Headphones for girlfriend. Closed. $150 max. Must be pretty /facepalm.
Oct 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #91 of 106

Quote:
No problem. I hope your girlfriend is happy with them. Oh, and I am moving to Japan.
beerchug.gif

Good luck with the move! Hope everything works out
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #94 of 106

Quote:
No problem. I hope your girlfriend is happy with them. Oh, and I am moving to Japan. 
beerchug.gif

cool. ようこそ (welcome). I hope you like it here.  One nice thing about Tokyo is being able to listen (for long periods) to many headphones.  It quickly cures many of Upgraditis because 99% of it is curiosity and wanting to know if you like this headphone better or not.  My favorite shop is a headphone speciality shop in Akihabara a few blocks down from the large Sofmap.  You can even listen to the Stax SR-007A/SRM-007tA combo there.  This is the shop location on google maps.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #95 of 106
O MY GOSH! I was just joking about moving to Japan because of the description Jessica Fae gave. Thank you for even including the location to a good headphone shop. I guess I chose the wrong emoticon.
darthsmile.gif
 It sounds really fun there, if you like headphones (I know I do). Right now I am happily situated in New York. However, around here there are no headphone shops. Hopefully I will be able to make it to a headphone meet on November 20th and listen to a lot of great cans. Maybe I will visit Japan one day.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #96 of 106
Oct 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #98 of 106

Quote:
Nah she hates lady gaga, it's why I love her.

thank god i was just about to offer you one of mine for a cheap price of 10-20 dollars or something. 
my aunt got it as a gift for a cousin but it ended up in my house haha.

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #100 of 106
V-Moda Crossfade.  a little more expensive but are available in red/black or black/purple.

very sexy cans.

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #101 of 106

Quote:
O MY GOSH! I was just joking about moving to Japan because of the description Jessica Fae gave. Thank you for even including the location to a good headphone shop. I guess I chose the wrong emoticon.
darthsmile.gif
 It sounds really fun there, if you like headphones (I know I do). Right now I am happily situated in New York. However, around here there are no headphone shops. Hopefully I will be able to make it to a headphone meet on November 20th and listen to a lot of great cans. Maybe I will visit Japan one day.

I wish NY had a lot more audio shops.  The missus has been arguing about relocating to Japan.  Great for her, but I don't know if I'm going to enjoy moving to any place that doesn't have decent tacos, burritos, pizza, hot wings, cheesesteak, etc--yes my entire decision is food based.

I bookmarked Jessica Fae's link so I can check it out when I'm there in a couple months.  Thanks for the heads up Jessica!  
beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #102 of 106
Quote:

I wish NY had a lot more audio shops.  The missus has been arguing about relocating to Japan.  Great for her, but I don't know if I'm going to enjoy moving to any place that doesn't have decent tacos, burritos, pizza, hot wings, cheesesteak, etc--yes my entire decision is food based.

x2  How could I possibly make due without deep dish pizza!

More practically, my Japanese still sucks...Have to get back to studying.

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #103 of 106

Quote:
I bookmarked Jessica Fae's link so I can check it out when I'm there in a couple months.  Thanks for the heads up Jessica!  
beerchug.gif

you are welcome.  I may be going to this shop soon to check out the ATH-M50 ATH-PRO700mk2, Pioneer HDJ-2000, HDJ-1000 and maybe some Sony studio monitors too (and maybe listen again to the ES7). yes I have a bias for Japanese headphones. I am thinking about a monitoring/DJ/studio-balanced headphone for mixing techno/trance tracks and I really do not like my sennheiser HD280s.  I wish the ATH-M50 came in white....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back