Headphones for EXTREME BASS
Nov 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #49 of 70
There are some people that do run a sub alongside headphones, for that extra rumble, which actually isn't as detrimental to sound as one might think, especially if closed headphones are used, to which it comes down to low frequencies being felt rather than the whole room acoustics. Of course, this changes from case to case.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #54 of 70
I have the sony xb-500 and have heard, tested, and owned plenty of car subs. Headphones will never really compare to the feeling of basically having subs shake your body hard enough to make your vision blur and your chair vibrate. But for bass headphones these have the most quantity over anything ive heard. The idea of having a sub next to you while listening through closed cans though, is very interesting and I think I'll try that in the future.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #58 of 70
My friend claims that his XB1000 with a Digitoid ZO2 is way more bassier and more powerful than my XB500s when I let him audition them. If paired with a ZO2, what is still bassier, the XB500 or the XB1000? My friend says that the bass on the XB1000 is so strong it sucks on his ears. Is that just because of the amp or the headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back