1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last
  1. The_Duke_Of_Eli
    At my school it's just ipod headphones and the cheap earbuds that you get at the dollar store. One guy has a Senn. 580.

2. etys rule
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
    Saw a guy waiting at a bus station by the dollar store with a pair of Eggos on. I was tempted to tap his shoulder and ask if he knew about head-fi since eggos aren't exactly common. I also saw some Beyer 250s or Sony V6s. Couldn't exactly tell. Other than that it's all Coby and iBuds.

I have never seen another pair of eggos on the street. Very rare. Not like you can walk into Best Buy and buy them.[​IMG]

3. nsjong
    It's the rage... IEMs!

Saw loads of people with EX51's.
    Also saw some people with Skullcandy IEMs.

Saw a dude with Sennheiser HD212.
    Another dude with PMX60.

Few with MX500's. [​IMG]

4. DRSpeed85
    I convinced a friend of mine to get Koss Portapros instead of iBuds, and he loves them so much!! I sold my sony ex71sls to a friend's gf to replace her iBuds and she likes them much better too.

My roommate's a media studies major but insists that his ipod mini/iBuds sound flawless.

5. Pibborando
    Mostly just the standard iBuds or streetsyles. I've seen a few people with MDR-V150s or MX500s too. One person had the Logitech Curve... bleh. Although one guy in my tech for stage class has either the HD 202s or HD 477s. I think they're the 202s though.

When I get my HD 555s, I'll be sure to wear them at school. No doubt people will coment on how big they are, but I'll just let them have a listen to change their minds. [​IMG]

6. nytmarezz
    at my uni its usually either the apple-phones or the sony modr-v150s

7. MrSlacker
    If anyone saw a person in NYC on Q, B, R, A, or F train with ETY 6i... that was probly me

8. The_X
    I go to a school in a rich white town, so practically the entire population owns iPods with iBuds. There are also quite a few kids who have TriPorts [​IMG] There's one kid who is actually mentally dumb, but wears around PX100's and HD497's and dances to them in the cafeteria. I suppose he's the only one who appreciates good sound.

9. Inkmo
    Hung out with a dude sporting A900s in my college's library. But it turns out he's another headfier [​IMG]

10. skudmunky
    Very nice [​IMG] did you ask him for a listen?

11. Jon.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
    There's one kid who is actually mentally dumb, but wears around PX100's and HD497's and dances to them in the cafeteria. I suppose he's the only one who appreciates good sound.

Funny, people call me dumb when they find out how much my e2c/sr60 cost.

Maybe we all have a mental defect?

12. The_Duke_Of_Eli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
    I convinced a friend of mine to get Koss Portapros instead of iBuds, and he loves them so much!! I sold my sony ex71sls to a friend's gf to replace her iBuds and she likes them much better too.

My roommate's a media studies major but insists that his ipod mini/iBuds sound flawless.

Flawless? Lol.

13. $qwuzzy
    i've seen more this week than i did all last year! seriously.

saw a guy walking to uni with portapros on - he was on the other side of the road so i didn't get to talk to him

actually saw a guy a couple of times this week with bose triports - i feel so so sorry for him. he has no idea what he is missing.

14. Inkmo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
    Very nice [​IMG] did you ask him for a listen?

But of course. Actually it was a sort of 'playdate' [​IMG] . I had my AD900s and HD201 with me, so we got to compare. It was more of an observation that the only folks with good cans here I already know [​IMG].

Oh snap, I brainfarted: he has 500s. Anyways, the soundbalance, in my opinion, remains pretty solid across the AT spectrum, but the 500 definitely has more of a 'closed can' style presentation. Creaking gimbals aside, a super sounding can (I want one now for my 'sitting at the coffee shop' portable); it gave me a new appreciation of the AD900's airy presentation that I didn't have before.

15. -Paolo-
    [​IMG] One of the teachers at my school has Koss PortaPros.

It snowed recently, so he was taking the bus. When I saw it, i didn't know what to make of it.

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last