headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #737 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peddler
Apart from the bland stuff that comes supplied with the players, the most common model I see is the Sony EX-70's - seen three so far in a small town in the UK - and none of them had sticky tape over the holes in the back - fools!

why u need tape on back of holes?

ive got some philips she 9500 with holes in back, does it increase the bass or something?

Apr 18, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #738 of 855
In my school (dont know what to call it, before university anyways) I've seen AKG K240's, Grado SR325's AND Sony MDR-XD400. Lots of sony streetstyles, a few Portapros, and my friend usually wears Portapros aswell as E2c's. Also seen a pair of Sennheiser HD580's, Mx500's etc... And this isnt a very large school.

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #739 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
I saw a guy with ETY ER-6i and some small flash player on Saturday about 2-3pm on Q train. He got on the train on 34th St and I left on Kings Hwy station and he kept going. There was no amp so i dont know is he is a head-fier

Actually, the ER6i does not benefit from amplification, so maybe he IS a head-fier. The impedance on those IEMs is very low.

Apr 22, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #740 of 855
In my high school, I literally see 20-30 pairs of iBuds a day, along with stock Sony buds and streetstyles...
frown.gif
There is however one guy with Grado SR60s and I saw an older girl with really nice headphones, but couldn't tell what they were.

May 11, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #741 of 855
I saw a guy today I think with AT clip-ons, silver ones... reveal yourself stranger!

May 11, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #742 of 855
I was walking around a mall in Honolulu and I saw an old guy wearing what I think were E3Cs.

Also, I was watching Sports Night a few days ago and they were in a recording room wearing AKG K240s and AKG K171s or 271s.

May 11, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #743 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22
In my high school, I literally see 20-30 pairs of iBuds a day, along with stock Sony buds and streetstyles...
frown.gif
There is however one guy with Grado SR60s and I saw an older girl with really nice headphones, but couldn't tell what they were.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
In my school (dont know what to call it, before university anyways) I've seen AKG K240's, Grado SR325's AND Sony MDR-XD400. Lots of sony streetstyles, a few Portapros, and my friend usually wears Portapros aswell as E2c's. Also seen a pair of Sennheiser HD580's, Mx500's etc... And this isnt a very large school.

Music players weren't allowed at my school, period. They would be confiscated.
eek.gif

I always got away with using my Palm. No one noticed.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #744 of 855
Had my first non-Bose sighting the other day. I was down at the strip mall when high school let out, and about 60 kids came streaming over to Starbucks...many iBuds, 2 pairs of Sony Streetstyles (the old white ones with the orange logo that made them look like Cingular products) and something looking like Eggos but less, well, eggy. Rounder, I guess, or maybe the cups were flatter.

May 13, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #745 of 855
I was on the subway last night, heading up to a bar in downtown Toronto. There were three young men at the end of the train-car discussing portable audio, Ipods, sound quality, etc. One of them was wearing (I think) Sony MDR-V500's. The second guy had a pair of ibuds. Not sure about the third. They were also passing a PSP between them.

May 15, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #746 of 855
I've never seen anything even remotely good. A lot of ibuds, a few crappy sony low end models, and thats it. At a summer seminar at west point I ran into a guy who had SR-80s, but not with him, he told me after spotting my SR-60s. I gave my ex girlfriend my old ksc35s, and sold my sr-60s to one of my friends after giving him a little listen.

May 15, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #747 of 855
every time I walk through downtown SF it's like wading through a sea of ibuds...with the occasional v150/300s. *single tear*
the only things that catch my eye are when I see a cord that isn't white and / or goes over the ear.

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #748 of 855
Despite diligently watching for over a year, all I ever see is cheap headphones and buds ... until today. Fast food, in-ear monitor at the next table. Hark - looks like something worthy of investigation. Sure enough he was wearing Shure E-3's. I thought it might be another head-fier who appreciates great sound but when I asked how he liked them, it turned out he was listening to talk radio and had bought them because they blocked background noise.

Hmmmm - wonder if he would consider trading for some "Plugs"?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #749 of 855
i was just driving back to work after picking up a drink so i can enjoy it for my stay here at work. on the sidewalk i see a guy listening to hd590s on the sidewalk while picking up those political signs

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #750 of 855
i go to uc davis (in california) and 90% of the studens, and even professors, have the ibuds... the other 10% are low end sony's like the 150s or the like. there was this ONE TIME when i saw ksc75's... i was like
icon10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back