1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

headphone sightings?

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by driftwood, Mar 7, 2002.
Tags:
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last
  1. bong
    last week i saw a guy with Sony MDR-D66sl eggos at Union Square 14th Street N/R/Q/W station standing on the platform. i also had my D66 eggos on, but i was in the train so he didn't see me.

i see a lot of Shure E2c on the subway... but the most are white iPod headphones and Sony EX series.

2. MonkeyMan Contributor
    I saw a woman hiking up at Herman's Lake / Watrous Gulch last summer sporting an iPod Mini -> Meier PC mkII -> Etymotic ER4-S.

Earlier this winter I saw a guy entering NorthBound I-25 on a motorcycle with an SR-71 bolted to the side of his helmet. There was an "umbilical" attached to it that appeared to be attached to a device in a bag which was strapped to the top of the gas tank.

3. coffeeaddict
    Most common phones on the University of Calgary campus- MDR-v300s (by far), Sony street styles, Koss UR15-40.

Besides ear buds, I don't think if I've every seen anything else.

4. dominator
    I once saw someone wearing a Grado S-60.

Besides that, just the crappy earbuds/streetstyle headphones.

Also, I see a lot of people wearing those kind of big-ish silver Sony headphones a fair bit. I'm not sure what they're called, and if they are any good. I don't really think they are, but probably better then those crappy earbuds.

5. philodox Contributor
    Someone wearing PortaPro's sat near me on the subway this morning. He seemed mildly interested in my K271S' and I think I saw him checking out my AOS Flute when I adjusted volume.[​IMG]

6. bong
    this morning i saw a woman on the train listineing to a Creative Zen Touch with iPod earphones.i thought that was quite humourous.

7. IstariAsuka
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
    Earlier this winter I saw a guy entering NorthBound I-25 on a motorcycle with an SR-71 bolted to the side of his helmet. There was an "umbilical" attached to it that appeared to be attached to a device in a bag which was strapped to the top of the gas tank.

Nice, SR-71s bolted to a helmet, that must have been quite the site.

Anyways, I'm on a roll! I saw a Shure e3c today!

8. The Actual
    About a week ago I saw a woman walking with some MDRV600s, and two more people at my school have the PX100s, but to offset this, two more people also got triports. Oh well.

9. CRS401
    The most common ones are the mdr-300 and the 700dj. i saw a couple of px100 and 200s too.

10. cetoole
    I saw someone walking around my campus dining hall (The Diner) wearing a pair of Grados, couldn't catch the number. A friend of mine just got an Antique Sound Labs MG Head, but to balance it out, I have seen a couple more Bose Triports and QCs. I think I saw someone with IEMs of some type, but I am not sure, didn't get a good look.

11. necropimp
    i was visiting someone where they worked and one of their co-workers had a cheap cd boombox and v150s... i held back the urge to enlighten the person.. instead when they left their desk i stuck a post-it with "www.head-fi.org" written on it on their desk [​IMG]

12. easypeasy
    Finally saw some Audio-Technica ES5's yesterday in a shopping mall [​IMG]

13. funnytimes
    nyc

i sometimes see an asian kid with an unlabeled grado and a bach trumpet case on the 7 train in the morning. I lost a pair of etymotic er6 on a tour bus.. so now I use ipod buds, at least it works with the remote perfectly..

14. Kairyu
    Yikes, I actually haven't seen anyone in my town wear good headphones. The best I might seen were one of those sony street style earphones =\.
    But I have been getting lots of comments about my PX100 and iRiver h140 setup. Apparently Sennheiser headphones and iRiver MP3 players are virtually unknown in Hawaii.

15. Jimothy
    Today I found myself showing my H320 to a few people at school. Then one of them whipped out a pair of shure e2s with his iPod, and I was like 'w00t!'

Then he said he was thinking about getting a shuffle for sports and such, and I steered him to the Muvo, which he hadn't even heard of. [​IMG]

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Next

Last