headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #586 of 855
That's almost as bad as the people who listen to them hanging over the top of their ear. Apparently it's to 'be social'. News to me that letting everyone hear your personal music is social. O.o

I see an absolute tonne of iPod earbuds everyday. Loads of grey phillips cheap earbuds, a few of the sony black and silver cheap ones. I've seen 2 pairs of Ex-71's in black and one pair in white. Pair of Ex-81's. A pair of Portapros on a guy at UNI. Nothing really special, in Manchester, UK I think its majorly wierd to wear huge headphones.
600smile.gif

Oh also tonnes wearing 3g headsets and stuff which goes with their mobile.

Mar 19, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #587 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Ahahaha, that is hilarious!
tongue.gif
I see this guy walking around college everyday wearing a single ipod earphone sticking out of his ear, perpendicular to his ear drums. The worst thing is that he is constantly wearing his single earphone in this fashion, almost all day! I mean, what can he actually hear? music? Amazing.
rolleyes.gif

lol, i know some one like that, has ipod stock buds hanging out of his shirt, even though they ar'nt connected to anything.

i see many stock ipod buds though

Apr 14, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #589 of 855
ipod earbuds or headband headphones like the street style ones but I saw one kid at my school and he had akg k55's on his head and I'mm pretty sure he stole them from the music rooms keyboards.(we have the k55 and some annoying piece of crap on the pianos.
my sister brought the ex71's to college with her and left her crap earbuds here so I have to use them. I don't think I'll get them back ever again so I just ordered the ex81's.

most people in my town can't afford exspensive headphones including me

Apr 15, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #590 of 855
I saw someone with Senn HD 497s and I've used my Alessandro MS1s and Senn HD202s.

Apr 15, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #591 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by odaen
That's almost as bad as the people who listen to them hanging over the top of their ear. Apparently it's to 'be social'. News to me that letting everyone hear your personal music is social. O.o

I haven't seen people doing that, but I hate it when people listen to music constantly, even when you are talking to them. I understand that they have the volume low enough that they can hear me even with the ibuds or MDRQ22 or whatever in their ears, but I can't stand the lack of respect that it shows.

Apr 15, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #592 of 855
I was in Boston at the train station and some guy walked passed me with Grado SR-60's. I had mine on too, and we kind of nodded to eachother. It was funny, like "music is good, yes". And I thought I was the only one ballsy enough to wear my Grado's in public
rs1smile.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #593 of 855
I attend UIUC and people are pretty good with headphones, but there are SO MANY people here..kinda the probability factor...

I saw a guy wearing some grado/allesandro looking phones, wasn't sure which ones they were...Then when I was on the bus I saw some guy who looked like he was from germany (from his shirt) busting out some huge cool looking wooden headphones or something, I am not sure what they were but he was walking as if he was really enjoying himself (head-fi cloud nine I guess)..Then there is a guy in my psychology class who has some sort of canalphone with a cool seethrough-like wire w/foam tips on them, looked expensive, maybe the UM2's or e5c's..

I am sure there are more headphones, I just don't recognize all of them because I'm still pretty n00b.

Haven't seen a Micro + Altoid combo yet..AHA!! got one on yah e5c man..
etysmile.gif

What do you all think is more rare: MD33 or E2C ??

I'd say MD33 because these you have to actually import. Also, not many people here mention seeing these (although they can be confused w/the Sony and Panasonics pretty easily)..

Apr 15, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #594 of 855
there is a guy at my school i've seen the last couple of days who is wearing a pair of Shure E2c's backwards. in other words, the left transducer is in his right ear and the right is in his left ear, and neither is wrapped around his ear (wrapping them is basically impossible when using them this way). i keep thinking that i should tell him, but it's more fun to laugh.

Apr 15, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #595 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
there is a guy at my school i've seen the last couple of days who is wearing a pair of Shure E2c's backwards. in other words, the left transducer is in his right ear and the right is in his left ear, and neither is wrapped around his ear (wrapping them is basically impossible when using them this way). i keep thinking that i should tell him, but it's more fun to laugh.

lol, I know I have my MD33's in the right way, but I do wonder if I am wearing them the most effective way...I just put the right one behind my neck and then that is about it..I don't think you put the MD33's around your ear or anything (or maybe you do..hmmm)..

-EB

Apr 15, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #596 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by EBisky
lol, I know I have my MD33's in the right way, but I do wonder if I am wearing them the most effective way...I just put the right one behind my neck and then that is about it..I don't think you put the MD33's around your ear or anything (or maybe you do..hmmm)..

-EB

you are wearing them properly.

Apr 15, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #598 of 855
I saw someone had a V6 (or something close in design, maybe the V600? or a stray V7) and a Sennheiser eh-1430 at the campus (UST - Philippines)..
Although i (also thought i) saw someone wearing a KSC55 like mine on school grounds or i just mistook it for some streetstyles..

Streetstyles and the apple buds are really rampant in our school..
i'm at the lookout for people with GOOD headphones..
(i'd wear my 55s outside if it wasnt for the blasted ghetto comfy pads)

Apr 15, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #600 of 855
95% of what's visible are Koss PortaPros, a single sighting of either PX-100 or 200. I find it hard to tell with earbuds (and it's been headgear weather until recently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back