Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #9,391 of 12,415
Quote:
I saw a HD439 the other day. Those things have a deceptive appearance as I thought they were open-back...

Lol. I know. I always thought they were open back, until I had a chance to demo them.
I was like What? They are selling an open back for public use? But apparently, it was just for the cool looks of grills.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #9,397 of 12,415
Hehe, one fellow novice Audiophile at my school started wearing his HD650's on the bus and on his way to school, although he doesn't have an amp yet so he sources them straight from his Iphone. 

o.o
I'm ordering some HE-500's this weekend (had to delay getting them for a week due to an accident) and am wondering if I can drive them off an X3 while I walk my dog. I would probably get some O.o looks from people.

I wore my hd800 and lcd2 regularly in public
Yes, you do get a lot of looks. And then when you pull out your ipod>clas>o2 stack people think you have a bomb. Either that or start taking pictures for instagram

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #9,399 of 12,415
I wore my hd800 and lcd2 regularly in public

Yes, you do get a lot of looks. And then when you pull out your ipod>clas>o2 stack people think you have a bomb. Either that or start taking pictures for instagram

You're good looking, I guess they're taking pictures to keep in their wallets.

They don't take pictures of me =/ They take pictures of my stack

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #9,400 of 12,415
Don't want to starts racial profiling, but saw an Indian guy wearing a brown Momentum exiting MRT station and another Indian guy wearing Philips Fidelio X1. They sure do appreciate good sound :)

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #9,401 of 12,415
Quote:
Don't want to starts racial profiling, but saw an Indian guy wearing a brown Momentum exiting MRT station and another Indian guy wearing Philips Fidelio X1. They sure do appreciate good sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice. Could they be Head-Fi'ers?

You never know...XD

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #9,404 of 12,415
electrostats in public? I would never even consider it, if you get even a little spec of dust or material on the diaphragm you get distortion that is next to impossible to fix/clean.  Maybe I'm paranoid but not worth the novelty of getting weird looks IMO

I saw a pair of headphones hanging from a super old van, went to get a closer look at them and they said "Radio Shack" on the cups : (

AKG actually made headphones similar to the K250 and they were sold by RadioShack. They are very similar in looks, so Google K250 and you might find the ones you saw :)

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #9,405 of 12,415
Walking on the streets in Akiba, when i stumbled upon a girl wearing some DT770 Pro's. 

Also, not really a sighting, but the local tech store (Yodobashi) has walls of headphones....including the higher end cans from Sennheiser, Fostex, Beyerdynamic, and Stax. Stayed there for hours listening to the HD 700's and T1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back