Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #9,361 of 12,415
Quote:
First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3

I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #9,362 of 12,415
Quote:
First CIEM sighting ever, some businessman with a suitcase and a short haircut had smoky black CIEM that looked a bit like some Ultimate Ears. I feel like Finland is less of a third world country (audio wise) now :3

Maybe he was a musician. The only bad side of ciems, you can't tell which model / brand they are as a third person
happy_face1.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #9,363 of 12,415
Quote:
I spotted quite alot of nice headphones when I lived in Turku. Beyers, Audio-Technicas and Sennheisers on people. And only a couple pair of Beats,

Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #9,364 of 12,415
Quote:
Yes, but there's hardly CIEM, which need some knowledge to get into your hands. Most people don't know a lot about headphones in here, they just get Sennheiser because in Finland it has almost the same fabled ultimate superbest quality as Beats do in the States among youth. While Sennheiser is a great brand, the problem is that the Sennheiser afficiandos are ready to bash all other headphone brands without even knowing they existed, just because Sennheiser has more aggressive marketing than Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado, Fostex or the other respected brands. Generally I feel like most people in Finland, even some with okay headphones are quite ignorant.

CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #9,365 of 12,415
Quote:
CIEM's are rare, you're right about that, I have only seen a couple of pairs of them. Didn't really know about the Sennheiser "problem" though. I recall a friend talking about how amazing Sennheiser is, but that's about it. 

It's not that big of a problem, it's still a decent brand and I'd much rather see ignorant people endorse Sennheiser than some less serious brand. It's just a bit odd to see someone wearing a recognized audio brand, and scoff at AKG K272HD because "you should've just gotten Sennheisers they're the best". That being said, Sennheiser HD-series and the Koss Portapro must be the most widespread headphones I see around here.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #9,366 of 12,415

A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?

I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #9,367 of 12,415

A big-brand audio manufacturer actually doing competent marketing instead of being rolled over by the Dr. Dre train?

I'm honestly shocked. Audio manufacturers in the U.S. advertise more limply than a dead fish washed up on the beach.

..or more limp than, um... never mind :D  
I will soon be the Toronto equivalent of that musician-wannabe businessman walking the streets in a smoky CIEM :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #9,368 of 12,415
Cheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #9,369 of 12,415
Quote:
Cheap ipod or no brand earbuds.... fake beads by dre's.... nobody has good stuff in Malaysia. They probably do but just don't take them out. I know a few that have serious high end stuff.
I think I also saw Ray William Johnson wearing some ciem's not sure though.

Speaking of Malaysia... ClieOS lives there. He's got some serious collection of iems.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #9,370 of 12,415
I'm from Malaysia. Most people who have high end stuff keeps them at home. CIEMs are quite rare since the conversion rate is expensive plus shelling and fitting. Everything is more expensive since they're imported and sellers mark up prices.

Those who do have good stuff tend to stay in a tightly knit circle.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #9,372 of 12,415
I intentionally disabled the entire Beats display at a Best Buy by removing the wall wart that powers the source box. Many lols, lels, and lulz were had.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #9,373 of 12,415
Quote:
I intentionally disabled the entire Beats display at a Best Buy by removing the wall wart that powers the source box. Many lols, lels, and lulz were had.

OMG you are my hero.

I accidentally disabled an headphone amp at an audiostore, making K550 and W1000x useless for 30mins. Their employee couldn't find out what was wrong.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #9,375 of 12,415
My office max used to stock a very nice selection of Audio Technica headphones with a display with and 3.5mm audio input plus it had a very clean sounding amp in the display. I wish I would have been around when they took it down and replaced them with an assortment the worst headphones known to man. I at least would have bought the display and recabled the headphones and re-purposed that amp. 

Quote:
Wow he has a long list of gear on his profile o___________________0

Also, Porta Pros and 2 other cheap Koss cans at Office depot of all places.  Wasn't expecting that, of course they still have their beats on display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back