Headphones for EXTREME BASS
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #31 of 70
XB500s

Now to a strange suggestion.
I never used a Razer Tiamat 2.2 but its the first headset ever using 2  40mm drivers in each cup. 1 driver is a pure audio driver. 1 is a pure subwoofer driver.

I've heard reviews and according to those reviews they have really immense bass. Also sounding like a subwoofer as there is the seperate sub driver.

Though i doubt the sound quality is somewhat decent.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #34 of 70
Dude, they have 4 drivers!!!
eek.gif

I think I will try them.

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #39 of 70
Because more bass isn't better? It's easy to do bass quantity, quality is another matter, if one is looking for the most bass possible, you can just cut your budget to max $200 mark already and the cheapest one that offers you the most bass probably has to be JVC HA-M5X which has very similar quantity like XB500 for about $35. :)

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #40 of 70
Because more bass isn't better? It's easy to do bass quantity, quality is another matter, if one is looking for the most bass possible, you can just cut your budget to max $200 mark already and the cheapest one that offers you the most bass probably has to be JVC HA-M5X which has very similar quantity like XB500 for about $35. :)

Thank you for your easily understood explanation :)

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Yup. The idea of 2 Drivers is awsome. 
Actually i thought why others are not trying to do it and satisfy our bassheads.

Indeed. Well, I'm really tempted.

EDIT: No longer tempted. I was wrong, they don't have 4 drivers (in each side obviously), but 2.

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #44 of 70
Can they really match a subwoofer tho? I don't think the XB500s make me feel bass all over my body, but in terms of how much bass is pumped into your ears, can the XB500s really beat a large subwoofer? The youtube vids of subs sound hardcore...so hardcore that I honestly don't think XB500s can match them. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #45 of 70
Can they really match a subwoofer tho? I don't think the XB500s make me feel bass all over my body, but in terms of how much bass is pumped into your ears, can the XB500s really beat a large subwoofer? The youtube vids of subs sound hardcore...so hardcore that I honestly don't think XB500s can match them. 

Let's be honest here, the XB500s will not shake your body like a subwoofer. However, when you have a very bass heavy dubstep song, bass boost EQu and an amplifier all hooked up... They can rattle your head a bit. Like, you will notice that your vision blurres. Literally. Crazy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back