headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #691 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I saw someone wearing Audio Technica A900's on the Toronto subway yesterday on the way home. That's even worse than when I used to wear my K271S' on my commute.
biggrin.gif

Dayamn, Son! Did you find out if he was a headfier?! You gotta be in deep to have a pair of those out west. Brave man, taking a pair of cans like that into public
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #692 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo
Has this been 34 pages of 'nothing but ibuds, dammit!' I've actually seen a decent number of what I think are Sony MDR J20s, which Bangraman says sound pretty decent.

Did I? Where did I say something so misleading? It needs correcting!!!!

Dec 20, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #693 of 855
I saw a guy at my gym that used Shure e5s. He recently came up to me and asked about my headphones. I just said, these old things ?? He had never heard of UE before. He proceed to explain that he had ety's ER4-P before (couple hunred dollars) and now upgraded to Shure e5s (which we well over $300). Once he started to explain how they have dual drivers, I explained that I had the e5s before. He then looked again at the UE10s and asked how much were they?

As some point he figured out that I knew my stuff and who was schooling who. Cool thing was I didn't really have to say a thing about it.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #694 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Did I? Where did I say something so misleading? It needs correcting!!!!

Ah, It was in the head to head against the Senn .. what was it... PX-10 (?) on your blog. You said the Senns won on SQ, etc.. but neither were really bad choices.... Neither are 'real' headphones. But they ain't iBuds.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #695 of 855
I quote from my review:

"The Sony sounds like a slightly inferior version of the iPod earbuds… certainly non-fatiguing and not unlistenable by any means, but words like detail and clarity don’t exactly roll off the tongue when the J20’s are on the ear."

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #696 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I quote from my review:

"The Sony sounds like a slightly inferior version of the iPod earbuds… certainly non-fatiguing and not unlistenable by any means, but words like detail and clarity don’t exactly roll off the tongue when the J20’s are on the ear."

Ah :p.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #697 of 855
We'll consider that corrected, shall we?
biggrin.gif

When I read your post, I just hoped I hadn't had some sort of deranged moment and posted that they were decent somewhere. In isolation, they're not unlistenable and after a while you start saying "yeah... kinda smooth". But the moment you compare with anything else half-decent, it's limitations become all too clear.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #698 of 855
I didn't remember reading the 'slightly inferior' part when I posted. Only that you had bothered to review them.
rolleyes.gif
I probably skipped down to the bottom to see who won, and then went back on with what I was doing (looking for reviews of mp3 players at the time)

And I really do see a lot of these things on folks' heads out here.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #699 of 855
Yeah. So do I. Which is why I run the comparison. Not sure why they should be as popular as they seem to be... I guess it's a combination of the earhook arrangement, style and price.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #700 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo
Dayamn, Son! Did you find out if he was a headfier?! You gotta be in deep to have a pair of those out west. Brave man, taking a pair of cans like that into public.

Well, I didn't ask him. Sort of worried that if he is a head-fi'er and he realizes who I am... well, I've never had much nice to say about the A900.
biggrin.gif

If I were him I would be worried about them slipping off my head.
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #701 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
If I were him I would be worried about them slipping off my head.
wink.gif

ferreal! I accidentally step on the cord about once a week walking around my room. Usually manage to catch 'em though. At least the AD900 has fewer moving parts to break
tongue.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #702 of 855
The only thing I see is iBuds. The funniest is this guy I work with who uses a little flash 512 sony player with the iPod buds. I asked him where he got them and he said he bought them off of his buddy for $10...
confused.gif

Well two days later I was on break listening to my iPod and he asked me why I didn't have the headphones that came with them and I told him that I replaced them the day I got my iPod because I didn't like the way they fit
tongue.gif
(I didn't want to get into it with him about them being terrible since he went on about liking them) I showed him my E3's and he looked at them a little confused and I thought he would ask me what the deal with the foam was but he said..."now they don't match your iPod" then laughed when I told him what i spent on them...
biggrin.gif
ah well...

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #703 of 855
I can't believe you guys see so many good cans on campus. Here the BEST set of cans I've seen yet were worn by a cute girl today, which inspired me to post.. they were Koss UR21Cs, $17.26 at Walmart. Everybody else has the white iPod buds or other cheap buds. I wear my SR-80s to class and people stare at me like I'm from another planet. I know exactly what they're thinking, too, "that guy doesn't even have enough money for earbuds so he stole his grandma's headphones". Oh well, ignorance is bliss I suppose. I go to MSU Mankato, a party school, so I don't really expect anyone to be enlightened :I

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #704 of 855
I saw a guy getting on the R train at Canal St wearing Audio Technica. I couldn't make out the model, but I did notice the word Vintage on the, what I believe was wood, housing. Those things were huge. That was a first.

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #705 of 855
Saw a guy waiting at a bus station by the dollar store with a pair of Eggos on. I was tempted to tap his shoulder and ask if he knew about head-fi since eggos aren't exactly common. I also saw some Beyer 250s or Sony V6s. Couldn't exactly tell. Other than that it's all Coby and iBuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back