headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #286 of 855
People ask me about my Porta Pros all the time. Only once has someone asked me about my Ety's (a friend at work). He was quite interested until I told him how much they cost. He's too afraid to visit this forum. I just wouldn't wear my K1000's in public, obviously.

-Ed

Feb 2, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #287 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng
at the trainstation the other day i saw the hottest girl wearing a pair of sr-80's, amped!
i started talking to her, and she said her boyfriend set her up with all the stuff...
frown.gif

Okay guys, who's girl is it?
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #288 of 855
I haven't ever seen any good headphones. Most everybody I know has some ****ty Sony "streetstyle" headphones or a crappy pair of earbuds. My dad is actually okay with dollar tree headphones ::ready to barf::

I did see one guy with a custom bag and some Senn 600s, Ety ER4-Ps, and a TA amp.. oh wait, that was me
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #290 of 855
i saw some fairly high end sony's today. maybe cd1700 im not sure. i am pretty sure i have seen a couple of ex71's around. i also see lots of v6's everywhere. not everywhere, but on boom mic operators on tv, and people in a tv station. sorta cool.

EDIT: oh! did anyone catch the ksc-50's on that football player (i forget who
tongue.gif
) at the sb before the game? i thought that was cool

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:53 AM Post #291 of 855
The best pair of headphones I've ever seen others use is probably MX200's. I do spot quite a few iPodders here in Vancouver but almost all of them use the stock phones... ugh.

If you see someone with the E3cs in Vancouver, it's probably me cause I've yet to see anyone with them! Plus I've caught quite a few people staring at my E3cs.
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #292 of 855
Unfortunatly I have to report the same as most other people; crappy stuff. But I'll keep looking, there have to be some people here with decent phones. If anyone here goes to Iowa State (unlikely for the reason I'll explain in a minute), you can usually spot me walking around with my SR-60's wearing my orange hat. Apparently I look like a moron, since the setup looks like old aviation hats. However, I don't care and I don't get all that many looks.

Btw, I can finally post again! For some reason the ip's that my university uses for the dorms are all banned. So now I can only post when I'm on campus (at class mostly).

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #296 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Dreamer

I wonder what that girl in the elevator was thinking as she put on her stock Archos cans as I stepped on wearing my K271S?
redface.gif

She probably said to herself... "Like oh my god! Those are so big!!!"

Feb 6, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #298 of 855
Quote:

That is of course the usual reaction to "our" headphones
biggrin.gif

I wore my 280's in the library once when I was watching a movie on my laptop... The funniest thing was that the looks that I got were more of curiosity than anything else.

Feb 6, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #299 of 855
Quote:

I wonder what that girl in the elevator was thinking as she put on her stock Archos cans as I stepped on wearing my K271S?
redface.gif

Probable nothing. She doesn't care about headphones. She thinks nothing about them.

If she was asked to decribe you now she'd probally tell what color hair you had and what jacket you had on. And at the end...maybe...she remembers that you were wearing a pair of large headphones.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #300 of 855
Ive seen a few people at my school with good headphones. Last year there was a guy in one of my classes with some Porta Pros. But this year when i saw him he had some crappy headphones. I also saw some guy walking around campus with HD 280s. Aside from those i see alot of crapy sony headphones.

Quote:

In Santa Cruz, somewhere downtown, I saw a guy with wild hair listening to some Beyerdynamic phones, could have been 770's, but I couldn't tell.

grancasa do you live in Santa Cruz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back