Headphones for girlfriend. Closed. $150 max. Must be pretty /facepalm.
Oct 28, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #76 of 106
Beach Camera is actually listed on the Audio-Technica website as an authorized US AT dealer. Also, myself and several others have purchased from Beach Camera and received genuine products.

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #77 of 106
Beach camera is listed as authorized seller by audio technica, that is why I took its price as a good thing...

Quote:
Quote:
That is just too much, at beach camera they have it at 69 USD

I noticed that beach camera has really cheap audio technica.  The problem is that they are cheaper than even the cheapest internet retailers in Japan. Given the strong yen I seriously doubt these are real Audio Technica.  There are many fake audio technica out there and Beach Camera is known to "gray market".
Here are the cheapest prices in Japan for ATH-ES7
http://kakaku.com/item/20461510666/
(10,343yen  with the current exchange rate this would be $128 USD).  So I would say anything less than $128 for ES7 is probably a fake.
I would recommend sticking with your favorite retailer in Australia for $147AU

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #78 of 106

Quote:
Haha I'm the same. I only signed up in September and have owned so far the DT770 600ohm, HD650, AD900 and Earsonic SM3. I am looking at purchasing an RS1 next. RS1 will be my energetic rock/metal and fun can. HD650 for easy, relaxing listening and my ambient/acoustic music. Most likely night time. SM3s for on the go
 and when I am exercising outside.

Upgraditis xD
this reminds me of scrypt's description of headphone fetishism as a pathology.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #81 of 106
I will buy it and ship it to you for $69 plus tax plus shipping plus $20 for my trouble. 
beyersmile.png

Kidding. Maybe.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #84 of 106
Darn. It is $50-55 shipping. $75 plus $50 is $125. That is without me making a dime. I don't think it would be worth your hassle for me to do it, even though I'd do it for free. I just checked Beach camera anyway, and the ES7s are actually $79 w/o tax. I won't mention America's free market, as I don't know anything about Australia's. If you could enlighten me a little bit I would be grateful.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #86 of 106
Hey with international priority mail with USPS, it is 14 USD.

I know because I often buy things from the states.

Quote:
Darn. It is $50-55 shipping. $75 plus $50 is $125. That is without me making a dime. I don't think it would be worth your hassle for me to do it, even though I'd do it for free. I just checked Beach camera anyway, and the ES7s are actually $79 w/o tax. I won't mention America's free market, as I don't know anything about Australia's. If you could enlighten me a little bit I would be grateful.

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #87 of 106

Quote:

Damn. I don't know about taxes, I've never had to pay anything extra in tax when buying headphones from other head-fiers. How did you get to $50 shipping if I may ask? I have bought headphones in much larger boxes from the US and it has only cost around $30 shipping. Even then, yeah, 75+ 30 + 20 = 125, probably not worth the hassle to save $20. Thanks a lot anyway!

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #88 of 106
The OP is not in the EU. He is in Australia. I looked up the rates on the official USPS site and priority mail was definitely $50. I would be glad if you could prove me wrong, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back