headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #331 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
Not long ago I noticed on TV a video of Alicia Keys, she had Grado headphones on her head while walking next to a little boy. I think it's in the video for "Woman's worth", but not totally sure.

Contrary to that, seen some of those programs with celebrities showing their houses, some of those musicians and rock stars have pretty average or mass market audio systems in their multi million $$$$$ houses, quite disappointing.

I saw that video this afternoon. They probably just used them because they look neat.

Feb 12, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #332 of 855
Not a headphone sighting, but a sighting that made me think of headphones. This AKG sign is on a building in the middle of Sabana Grande (Caracas, Venezuela). I was there this past Christmas, couldn't help taking a picture. That sign I've seen there even back when a was a kid but never gave it much thought. Only now after becoming a sort of audio enthusiast I paid enough attention to it. The AKG store by the way is no longer in that building, but the sign remains.

Feb 12, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #333 of 855
ahahhaha, the best thing happened today.

i ride the mainline outside of philly which is the rich people train.
i was sitting infront of these two guys talking about their iPods.
Super Rich 50-something Business guy dressed in blackwool dresscoat who just bought an iPod explained to Super Rich 40-something Business guy dressed in Navywool sportscoat that the iPod buds are some of the best headphones he's ever heard.

oh it was too good. but how could i turn around and explain to them that my padless, broken clipped ksc35's were way the hell better than the ipod buds?

cest la vie i guess

Feb 12, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #334 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
Not long ago I noticed on TV a video of Alicia Keys, she had Grado headphones on her head while walking next to a little boy. I think it's in the video for "Woman's worth", but not totally sure.

Contrary to that, seen some of those programs with celebrities showing their houses, some of those musicians and rock stars have pretty average or mass market audio systems in their multi million $$$$$ houses, quite disappointing.

Yeah but you can tell by her music (especially when compared to her age) that she's more of a music/audiophile than most other celebs.

Feb 12, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #335 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
ahahhaha, the best thing happened today.

i ride the mainline outside of philly which is the rich people train.
i was sitting infront of these two guys talking about their iPods.
Super Rich 50-something Business guy dressed in blackwool dresscoat who just bought an iPod explained to Super Rich 40-something Business guy dressed in Navywool sportscoat that the iPod buds are some of the best headphones he's ever heard.

oh it was too good. but how could i turn around and explain to them that my padless, broken clipped ksc35's were way the hell better than the ipod buds?

cest la vie i guess

You should have told him that if he wanted to know about really good headphones he should visit head-fi!

Feb 12, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #336 of 855
yesterday on the way to work, i saw a guy with a pair of wooden headphones on. i know they are not Audio Technica or Sony R10 either; i wonder what they were? the earcups were more triangle or trapezoidal than circular, and had a lot of little writings on it, i couldn't make out what it says. anyone have any ideas?

as usual i was wearing my D66 eggos. this month i saw a few MDR-7506, portapros, V700DJ, an SR-60, PX-200s, and a whole sea of dang WHITE iPod earbuds!
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #337 of 855
I saw SCARY MOVIE 3 a couple of days ago at the cinema.

In the scene where the farm boy (comedy take on Eminem) is leaving for "Da Hood"
biggrin.gif
he is seen wearing Sony V6s or V7506s.

Feb 24, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #339 of 855
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

_39871431_male_gamers203.jpg

someone smak him

Feb 24, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #342 of 855
While on vacation in Zihuatanejo I saw an ice cream ad featuring a girl with Grado RS-1's. I thougth I was crazy but I videorecorded the ad and just checked it out at home. It's definitely one of the Grado woodies. I'll try and see if I can transfer the video somehow so you guys can see the cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back