1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last
  1. tattoou2
    This morning I saw my neighbor's 12 year-old walking to the bus stop wearing Icans.

2. astranovus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Peddler
    Apart from the bland stuff that comes supplied with the players, the most common model I see is the Sony EX-70's - seen three so far in a small town in the UK - and none of them had sticky tape over the holes in the back - fools!

why u need tape on back of holes?

ive got some philips she 9500 with holes in back, does it increase the bass or something?

3. Ttvetjanu
    In my school (dont know what to call it, before university anyways) I've seen AKG K240's, Grado SR325's AND Sony MDR-XD400. Lots of sony streetstyles, a few Portapros, and my friend usually wears Portapros aswell as E2c's. Also seen a pair of Sennheiser HD580's, Mx500's etc... And this isnt a very large school.

4. Laptopia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    I saw a guy with ETY ER-6i and some small flash player on Saturday about 2-3pm on Q train. He got on the train on 34th St and I left on Kings Hwy station and he kept going. There was no amp so i dont know is he is a head-fier

Actually, the ER6i does not benefit from amplification, so maybe he IS a head-fier. The impedance on those IEMs is very low.

5. JT22
    In my high school, I literally see 20-30 pairs of iBuds a day, along with stock Sony buds and streetstyles... [​IMG] There is however one guy with Grado SR60s and I saw an older girl with really nice headphones, but couldn't tell what they were.

6. MrSlacker
    I saw a guy today I think with AT clip-ons, silver ones... reveal yourself stranger!

7. spyrius
    I was walking around a mall in Honolulu and I saw an old guy wearing what I think were E3Cs.

Also, I was watching Sports Night a few days ago and they were in a recording room wearing AKG K240s and AKG K171s or 271s.

8. spyrius
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22
    In my high school, I literally see 20-30 pairs of iBuds a day, along with stock Sony buds and streetstyles... [​IMG] There is however one guy with Grado SR60s and I saw an older girl with really nice headphones, but couldn't tell what they were.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
    In my school (dont know what to call it, before university anyways) I've seen AKG K240's, Grado SR325's AND Sony MDR-XD400. Lots of sony streetstyles, a few Portapros, and my friend usually wears Portapros aswell as E2c's. Also seen a pair of Sennheiser HD580's, Mx500's etc... And this isnt a very large school.

Music players weren't allowed at my school, period. They would be confiscated. [​IMG]
    I always got away with using my Palm. No one noticed. [​IMG]

9. dvallere
    Had my first non-Bose sighting the other day. I was down at the strip mall when high school let out, and about 60 kids came streaming over to Starbucks...many iBuds, 2 pairs of Sony Streetstyles (the old white ones with the orange logo that made them look like Cingular products) and something looking like Eggos but less, well, eggy. Rounder, I guess, or maybe the cups were flatter.

10. okay_player
    I was on the subway last night, heading up to a bar in downtown Toronto. There were three young men at the end of the train-car discussing portable audio, Ipods, sound quality, etc. One of them was wearing (I think) Sony MDR-V500's. The second guy had a pair of ibuds. Not sure about the third. They were also passing a PSP between them.

11. Dihnekis
    I've never seen anything even remotely good. A lot of ibuds, a few crappy sony low end models, and thats it. At a summer seminar at west point I ran into a guy who had SR-80s, but not with him, he told me after spotting my SR-60s. I gave my ex girlfriend my old ksc35s, and sold my sr-60s to one of my friends after giving him a little listen.

12. xantus
    every time I walk through downtown SF it's like wading through a sea of ibuds...with the occasional v150/300s. *single tear*
    the only things that catch my eye are when I see a cord that isn't white and / or goes over the ear.

13. jclinton46
    Despite diligently watching for over a year, all I ever see is cheap headphones and buds ... until today. Fast food, in-ear monitor at the next table. Hark - looks like something worthy of investigation. Sure enough he was wearing Shure E-3's. I thought it might be another head-fier who appreciates great sound but when I asked how he liked them, it turned out he was listening to talk radio and had bought them because they blocked background noise.

Hmmmm - wonder if he would consider trading for some "Plugs"? [​IMG]

14. reivaj
    i was just driving back to work after picking up a drink so i can enjoy it for my stay here at work. on the sidewalk i see a guy listening to hd590s on the sidewalk while picking up those political signs

15. uraflit
    i go to uc davis (in california) and 90% of the studens, and even professors, have the ibuds... the other 10% are low end sony's like the 150s or the like. there was this ONE TIME when i saw ksc75's... i was like [​IMG]

First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last