Headphones for EXTREME BASS
Nov 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 70
Quote:
So how does the mid-bass of the Pro 900's compete with the XB500's?

Technically the XB500 should have more mid bass slam. But the XB500 is also a flimsy little thing with a crappy cable. If you want a classy looking headphone that just happens to blast you with mid-bass, the PRO900 would be it.

Very best,

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #20 of 70
Pairing the Ultrasone Pro 900 with a digiZoid ZO2 will provide tremendous bass.

There are some reports around this forum that seem to indicate the Pro 900 get distorted when a ZO2 is added, but after being in contact with digiZoid's representative, it was made clear that people were using the ZO2 exactly as an amp, something it isn't.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #22 of 70
Holy carp! This things are sick. With the bass boosted up to around just +10db, taking the XB500s off is just as good as putting them on. The mid bass is just insane and extreme to the point where it can get a bit uncomfortable. But after raising the treble and mids a bit, these are by far my favorite headphones for bass heavy music.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #23 of 70
lol, XB500 + 10dB bass, we're talking like 25dB worth of bass boost here. xD (OK a little less if mids & highs are also boosted but still). But yea from my experience with XB500, they happily take any extra bass you throw at them. :p

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #26 of 70
Holy carp! This things are sick. With the bass boosted up to around just +10db, taking the XB500s off is just as good as putting them on. The mid bass is just insane and extreme to the point where it can get a bit uncomfortable. But after raising the treble and mids a bit, these are by far my favorite headphones for bass heavy music.

Glad to help. :) always happy to hear I helped someone make an informed decision.

Enjoy, mate!

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #28 of 70
Quote:
Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate it! Just wondering, how do these cans perform with heavy sub bass music like Swagga by Excision & Datsik? Can't wait to try that out.

God I couldn't imagine that song on the XB500s and XB700(would be like being smothered with two bass pillows.), on my CALs the sub bass is really noticeable but I guess that is the point of the track. I had to turn it off half way through the mid bass hits and that scratchy synth was really starting to bother me. Which is odd I am not usually bothered by stuff like that.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #29 of 70
Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate it! Just wondering, how do these cans perform with heavy sub bass music like Swagga by Excision & Datsik? Can't wait to try that out.

Well, to find out, I just tried that. I had not listened to that song in a while, and the XB500 just shook my eyeballs out of their sockets. These headphones, with the right bass, can literally make your eyeballs shake. No, for real, your vision will blur. That. Much. Bass.

Get a portable amp like the FiiO E7 for maximum shakiness. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back