i'm in the same boat as you
biggrin.gif

i'm also looking around to buying my wifey a set of pretty cans for christmas

ath-m50 and the dj1s are my top choices right now, but the white es7s looks pretty sweet.  i guess i'll have to reevaluate my choices
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #60 of 106
http://www.karmaloop.com/product-soldout.asp?productID=24918&VendorCode=WEC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back