headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #301 of 855
Now that I'm in PolyU maybe I have lots more stuff to post here
biggrin.gif

My sound design teacher has a pair of DT770 lying around in his office, and there are DT250-250s and AKG 240DF's in the studio.
biggrin.gif

There's one classmate with D22 eggos and another with the Sony V300
eek.gif
The rest of the class, as far as I can tell, don't listen to music
redface.gif
Haha

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 7, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #303 of 855
two V6s is a lot
lambda.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 7, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #304 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by m0nKeY bUsiNeSs
Ive seen a few people at my school with good headphones. Last year there was a guy in one of my classes with some Porta Pros. But this year when i saw him he had some crappy headphones. I also saw some guy walking around campus with HD 280s. Aside from those i see alot of crapy sony headphones.

grancasa do you live in Santa Cruz?

Hey i live in santa cruz. in soquel to be more accurate and i go to soquel high school!

Feb 7, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #305 of 855
here in hawaii i've only seen a pair of Sennheiser HD202's on this ugly chick. she was screaming and singing to the tune of some rap song obnoxiously to her friends which made me think, "why do retards buy such quality name phones?"

Feb 8, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #306 of 855
I am a poker dealer in Las Vegas at the Bellagio. We have alot of "poker pros" that come in every day and play. Its their job. And alot of them like to wear heaphones to kind of tune all the ******** out. And to keep them from getting bored and playing a bad hand out of sheer bordom. One guy bought a pair of ety ER-4P's for his I-Pod and showed it to a couple of guys, now there are about 5 different guys that have etys in the poker room on a regular basis. Not including myself. I see alot of those sony mdr-ex70?? I dont know the model number. The ones that some people say need the holes taped up. I saw one guy with a set of HD-600's and a mint amp hooked up to a mini-disk player. I wanted to ask him if I could give them a try, but he lost like $2,000 just in the half-hour that I dealt to him. So needless to say, by the time my half-hour was over and I would be able to ask, I wasnt his favorite person. If looks could kill I would have been dead. I also watch the Howard Stern show on E! some nights, and I cant see what Howard has on, but all the guests get sony v-7xxx. I dont remember the exact model number but they are not the v-700's. They are the ones that are similar to the v-6's. You all know which ones I mean.

Feb 8, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #307 of 855
waltermeyer, i think you're talking about 7506. and damn i miss the bellagio poker room. especially comped strawberry julius in the poker room and cigarrettes out at the blackjack table.
tongue.gif
i used to go there every other month or so at least when i lived in los angeles. it's been a long while now though. i actually remember a few times that dealers have told me to turn off my cell phone when i've had my etys in. good to hear you're spreading the word.
etysmile.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #308 of 855
Oh my God! Those strawberry julius's are so ****ing good! And if and when you make it in next time, I work M-F 11 am. to 7 pm. My name is John. Everyone knows me as John W. Ask the floorperson when you put your name on the list, they all know me. Glad to hear from a poker player! Hope to run into you one of these days.

Feb 8, 2004 at 9:38 AM Post #309 of 855
well in my current incarnation as a med school student, it seems like vegas is 10,000 miles away. but i'll keep you in mind for when i finally make it back. i'm brian and i'll probably be wearing porta-pros and overplaying the hell out of small pocket pairs and medium suited connectors. (hey, i said i played. i didn't say i was any good.
tongue.gif
)

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #310 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
i actually remember a few times that dealers have told me to turn off my cell phone when i've had my etys in. good to hear you're spreading the word.
etysmile.gif

how long did it take for him to get through to you?
etysmile.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #311 of 855
couple of ipod buds, innumerable street styles, there was one guy who had eggo d22's but now he uses some philips street style ones. one mdr-v6. one koss ksc-50, couple of people have those radioshack/koss pro-35's.

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #312 of 855
I just noticed, in a late-night-german phone-talkshow the moderator uses the Ultrasone HS-650 Headset
smily_headphones1.gif

It's kinda strange though, cause he only uses them to talk with people. Maybe he has them cause of the low electromagnetic emissions or something
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #313 of 855
In the opening to the new season of SNL, Jimmy Falon rides the subway and as he gets on he puts on a pair of ATH-A900's

Feb 9, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #314 of 855
I caught a very quick glimpse of Jimmy Fallon during that opening scene and I was wondering what kind of headphones he was wearing. A surprising choice for the subway, if you ask me.

Feb 9, 2004 at 4:24 AM Post #315 of 855
Everyone in Hawaii uses buds . . . closed cans are pretty hot in the sun. I think it is Sony's advertising "ultimate bass with titanium duofold engineered drivers" that makes people buy those w.ears and such. I myself thought my 8.99 Panasonic buds were unusual, as they were yellow, and expensive, as compared to $5 ones, which is what most people pay for buds here.
rolleyes.gif

I have a pair of e3's, but I can't use them in public as people
cannot believe how expensive they are when they ask
can't tell the difference between the sound and their sony's
think it looks stupid putting them on
think the e3's looks stupid itself (I admit it does stick out a little . . .)

They think their clip on sony's are the ultimate phone.

So now, I use my px200's as a socially acceptable phone which I think looks pretty cool but someone recently informed me they look strange.

I normally carry an extra pair of phones for my friends when they wanna listen to music either mx300's (free) or koss 50's ($11). No one ever comments on the quality of the sound, when I ask doe it sound good (say for px200's) they look surprised and reply, uh, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back