Headphones around $100 with this Criteria?
Aug 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Have you tried the uptown verisons and can give me an opinion of them??

I haven't listened to both of them seriously yet, but from my initial impressions, they sound very similar and both on the warm side. They definitely emphasize the bass a bit to cater to many consumers, but the mids and highs are still very prominent and good sounding. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the uptowns only because it is circumaural rather than supra-aural. At only $119 on Amazon right now, they Uptowns seem to be a good contender. At full price, I would reconsider though.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Accessories-SHL5605BK-28-Headphones/dp/B0072B9VW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344099901&sr=8-1&keywords=citiscape+downtown

vs.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHL5905BK-28-CitiScape-Headphones/dp/B007BNE564/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344099915&sr=1-2&keywords=citiscape+uptown

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #19 of 35
+1 for uptowns...too...

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:
I think I need to try them out before I buy them.

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I think I've decided that im going to go with the uptowns.

Hey Fballboy23, don't know if I caught you in time...  I just wanted to mention that the Best Buy near me has both the Downtown and the Uptown available for audition (though you'll have to listen to their lame music presets).  YMMV of course.

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:
I haven't listened to both of them seriously yet, but from my initial impressions, they sound very similar and both on the warm side. They definitely emphasize the bass a bit to cater to many consumers, but the mids and highs are still very prominent and good sounding. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the uptowns only because it is circumaural rather than supra-aural. At only $119 on Amazon right now, they Uptowns seem to be a good contender. At full price, I would reconsider though.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Accessories-SHL5605BK-28-Headphones/dp/B0072B9VW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344099901&sr=8-1&keywords=citiscape+downtown

vs.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHL5905BK-28-CitiScape-Headphones/dp/B007BNE564/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1344099915&sr=1-2&keywords=citiscape+uptown

Quote:
+1 for uptowns...too...

Are circumaurals supposed to have better sound, or is it merely comfort preference?

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Are circumaurals supposed to have better sound, or is it merely comfort preference?

Better sound is a very subjective term. It provides a different sound signature. For me, i prefer circumaurals because of the comfort. I am more of an over ear guy...but thats just me.

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:
Hey man, Thanks for posting but I did already order them, they will be here on the 8th from Amazon. Unfortantly the town I live in is very rural and out of the way (Closest city with a bestbuy is around 30 minutes away in Lincoln even though I hate the rural area and always have been raised a city boy.) Worst comes to worst and they don't match what I want I can return them and figure out something else like the M50's or something else suggested, regardless though I think they are going to fit my bill. I can't wait for them to be here truthfully.

Sure, you're welcome of course.  I would've posted sooner but I just didn't see this thread before. 
smile.gif
  That wouldn't be Lincoln, Nebraska would it?

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:
Yeah it is Lincoln, Nebraska. Kinda a barren wasteland in terms of people around here lol. 

Well, at least until the zombie walk later on this month.

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:
Haha. I never got to go to one of those up at UNL but I'd have to try to go next time with some friends. I take it you live in in lincoln or used to?

Nope, never been.  But who hasn't heard of the zombie walk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back