Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #9,421 of 12,415
I (miraculously) saw a guy at my school wearing M50's while sitting on a bench. I had an impulse to sit next to him with my own M50's, but felt it would be a little awkward.
Of course, I've also seen my fair share of Beats and Skullcandies lately. People really love the Skullcandy "Uprock" at my college. Maybe due to its compactness, and high probability of breaking?

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #9,422 of 12,415
Quote:
I (miraculously) saw a guy at my school wearing M50's while sitting on a bench. I had an impulse to sit next to him with my own M50's, but felt it would be a little awkward.
Of course, I've also seen my fair share of Beats and Skullcandies lately. People really love the Skullcandy "Uprock" at my college. Maybe due to its compactness, and high probability of breaking?

I used to take my M50 to school but the cable length problem just got silly.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #9,425 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw some random guy on the bus using in ear Shures.  Unsure of the model, maybe the 200 series.

BTW, how do you deal with longer cabled headphones on the go? (10ft.)

Maybe not the best option but:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-fishbone-silicone-earphone-cable-winder/154178615.html

I don't use long cables on to go, so I can't say much but search for cable winder and similar things, you can find interesting products.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #9,428 of 12,415
For big coiled cables, they will manage themselves if you find a good place to put your player/phone/stack. 

For example, I recently found that putting my phone in my laptop bag works great for my ~10ft coiled V6 cable. Coat pocket also work in winter. 

It's a bit weird at first, but it works pretty well. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #9,429 of 12,415
Quote:
I used to take my M50 to school but the cable length problem just got silly.

I take my HFI-580's for travel and stuff, and the 154'' cable (roughly 3.5m) is really bothersome. I normally run it down my body, into one pocket, and then continue the circuit into another pocket where my X3 and phone lay, while tucking the cable behind my belt to not have it showing. Think of it like a seatbelt.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #9,430 of 12,415
Quote:
I was on holiday in Vienna, Austria a few weeks ago and beats solos and studios were everywhere. I must have spotted at least 20 in just one day of walking around through the city.

actually i see lots of akg k518 running around here. maybe not as many as rapper cans, but still a lot. must depend on where exactly you're going :)
plus, while k518 and the like look quite inconspicuous, as soon as you see a pair of beats they seem to jump right in your face, screaming "LOOK AT MEEE, IMA BEATZZZ!!1!11!!".
so if you see some dres, keep looking. maybe you're missing a pair of grados hiding in the vicinity
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #9,432 of 12,415
I went to RadioShack today and I "tested" an employee asking out of a pair of: M-80s, Beats Studios, Skullcandy Lowriders, and an Audio-Technica. I half expected him to say that the Beats were the best out of them, but to my surprise, he pointed at the A-Ts. Made my day.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #9,433 of 12,415
Quote:
I went to RadioShack today and I "tested" an employee asking out of a pair of: M-80s, Beats Studios, Skullcandy Lowriders, and an Audio-Technica. I half expected him to say that the Beats were the best out of them, but to my surprise, he pointed at the A-Ts. Made my day.

The RadioShack I go to doesn't have Beats nor Audio Technica headphones on display oddly enough. They sell them yes, but the Soul by Ludacris headphones are on display as are the Crossfade M-80s.

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #9,435 of 12,415
Quote:

Which model A-T were they? It's possible that, if it's a low-end model like the M35, you could've still been mislead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back