headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #676 of 855
Yep, Head-fiers are a pretty "chill" crowd. I love it here
biggrin.gif
Sittin here with some Oscar Peterson tunes (thanks to head-fi for the recommendations), I'm thinking about headphones I see everyday.

I promise, here at the university of North Texas, 1 in 50 have an ipod, that's a lot IMHO. No kidding. I think there's 1 or 2 at least in each of my class, and that's just people who are wearing them coming in to class. If I had money for a good portable MP3 player, I'd go portable-audiophile too
biggrin.gif
... but that would mean new 'phones too though, as these A500's are quite the "head"full, haha.

EDIT: Almost double posted, got the 'unspecified thread' error after posting... decided to see if it went through before I hit back and post again... Growing pains?

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #679 of 855
somebody spotted my hd650's and talked to me about them for a minute or two. I've recently seen sr325's and sr60's, as well as a pair of senn's that I couldn't identify. About a month ago I saw a man with a pair of etty's amped with a total airhead I think out of an Ipod with a pocketdock.

Dec 14, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #680 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
somebody spotted my hd650's and talked to me about them for a minute or two. I've recently seen sr325's and sr60's, as well as a pair of senn's that I couldn't identify. About a month ago I saw a man with a pair of etty's amped with a total airhead I think out of an Ipod with a pocketdock.

Yeah I've seen about 5 pairs of SR-60s and SR-80s floating around on my campus.

Dec 14, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #681 of 855
Hey this thread is revived.

I saw this commercial for BBC radio 3 I believe, on the BBC today. It was about Bach week on the radio 3, or something, so they were playing Bach and there was a woman walking quitely in the woods with PX100 on listening to it. It looked right.
I would have looked awesome if they gave her RS-1s to wear in that setting.
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #683 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdameron
Yep, Head-fiers are a pretty "chill" crowd. I love it here
biggrin.gif
Sittin here with some Oscar Peterson tunes (thanks to head-fi for the recommendations), I'm thinking about headphones I see everyday.

I promise, here at the university of North Texas, 1 in 50 have an ipod, that's a lot IMHO. No kidding. I think there's 1 or 2 at least in each of my class, and that's just people who are wearing them coming in to class. If I had money for a good portable MP3 player, I'd go portable-audiophile too
biggrin.gif
... but that would mean new 'phones too though, as these A500's are quite the "head"full, haha.

EDIT: Almost double posted, got the 'unspecified thread' error after posting... decided to see if it went through before I hit back and post again... Growing pains?

Oh Dayamn, mdameron! You're at UNT, too? Now I know what it's like when doves cry!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

more than one in fifty in my opinion.

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #684 of 855
lol, i have seen kids at my school boasting about their American Airlines headphones!!
blink.gif
You know the pieces of...........i wont even start

Dec 20, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #688 of 855
Around my school, the only one worth mentioning is this guy with PortaPro's. Although he's in the Music course, so it'd make sense. Everyone else uses stock earbuds or some of them cheap Sony earbuds. I managed to sell 2 of my fellow classmates and friends, a pair of iPod Earbud for $7 bucks, and a pair of stock Sony buds that came with my old MD for $4. Seems to be worth it.
k1000smile.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #689 of 855
I saw someone wearing Audio Technica A900's on the Toronto subway yesterday on the way home. That's even worse than when I used to wear my K271S' on my commute.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back